Stenny v QP

Galt does look offside in those pics but they don't show the players behind them, will need to wait for the video evidence to see if there are any defenders behind him playing him on. 

Agree the referee is a clone of Ricky Little.

f**k me; how irritating is this wee walloper with the drum? No wonder they've moved him behind the goal.

We should be winning this. It's a wee bit too much like last week.

I was thinking before the game that I was going to tire of the 'musicians and choir' in the corner, but to be honhest i felt it actually added to the atmosphere. Like all away games, the atmosphere was much better than Hampden, and the terracing certainly helps with that. Hope we can build a similar experience at Hampden (with or without the drum).

To be fair to the young team, they were pretty good natured and kept it up for the whole game. I was at the other end of the terrace, but I wasnt aware of them giving the QP support any grief, and from what I could make out none of the lyrics had anything offensive from the old firm hymn books.

Genuine question, did they get put in their own taped off section with the away fans because of complaints from the home fans when they're in the stand?

2 points dropped for me. We didn’t really create a barrowload of chances but I felt we really should of got a goal in the first half. Had a feeling it was gonna end a draw after failing to capitalise on the early dominance. We’re solid as a rock nowadays but need to be more composed in the final third 
Not too convinced by Finnie tbh, you can tell teams are targeting his side and today was the exact same with the Stenny winger getting a bit of joy and space to create chances, thankfully they were awful aswell. 

Another shout out to willie Muir, couple of outstanding saves in quick succession. Best keeper in the league and will be gutted if he’s not the keeper next season.  

Referee was dire I thought, constantly making the game about himself. Can’t comment on Slater’s red card but he wasn’t complaining too much when walking off, so may have said something pretty bad 
I agree that Finnie didn't have his best game, but think he managed to do just enough, with a bit of support from others at times, to keep the no 24 at bay.
Both Morrison and Doig were great again today, with Morrison in particular making some important blocks, but I wasnt as impressed with Grant as usual, there was a couple of times he seemed to get caught a yard of the pace of the Stenny forwards.
Muir too was great again, and the double save was top notch. Bell must be wondering when hes going to get a chance. Willie showed some real class to take time at the end of the game to acknowledge the support who were singing his name, and topped it of by handing his gloves to a delighted looking young lad. Really hope he's being offered a deal for next season.

Pretty humdrum game anyhow, of course these matches happen but what concerns me is the fact McKinnon didn't appear to see the need to change things up tactically even when it was clear we were having no joy. Does this show an overreliance on a Plan A?

Plus the insistence on trying to beat umpteen men before shooting is really doing my head in.

It was suggested on the radio with the corona virus stuff ongoing that instead of the players shaking hands before games, they perform something like a haka but with a Scottish twist. The slosh was suggested. Now that would be worth the admission money alone.

13 hours ago, DundeeSpider1867 said:

Pretty humdrum game anyhow, of course these matches happen but what concerns me is the fact McKinnon didn't appear to see the need to change things up tactically even when it was clear we were having no joy. Does this show an overreliance on a Plan A?

Plus the insistence on trying to beat umpteen men before shooting is really doing my head in.

Totally agree with this post. We did not learn our lessons again after Brechin game. Stenny sat in and the longer they were in the game they grew into it. Again same comments from me regarding King and Slater. King is not an upgrade in the midfielders we have in our squad. He does not have. A battle in him. Slater was easily bullied yesterday and stupidly got himself sent off. The manager has Been  in this division before he should know you have to change things up for different games. The 2nd half was lump ball and chase for me. The first 25 mins we kept it on the deck. 2 draws against Stenny and Brechin could seriously have damaged our play off chances. I still can't understand not bringing in another forward to assist and change things up. 

42 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

Totally agree with this post. We did not learn our lessons again after Brechin game. Stenny sat in and the longer they were in the game they grew into it. Again same comments from me regarding King and Slater. King is not an upgrade in the midfielders we have in our squad. He does not have. A battle in him. Slater was easily bullied yesterday and stupidly got himself sent off. The manager has Been  in this division before he should know you have to change things up for different games. The 2nd half was lump ball and chase for me. The first 25 mins we kept it on the deck. 2 draws against Stenny and Brechin could seriously have damaged our play off chances. I still can't understand not bringing in another forward to assist and change things up. 

To little to late yesterday Moore sitting on bench with little time to make an impact and even at the was only a straight like for like swap no system change,  4 points dropped against 2 of leagues bottom sides, all good playing 1 up front and being tight at the back, leaves sal very much isolated on his own chasing his own flick ons, 

All fine at one end of the park, but not the other. Feels like we're overly reliant on Sal. Similar pattern to recent games, play well early on and then run out of ideas a wee bit. Slater being sent off for calling the ref a fuckin clown was a silly one. He wasn't wrong, mind. 

23 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:
On 07/03/2020 at 19:34, spidersSnapper said:
Sorry guys it does look like David Galt was offside 
offside-1.thumb.jpg.f94017a16e5f2c5d01cd443c97444cfe.jpg
offside-2.thumb.jpg.4b7dfacaf0412b86a170c2dca47a348a.jpg
offside-3.thumb.jpg.c038bf077d200f8f05d8453af25782d8.jpg

Are you not meant to be partisan??? Get a snap up that shows him onside!

I still think Galt is onside. The top picture shows the Stenny defenders arm. I think Galt is onside when that ball is played in the top picture. 

What on earth did Slater say that warranted a straight red?

Can the club appeal on the grounds that the referee was a dick ?
He was booked for a handball, when the ball smacked him in the face.

Told the ref that it hit him in the face and was then sent off.

42 minutes ago, CEMSFC said:

He was booked for a handball, when the ball smacked him in the face.

Told the ref that it hit him in the face and was then sent off.

Almost 100% correct I think he might have said effin face. A straight red for questioning a decision wow. I think both teams disappointed with the refereeing performance. 

On 07/03/2020 at 20:37, Ben Reilly said:

I was thinking before the game that I was going to tire of the 'musicians and choir' in the corner, but to be honhest i felt it actually added to the atmosphere. Like all away games, the atmosphere was much better than Hampden, and the terracing certainly helps with that. Hope we can build a similar experience at Hampden (with or without the drum).

To be fair to the young team, they were pretty good natured and kept it up for the whole game. I was at the other end of the terrace, but I wasnt aware of them giving the QP support any grief, and from what I could make out none of the lyrics had anything offensive from the old firm hymn books.

Genuine question, did they get put in their own taped off section with the away fans because of complaints from the home fans when they're in the stand?

We moved into the away stand just to trial if it was better