Stenny v QP

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

My memory of that game is that they were pretty poor, we were all over them, but wouldn't have scored in a barrel of fannies until Smith's ridiculous injury time challenge on Moore.  

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

We were played off the park that day and scored with our chance of the match. It would have been a travesty if Queen's Park hadn't taken something from it!

I stand corrected 

2 points dropped for me. We didn’t really create a barrowload of chances but I felt we really should of got a goal in the first half. Had a feeling it was gonna end a draw after failing to capitalise on the early dominance. We’re solid as a rock nowadays but need to be more composed in the final third 

Not too convinced by Finnie tbh, you can tell teams are targeting his side and today was the exact same with the Stenny winger getting a bit of joy and space to create chances, thankfully they were awful aswell. 

Another shout out to willie Muir, couple of outstanding saves in quick succession. Best keeper in the league and will be gutted if he’s not the keeper next season.  

Referee was dire I thought, constantly making the game about himself. Can’t comment on Slater’s red card but he wasn’t complaining too much when walking off, so may have said something pretty bad 

Edited by qpfc

I think a draw might have been the fair result but Queen's Park might feel aggrieved not to have won the match based on the balance of play. They came at us like a snapping alligator in the opening 10 minutes and should have taken the lead - I couldn't really see an offside in their "goal", and their forward should have done better when he was playing in on goal; credit to Graeme Smith, once again, for the save. Big Buzz was tremendous today. They couldn't maintain their high-octane start and the game settled into a stuffy, occasionally exciting affair. Stenhousemuir should have scored midway through the second half when David Hopkirk (I think) forced Wullie Muir into a double save. CRaig Slater made an arse of himself at the end with his daft red card.

I thought Stenny were alright without ever being great. Jonathan Tiffoney had a frustrating game at right-back and some of his touches and passes were askew. Jordan Armstrong on the other flank, meanwhile, is not a full-back and he didn't really offer much in an attacking sense. Greig Spence worked hard without really contributing and I wonder why we didn't make a change sooner - perhaps Mark McGuigan might have offered something different with 20 minutes to go? Ryan Blair was our best player while Scott McLaughlin showed some good touches in the middle of the park.

Given how poorly we've done against Queen's Park in the previous three matches, I'm satisfied with a point. With Brechin City narrowly losing at Cove Rangers, it's another little step away from the foot of the table.

I couldn't hear what the so-called Stenny Bois behind the goals were signing but did they break into choruses of "Hello! Hello!"? If that was the case, get it packed it. No place for that kind of stuff at Ochilview.

I think a draw might have been the fair result but Queen's Park might feel aggrieved not to have won the match based on the balance of play. They came at us like a snapping alligator in the opening 10 minutes and should have taken the lead - I couldn't really see an offside in their "goal", and their forward should have done better when he was playing in on goal; credit to Graeme Smith, once again, for the save. Big Buzz was tremendous today. They couldn't maintain their high-octane start and the game settled into a stuffy, occasionally exciting affair. Stenhousemuir should have scored midway through the second half when David Hopkirk (I think) forced Wullie Muir into a double save. CRaig Slater made an arse of himself at the end with his daft red card.
I thought Stenny were alright without ever being great. Jonathan Tiffoney had a frustrating game at right-back and some of his touches and passes were askew. Jordan Armstrong on the other flank, meanwhile, is not a full-back and he didn't really offer much in an attacking sense. Greig Spence worked hard without really contributing and I wonder why we didn't make a change sooner - perhaps Mark McGuigan might have offered something different with 20 minutes to go? Ryan Blair was our best player while Scott McLaughlin showed some good touches in the middle of the park.
Given how poorly we've done against Queen's Park in the previous three matches, I'm satisfied with a point. With Brechin City narrowly losing at Cove Rangers, it's another little step away from the foot of the table.
I couldn't hear what the so-called Stenny Bois behind the goals were signing but did they break into choruses of "Hello! Hello!"? If that was the case, get it packed it. No place for that kind of stuff at Ochilview.

It was an OG by the Stenny defender. It was a goal.

Regardless of who put the ball in the net, the offside was given against whoever cut the ball back into the box.
Offside was given against Salim- who was in the box i believe and had absolute heehaw to do with the own goal tbh. Absolute stinker of a decision from the linesman.

Also, not sure what Slater said but the ball hit his face and the foul was because of an alleged hand ball I think? Can see why he’s frustrated if he’s just took one to the chin and the ref blows hand ball.

They were all incompetent imo. Lino near the away end was awful for Stenny too.

That ref is a mini Ricky Little.

I think they just borrowed the tune. I think their ire was aimed in the direction of Falkirk.

3 minutes ago, houstonspider said:
1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I think they just borrowed the tune. I think their ire was aimed in the direction of Falkirk.

In that case: fair play to them!