Scotland v Israel

Smokerson

A McLeish performance and a worse than McLeish result.
People have said that Scotland need to pick a system and stick with it. Clarke had a system which we'd been winning with and he chose to tear it up tonight for no apparent reason, making us poorer in every area of the park. An insane decision leading to a completely unacceptable result.

Oh there was an apparent reason, it was to shoe horn Tierney and Robertson into the starting 11, when there was no need to.

Either play Tierney at Right back if you really feel they both need to play, or drop one of them. Like you say no need to rip up your whole formation and start again for them.

1 minute ago, tintax said:

It’s an absolute disgrace. Clarke clearly isn’t the man. I’m fed up of some nostalgic killie fans saying he’s not negative. We played against a shite Israel side and had 1 shot on target and that was from a penalty that was soft. 

16 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Don't be daft, there's nobody to play off him otherwise maybe we'd have some chance of looking threatening.

It's not daft, it's brutally honest. Popping the ball off back to where it come isn't "great hold up play". There was no attacking intent from him, just simple passes. He done one very well first half and the rest was poor, I'd genuinely expect a half decent junior striker to play as well as he did tonight. 

That was a disastrous experiment to shoehorn Tierney and Robertson into the same team.

The result? Players all over the park out of position.

Sadly the experiment may be here to stay!

Whats bizarre is Clarke had us set up well before the big break - a 4231 with McGinn supporting the striker.

Edited by ArabFC

Clarke is a complete fucking idiot. Team selection designed to try and stop Tierney packing it in. Four central midfielders standing on top of each other.

That should have been the easiest game in what is a gift of a draw. I'm trying not to exaggerate but that was a truly pathetic performance. 

Edited by Marshmallo

Dykes did his job well and Christie took a beautiful penalty, but not one of the rest get pass marks.

Zero creativity from what should be a talented bunch of players - 

McGregor - anonymous.

Robertson - confused/disinterested.

Forrest - awful.

Burke - ?   I don't know how he keeps getting a game?

Jack didn't make on forward pass, which is fine if everyone else is looking to go forward at every opportunity and his role is the recycler, but we had 9 ball recyclers out there. 

But we looked frightened to take a chance. We looked scared to drive forward.

Israel, on the other hand, looked full of energy, drive and creativity, if a bit ropey at times.

3 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Oh there was an apparent reason, it was to shoe horn Tierney and Robertson into the starting 11, when there was no need to.

Either play Tierney at Right back if you really feel they both need to play, or drop one of them. Like you say no need to rip up your whole formation and start again for them.

I think that was the reason for the formation change also. Didn't work out at all well.

The 4231 has been going fine for us recently. Tonight was really awful. Clarke needs time, but he needs to bin that formation and selection.

Just came on to say that was abysmal - but I see everyone has already noticed that.

Now can we stop saying that we're fine for midfielders. Dreadful, the lot of them.  Just keep on playing 5-yard passes to the next guy and hope that he does something.

1 minute ago, superkillieaway said:

Dont remember Killie ever having as much a lethargy about them as this team does under Clarke.

Most of our 'top' players have shown time and time again they don't give a shit.

I think, I hope, tonights tactics are about making Israel second guess how we play in the 'important' match.