Scotland v Israel

Smokerson

In the event of this game being cancelled, the only responsible thing for UEFA to do is dispense with the playoffs entirely and have the highest remaining competitor from each Nations League group to automatically advance to the finals.

15 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

100000 in the uk got swine flu 11 years ago nothing was cancelled .

15 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Swine flu was just flu as is covid 19.

Two posts that perfectly demonstrate the level of intellect in this section of the forum.

UEFA really need to come out and actually make a decision.  At the moment, I can kind of see why they want to let things ride, because every hour seems to be changing the picture.  But, having said that, every hour is changing the picture to make it look even fucking worse.  They should be canning the Euros immediately, which then alleviates the pressure on these games happening.  I think everyone involved, as long as the Euros does get cancelled, would just rather sack it all off and meet up again when everything looks a little better.

In the event of this game being cancelled, the only responsible thing for UEFA to do is dispense with the playoffs entirely and have the highest remaining competitor from each Nations League group to automatically advance to the finals.
Said this two pages ago, this will happen. Whether the Euros happens is another matter.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
3 hours ago, The Moonster said:
Two posts that perfectly demonstrate the level of intellect in this section of the forum.

It's a form of the flu mate as you well know

Oh I thought it was a joke.

Saying Covid-19 is just another form of flu is like saying a plane crash is just another form of landing.

2 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

To say that I said it's the same as any other flu is totally made up and misleading. That's like saying the common flu is the same as the infamous Spanish flu. Enjoy your few days out of school when they get closed.

18 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Swine flu was just flu as is covid 19.

"It's just flu" seems a fair representation of what you said. Perhaps when the schools reopen you could go back and educate yourself.

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
2 hours ago, GordonS said:
Oh I thought it was a joke.
Saying Covid-19 is just another form of flu is like saying a plane crash is just another form of landing.

No it's not.

What's your qualification in all this? Epidemiology? Virology? Public health? Or are you getting information from someone who is qualified in those fields?

I wouldn't have been too bothered, but the word "just" triggered me.

What's your qualification in all this? Epidemiology? Virology? Public health? Or are you getting information from someone who is qualified in those fields?

I wouldn't have been too bothered, but the word "just" triggered me.

Hindsight will determine this but heh ho please feel free to jump on the media driven wagon.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51858845?

9 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Hindsight will determine this but heh ho please feel free to jump on the media driven wagon.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51858845?

That's one case.  There's been other articles on BBC with people talking about feeling like death.  Everyone is going to be affected differently.  And even if everyone under 30 ends up just having a wee cough, they will most likely pass it on, perhaps to someone where it isn't "just a flu".

That's one case.  There's been other articles on BBC with people talking about feeling like death.  Everyone is going to be affected differently.  And even if everyone under 30 ends up just having a wee cough, they will most likely pass it on, perhaps to someone where it isn't "just a flu".
Nobody is denying this. But other considerations too, like mental health, suicide etc have to be taken into account. Like I say, hindsight will determine whether this is an overreaction

Nobody is denying this. But other considerations too, like mental health, suicide etc have to be taken into account. Like I say, hindsight will determine whether this is an overreaction

When all is said and done, if anyone uses the argument “only X people died, therefore it was an overreaction”, be sure to punch them in the face.