Scotland v Israel

Smokerson

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Isn't the job of a centre forward for a team playing at home to mediocre opponents you need to be beating to, erm, score some goals? It's absolutely baffling to me that Scotland fans are not only talking themselves into having the luxury of someone playing the 'Giroud role' up front for all the world-class supporting players to score the goals for them but are also talking up a total carthorse like Lyndon fucking Dykes as the player to do that job. 

McGinm, Christie, McGregor and Forrest should have been more than able to support Dykes tonight. They didnt. Thats not his fault.

Absolutely incredible that that formation lasted the 90 minutes. Levein-in-Prague levels of stubbornness.

Zero signs of improvement under Clarke so far. At least McLeish gave us one or two exciting attacking performances.

1 minute ago, bernardblack said:

Play Robertson or Tierney.

It’s a big decision to make but it needs to be made.

Or Tierney at centre back or right back in a 4.

Literally anything other sacrifice the entire team just to shoehorn him and Robertson onto the left side.

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

Isn't the job of a centre forward for a team playing at home to mediocre opponents you need to be beating to, erm, score some goals? It's absolutely baffling to me that Scotland fans are not only talking themselves into having the luxury of someone playing the 'Giroud role' up front for all the world-class supporting players to score the goals for them but are also talking up a total carthorse like Lyndon fucking Dykes as the player to do that job. 

Well that’s a lonely interpretation of tonight’s problems.

If he wants to shoehorn Tierney and Robertson into the same team he should look at what Strachan did with Mulgrew and play him (Tierney) as a CDM, I suspect he'd be very good there and would give us much more drive than Jack who I thought was terrible - slowed the game and lacked any courage to try a pass other than backwards. 3 at the back so obviously negates all our best players' strengths

Just repeating what most are saying, but that was absolutely honking.

Way off the boil and no urgency, creativity or dare I say skill even? Too many overcooked or cheaply given away balls.

Positives

Dykes did well. He had a very tough job, but his hold up play, movement, wee flick ons and touches were good. A clever player and in a better side, he might have had some support or been able to get a shot on goal. He's shown more in that 70 minutes than McBurnie has in his 9 caps.

Tierney was good .The formation, system, didn't work to fit them both in ; but I thought he played well. Composed, clever, rarely gave the ball away.

McGregor and Forrest were pish. Christie was at least trying to make things happen, albeit 7/10 nothing happened/tackled or gave it away ; but he gets a pass at least creating and scoring that penalty.

McTominay playing there. WTF. Burke is a terrible footballer. He runs and tries, but he's shite. Did he find a blue shirt in his 15 minutes on the park?

The only positive I can find is that hopefully it lurs Israel in to a false sense of entitlement for next month. Even if we do shit, a 2-1 winner then ; we are going to struggle to beat Norway or Serbia.

Edited by Kejan

Just now, Jacky1990 said:

McGinm, Christie, McGregor and Forrest should have been more than able to support Dykes tonight. They didnt. Thats not his fault.

Well no because those options are not even remotely good enough to build an international level attack around in the absence of a credible striker. If Scotland think that they just need a carthorse to hold the ball up and do nothing in the opposition box then they'll score under a goal per game once you take out the bottom seed pub teams.

Guest bernardblack
If he wants to shoehorn Tierney and Robertson into the same team he should look at what Strachan did with Mulgrew and play him (Tierney) as a CDM, I suspect he'd be very good there and would give us much more drive than Jack who I thought was terrible - slowed the game and lacked any courage to try a pass other than backwards. 3 at the back so obviously negates all our best players' strengths

Tierney in the middle of the park?

Come on now.