Scotland v Israel

Smokerson

On 07/03/2020 at 17:57, Dunfermline Don said:

Still waiting on mine. Ordered them on the 6th Feb. Taking my son to his first Scotland game.
Awful feeling the game will end up being behind closed doors or called off. Knowing my luck!

aye,was thinking that myself

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The matchday squad has to be 23, but you can name more than that in the actual squad. I think there are normally about 26. I'd expect Burke to be in there if he recovers from the mumps in time. Maybe Taylor and another wide player too.

Burke played for Alaves yesterday so I'd say he's recovered

Starting 11 for Euro 2020 Playoffs:

griffiths 

mcginn                 

armstrong                                       fraser

gilmour   mctominay

robertson (c)    Cooper       Hanley      tierney

marshall

subs : gordon

naismith

forrest

Findlay

Gallagher

mcgregor

taylor

Odonnell

mcburnie/fletcher (preferably fletcher) 

Christie

Palmer

Jack

Fleck

Edited by greenockraver

37 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Bit more press speculation today that Israel will request a postponement.

Surely that creates more problems than it solves for UEFA?  If we're postponing playoff games with 3 months to go, given how things are going then there must be bigger worries about the tournament itself?

I think it'll end up being behind closed doors, to be honest.  Which'll be shite.

3 minutes ago, forameus said:

Surely that creates more problems than it solves for UEFA?  If we're postponing playoff games with 3 months to go, given how things are going then there must be bigger worries about the tournament itself?

I think it'll end up being behind closed doors, to be honest.  Which'll be shite.

I suspect there's a growing sense that everything will be cancelled.

In Israel's case they are struggling to put squad and management together, with various actors in self-isolation.

25 minutes ago, George Parr said:

I suspect there's a growing sense that everything will be cancelled.

In Israel's case they are struggling to put squad and management together, with various actors in self-isolation.

Forfeit then, simple.

But of course not that simple.  I guess if a side couldn't even raise a team, it would usually be a forfeit, but these are hardly the circumstances that really point to that.  But then if they have any designs on having the Euros (which I assume they will) then postponing the game opens up whole new headaches.

A total mess really.

The ideal scenario in terms of qualification is that we can beat Israel at a full Hampden but then the final is played behind closed doors. Obviously a bit shit for those who have booked for the final, but I'm sure they'd get over it if it helps us qualify.

I really can't see it being postponed. Almost zero chance of that happening. The final is a different scenario. I think they should just let both finalists go through, therefore saving potential spreads of coronavirus by travel. Everyone's a winner. 

Looking increasingly likely that all games in the UK will be behind closed doors by the time the game comes around. The thought of a full Euros behind closed doors sounds absolutely shite. Was watching the Juve Inter game last night and it was like watching a bounce game, felt like it completely sucked all the importance out of it when there was no one there. 

Edited by Fratelli

1 minute ago, Fratelli said:

Looking increasingly likely that all games in the UK will be behind closed doors by the time the game comes around. The thought of a full Euros behind closed doors sounds absolutely shite. Was watching the Juve Inter game last night and it was like watching a bounce game, felt like it completely sucked all the importance out of it when there was no one there. 

I'm used to watching football at an empty ground but seeing it on the telly in a game of that magnitude was just soul destroying. Lasted half an hour before switching to Real Betis v Real Madrid. 

3 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

What makes you say it's "looking increasingly likely"? The government are basically suggesting exactly the opposite.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/51777154

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

What makes you say it's "looking increasingly likely"? The government are basically suggesting exactly the opposite.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/51777154

Ah i hadn't seen that, but that's promising.  A premier league chairman was saying last week they'd been briefed that 2 rounds of games behind closed doors was likely by mid-March time, but i suppose that'll just be preparing for the absolute worst.