Stenny v QP

A good points haul from the first three games against Stenny, who look like they've been a bit of a mixed bag in recent times. We've been in very good form since McKinnon came in, but most of the games have been tight. We'll have to be well on our game to get a result. Stenny have proven that they can beat anyone in the league on their day. 

I liked what I saw in terms of our first half approach against Annan and I liked what I saw in terms of game management in the second half. Would expect big Nicky to come back in at centre half if he's ready, but don't think we'll change an awful lot more after a win. 

Morrison done well last week but wasn’t challenged really. I thought Annan were very poor. McKinnon might start Morrison and Grant which would be a shame on Nicky. Perhaps not though.

I didn’t think we were great against Annan but got the job done. Few injuries concerns to be fair. Could say it was a professional display.

We’ll need to be better away on Saturday.

I thought Morrison was our best player against Annan - superb tackle first half to stop them from probably scoring - and anything they threw at us second half he mopped up. I'd be surprised if he doesn't keep his place at the back. However if the midfield injuries don't clear up he could end up playing there... or we could go three at the back.

I'm going into this one with low expectations. We've been thumped every time we've played Queen's Park this season and given each team's form, I think it'll be more of the same on Saturday.

I wasn't at the match against Stirling Albion but we seemed to acquit ourselves alright (albeit against a side that had lost their last six matches at home). Can we build on it at the weekend? Will Gary Harkins come back into the starting XI? Will Mark McGuigan maintain his position in attack?

I, for one, cannot wait to find out!

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

We've been thumped every time we've played Queen's Park this season

1-1 in August, thanks to a 96th minute QP penalty.  Seem to remember thinking Stenny looked fairly decent in those heady early season days.  QP's 2-1 victory at the start of the year was almost undoubtedly the worst performance by a winning team I've seen.  Stenny could think themselves pretty hard done-by that day, although both sides were grim.  So not all that much of a gap in those games, although obviously they were both pre-Haughey's millions.

Edited by Chester Desmond

I will be disappointed if we do not collect three points. I said at the beginning of the season that Stenny were Lowland League play off candidates. Whilst that may have been harsh they have not looked a coherent team against us this season. It may not be beyond the realms of possibility that we play Jamieson in defensive midfield. He looked handy there in an earlier game this season. I too thought Morrison was excellent last week and would be loathe to change him. He really looked as if he blended with Grant naturally. My prediction is 2-0 Queens but you could double that if Stenny play Burns against McLean.

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I'm going into this one with low expectations. We've been thumped every time we've played Queen's Park this season and given each team's form, I think it'll be more of the same on Saturday.

I wasn't at the match against Stirling Albion but we seemed to acquit ourselves alright (albeit against a side that had lost their last six matches at home). Can we build on it at the weekend? Will Gary Harkins come back into the starting XI? Will Mark McGuigan maintain his position in attack?

I, for one, cannot wait to find out!

We are a much better team with Ryan Blair in the middle, so safe to say, assuming he is fit, Harkins will have to make do with a place on the bench. 

We did ok on Tuesday, particularly after Saturday's calamity, so a modicum of confidence about this match. Not convinced about Spence up top but he is Irons' signing so doesn't matter how badly he plays, McGuigan will always be first substitution (assuming he is selected!). 

Comfortable win for us on Saturday. Irons will have Uncle Ray's number.

As I'm in hospitality thou I won't care either way as I will barely be able to see.

3-1Warriors. Spence x2, mcguigan header a late Harkins goal from the bench to seal a good day.

6 hours ago, Vimto90 said:

As I'm in hospitality thou I won't care either way as I will barely be able to see.

3-1Warriors. Spence x2, mcguigan header a late Harkins goal from the bench to seal a good day.

Looking forward to seeing a goal scored from the bench. I feel sure Wullie Muir will have it covered. 😂

I hope you get well soon.

I also hope your prediction is horribly wrong.

12 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

In decent conditions it would be a comfortable Queen's win. Another wet and windy day ahead so Queen's battling conditions and Stenny. We've shown under Ray and Laurie that we are capable of digging in and battling for the points. Won't be easy, won't be pretty but 3-1 QP.

Shit, Ray wins Manager of the Month award, kiss of death, Stenny win😂

19 hours ago, Chester Desmond said:

1-1 in August, thanks to a 96th minute QP penalty.  Seem to remember thinking Stenny looked fairly decent in those heady early season days.  

My memory of that game is that they were pretty poor, we were all over them, but wouldn't have scored in a barrel of fannies until Smith's ridiculous injury time challenge on Moore.  

Stennie much better in the 2-1 but they didn't have the maestro called Mortimer in their team ( whatever happened to him eh )

19 hours ago, Chester Desmond said:

1-1 in August, thanks to a 96th minute QP penalty.  Seem to remember thinking Stenny looked fairly decent in those heady early season days.  QP's 2-1 victory at the start of the year was almost undoubtedly the worst performance by a winning team I've seen.  Stenny could think themselves pretty hard done-by that day, although both sides were grim.  So not all that much of a gap in those games, although obviously they were both pre-Haughey's millions.

We were played off the park that day and scored with our chance of the match. It would have been a travesty if Queen's Park hadn't taken something from it!

2 hours ago, The man with no name said:

In decent conditions it would be a comfortable Queen's win. Another wet and windy day ahead so Queen's battling conditions and Stenny. 

It's Scotland, it gets wet and windy quite a lot, and it's the exact same for both sides. The weather is also going to have zero impact on the condition of the pitch.

Edited by Mick1867

5 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

It's Scotland, it gets wet and windy quite a lot, and it's the exact same for both sides. The conditions are also going to have zero impact on the condition of the pitch.

Feels 7/8 degrees. 20 mph wind. 50% chance of rain. Good visibility. Artificial pitch.

Should be business as usual (2020 usual) for QP. 

2-0 win.

Edited by QPSpider1867

A game where If we really want to get into the top 4, this is the type of game where we need to pick up maximum points. Would say that Stenny have been the worst team I’ve seen this season but they’re much changed since our last encounter and you’ve always got to be wary of the likes of Spence and Mcguigan up top.

Would be Incredibly harsh not to keep Morrison at centre half but I’m not sure you should be keeping a player of Jamieson’s quality on the bench. Will be happy If either of them play as they both seem to have a great understanding with Grant who has really added that Mcgeever type leadership we’ve lacked since he left. With the likes of Slater and Maclean back playing, I’m confident we’ll get a result