Scotland v Israel

Smokerson

6 minutes ago, David W said:

Quite rightly as well. The Scottish national team need to pick an identity and stick with it, rather than changing from game to game. They've played this system 45 minutes and people want it changed already.

The formation isn't an issue. Indeed, I can't remember many games recently where Scotland have looked so comfortable defending when they lose the ball. However, the personnel aren't quite right; McGregor and Jack doesn't work as a pairing in this sort of game. Christie is the only player who plays on the half turn. This team is crying out for Armstrong, and a player with real pace.

I couldn't disagree more - our entire right side don't have a clue what they're supposed to be doing when Israel are in possession and a better team would have punished us far more with the amount of space they've had.

We absolutely should be finding a system and sticking with it, but that doesn't mean we should persist with a wild, illogical experiment that puts several players in unfamiliar roles.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He’s really, really defensive in his set up. Pure shite.

It was always the worry when he got the job.

Our issue has always been beating nations similar or worse, so hiring a manager who excels defensively, and causing shocks against better clubs, wasn't the best idea.

Had to hire a Scotsman though...

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

I couldn't disagree more - our entire right side don't have a clue what they're supposed to be doing when Israel are in possession and a better team would have punished us far more with the amount of space they've had.

We absolutely should be finding a system and sticking with it, but that doesn't mean we should persist with a wild, illogical experiment that puts several players in unfamiliar roles.

The manager isn’t good enough. 

I thought we had seen the last of the ultimate “Guiser” Olly Burke but seemingly not.............cant hold down a place anywhere he goes and yet he continually features for Scotland???

He’s rubbish... but he’s good enough to be in this Scotland team.

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Terrific link up and strike but that is spectator like defending from Scotland.

No surprises there when 2 of the 3 "centre backs" aren't centre backs. But zero cover from the midfield as well. I think it was Jack that Zahavi just strolled past. Then McTominay is sleeping, although he can hardly be blamed for Clarke's mental tactics.