Stenny v QP

Kids are to be encouraged to come along and make a bit of noise. The Stenny kids were decent lads although 90 minutes of banging a drum, often just aimlessly, was a bit wearing. I suppose it's a small price to pay for getting kids interested in their local team.

Almost 100% correct I think he might have said effin face. A straight red for questioning a decision wow. I think both teams disappointed with the refereeing performance. 
The guy was horrendously officious.

Another point-saving display from Willie Muir and, overall, a decent day at the office for the defence. Three shut outs in a row is good going.

As has been said, we seem to be flying out the traps in recent games and tailing off, which is in contrast to what happened earlier in the season. We might have a few more weeks to wait until everyone is at peak match fitness. Just in time for the playoffs!

On 07/03/2020 at 16:58, williebraveheart said:

We really need to find a proper finishing striker.

Kouider-Aissa has 17 goals this season. Easily the most natural finisher we've had at the club in years, and arguably the only one we've had in a long time. Haven't seen the highlights yet, but I don't remember him having any clear-cut chances on Saturday.

23 hours ago, spider1867 said:

Slater was easily bullied yesterday and stupidly got himself sent off. 

I did initially agree with your second point but not so sure now given what has been reported he said.  Difference between using the eff word in general conversation, like "that ball hit my effing face" ( at a push, a yellow for dissent) and calling the ref something ( straight red card for abusive language) The ref must have thought he was doing a BB game.

Can't agree that he was bullied at all. Second half he wasn't great but - like last week against Annan - I thought he had a decent first half and was involved in most of our good play. He was also one of our better performers at Brechin which wasn't bad considering he'd just come back from injury. Of course we all know the impact he made on his debut before picking up that injury. The guy is a class act but has hardly featured  in comparison to the other new signings. He has a huge part to play   

Edited by Mick1867

43 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Kouider-Aissa has 17 goals this season. Easily the most natural finisher we've had at the club in years, and arguably the only one we've had in a long time. Haven't seen the highlights yet, but I don't remember him having any clear-cut chances on Saturday.

Easily the best since Longworth.

1 hour ago, Skeletar Spider said:

I quite agree but my point is that we need another pure striker to play alongside him. His winning of the ball in the air is wasted as he is on his own. Young Moore has promise and I like him a lot but he is not currently the answer.

36 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

I quite agree but my point is that we need another pure striker to play alongside him. His winning of the ball in the air is wasted as he is on his own. Young Moore has promise and I like him a lot but he is not currently the answer.

I heard that we tried to get a young striker on loan from Rangers in January.  

We don’t necessarily need two up front, we need runners from midfield that are willing to get in behind the opposition from Salim’s knock ons. Purdue’s goal against Edinburgh earlier in the season is a prime example of how effective it can be. 

The other issue is the lack of a goal threat coming off the bench. Our options are limited if Plan A aint working. I think back to the likes of Rogers coming off the bench for Peterhead and usually scoring.

I had thought King was brought in for a goal threat from midfield but it hasn't materialised yet.

We strengthened all areas of the team bar centre-forward in the transfer window. It is the hardest position to fill and especially mid season. No one is going to release or loan anyone who is scoring goals regularly. 

Top priority for the Club was getting away from the drop zone. That's achieved and if we can get into the play-offs we will try and go up.

Come the summer when there are a lot more strikers available then I expect we will strengthen then. Players know what is going on at Queen's Park and due to our change of status, they want to come.

23 hours ago, qpfc said:

We don’t necessarily need two up front, we need runners from midfield that are willing to get in behind the opposition from Salim’s knock ons. Purdue’s goal against Edinburgh earlier in the season is a prime example of how effective it can be. 

Good point. We don't even have to go back that far, McLean's goal against Annan a good example of someone getting in behind after Sal goes for the high ball  

11 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Good point. We don't even have to go back that far, McLean's goal against Annan a good example of someone getting in behind after Sal goes for the high ball  

If Salim were to get injured do you think we have adequate backup? Just because we need two strikers we are not obliged to play them together although I think we should. Cove and Elgin manage fine.

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

If Salim were to get injured do you think we have adequate backup? Just because we need two strikers we are not obliged to play them together although I think we should. Cove and Elgin manage fine.

I don't think we do have adequate back up and that's why McKinnon tried to get somebody in. Moore can't do what Sal does but he can be effective alongside him .  I honestly don't mind us playing two up tbh. Roberts and McKinnon have both done it at some point this season. The question would be who do we sacrifice in midfield.

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

I don't think we do have adequate back up and that's why McKinnon tried to get somebody in. Moore can't do what Sal does but he can be effective alongside him .  I honestly don't mind us playing two up tbh. Roberts and McKinnon have both done it at some point this season. The question would be who do we sacrifice in midfield.

At the moment it might have to be King.