Scotland v Israel

Smokerson

“I would like to reassure all Scotland fans who have purchased either tickets or hospitality packages for the match against Israel that those tickets will still be valid for the rescheduled fixture, when the date is confirmed. If supporters are unable to attend the rescheduled fixture then the face value of their tickets and packages will be refunded. Further information on tickets will be communicated to existing buyers in early course

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 19:28, Barney Rubble said:

The face value - but not the additional 'booking fees' incurred which are unavoidable due to the mechanism that the SFA choose to release tickets onto the market.

Have you ever got the reaction you were looking for when trying to get some support for your Booking Fee Outrage?

I think they've only really got two options.  They play the playoffs in Autumn for those that are in them, and shift the Nations League around to suit (even if that means sacking it off for one iteration), or they just shift things by a year and have it in the March window, like they would have this year.

But there's going to be problems all over the place with scheduling.  On the former, I'd imagine it's more likely the Nations League is canned purely to get the domestic seasons more bedded in, since a lot of countries look like they're still going to be recovering into late Summer/early Autumn.  But on the latter, it's even worse.  Proper qualifiers are now crammed into a very fixed schedule thanks to no friendlies and the Nations League.  No free slots, everyone plays all the time.  If the playoffs were in March, you have to move the qualifiers scheduled for then.  But we now already have Euro 2020 taking place over when we'd have Summer dates.  Given most of Europe participates in that, we're down at least one set of dates for most countries.

It's an absolute fucking mess, to be honest.  A lot of parties in football really need to be coming up with some innovative ways to do things in the next few months, but it seems like the general consensus is "well, it'll lift at some point, then we'll work it out".  Good luck wiith that.

Patch the Nations League, have a play-off for 3rd placed teams in the group stages and play the Euro 2021 play-offs this time next year.

That is the best way to do things international wise. The domestic leagues are total mess. I would like to see us just end the season as it is tbh. It'll cause a riot, but surely there is a way we can not have any relegations and extend the leagues as a one off? (talking about Scotland here). There is literally no easy option. I don't think there is a hope in hell of finishing the season before 20/21 was due to kick off. 

I thought I read in The Times that UEFA were thinking about having three international games in a week in September and October to free up space for the playoffs in November? FIFA will decide anyway as they run the international calendar.
They're going to have to add several dates for AFC, Conmebol and other regions WC quali at some point.

Guest DAVIDB69

I actually think if they get seasons finished between July and August, September will be used for loads of internationals and or Europe to be finished in September

Possible that this may become an important issue for upcoming internationals (From FIFA's Covid-19 document):

On 13 March 2020, the Bureau decided that the rules which normally oblige clubs to release players to association teams will not apply for international windows in March and April. The core decision was that:

(i)    Clubs are not obliged to release their registered players to association teams.

(ii)    If a club agrees to release a registered player to an association team, the player may decline the call-up.

(iii)   Any such decisions shall not be subject to disciplinary measures.

(iv)  If a player is unable to resume duty with their club by the relevant deadline due to COVID-19, the association and/or the player shall not be subject to any future restrictions or disciplinary measures.

On 6 April 2020, the same decision was rendered by the Bureau regarding the next international window in June 2020 (1-9 June 2020, men’s international match calendar – 1-10 June 2020, women’s international match calendar).

I don't think we'll see a complete u-turn of this policy in time for the next internationals (whenever they will be).