Scotland v Israel

Smokerson

Reminds me (a little) of the English dilemma of how could they shoehorn Scholes, Gerrard and Lampard into the same team. They wasted years trying but never succeeded in realising you can drop good players to make the team better.

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

There appears to be no sign of improvement at all under Clarke. He's miles out of his depth at this level. 

Surely, like a lot of managers, he is capable of seeing that the system wasn’t working and he had to change it mid match.

5 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

McGinm, Christie, McGregor and Forrest should have been more than able to support Dykes tonight. They didnt. Thats not his fault.

Exactly. The touches/passages of play that Dykes did have were promising. VT likes calling people 'cart horses' & 'sand dancers' though. Has no other patter.

People are seeing what they want to see re Dykes. I get the desire to pump up a player from the Scottish Premiership and then defend them, but if you're happy with that then you're watching a different sport to the one I'm watching.

In fairness, he was OK but was completely failed by the dreadful, confused team selection by Clarke. No urgency, no creativity, no clue. We need to improve big time on Monday or we are out of this group before I've even had a chance to boo the team in person.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

People are seeing what they want to see re Dykes. I get the desire to pump up a player from the Scottish Premiership and then defend them, but if you're happy with that then you're watching a different sport to the one I'm watching.

In fairness, he was OK but was completely failed by the dreadful, confused team selection by Clarke. No urgency, no creativity, no clue. We need to improve big time on Monday or we are out of this group before I've even had a chance to boo the team in person.

We're already out

Failing to beat the other diddy team in the group at home

Robertson has been anonymous in quite a few Scotland games now, I don’t think it has that much to do with the formation, which is hardly a million miles away from where he normally plays, but the lack of forward runners and options to actually cross to.

Edited by Jambomo

8 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

Exactly. The touches/passages of play that Dykes did have were promising. VT likes calling people 'cart horses' & 'sand dancers' though. Has no other patter.

The likes of James Forrest and Ryan Christie are the epitome of the 'sand dancer' type at international tournament qualifying level. It's not my fault that some people are daft enough to think that just having someone flicking the ball towards them all night is going to demolish the opposition and it's really not my fault that this terrible plan predictably failed.

Edited by vikingTON

1 minute ago, ArabFC said:

McFadden saying it wasn't the formation. Before the game they were saying they could see Tierney overlapping Robertson down the wing 🤣

Mentalists!

The way they are talking up Israel you would think they were a force.

They were well set up yes, as they were last time out, and as they will be next month. The way to beat that is to play with pace and / or play short sharp passes in front and in behind yet we tried neither.

Really infuriating, however I shall now go have a beer and enjoy a free pie that the SFA sent me.

2 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Robertson has been anonymous in quite a few Scotland games now, I don’t think it has that much to do with the formation, which is hardly a million miles away from where he normally plays, but the lack of forward runners and options to actually cross to.

You're right. Robertson needs players that make runs. 

Hello, Stuart Armstrong!!!

4 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

That’s possibly one of the worst shouts on this forum m9, well done.

He can play CB in a 3. He's technically very good. He's a good defender. He's good going forward. Tell me exactly why he couldn't play there, in the same way that Mulgrew, who is an inferior player, excelled there whilst being provisionally a left back / CB?