Scotland v Israel

Smokerson

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I said a few months ago that we should call him up and nothing has changed my mind since then. I don't think he should be starting or anything like that, but he's an absolute pest to play against and has physical attributes that none of our other forwards have.

If we're chasing a game I'd much rather be bringing him on than Johnny Russell or, as much as I love him, Eamonn Brophy.

I can't remember the last time we brought a forward on and he looked anything other than lost.  Granted it was usually Chris Martin, but I'd be fully supportive of sending someone on just to be an absolute wrecking ball.  Maybe even better if we can bring him on to protect a lead and defend from the front.

Can Greg Taylor play right-back? Kieran Tierney can either play there or at left centre-back.

I’d rather try and fudge them in because our other options are pretty fucking woeful.

Can Greg Taylor play right-back? Kieran Tierney can either play there or at left centre-back.

I’d rather try and fudge them in because our other options are pretty fucking woeful.
Taylor played a few games at right back for us, but O'Donnell is much better there than he is.

Well here it is lads, the educated squad selection, assuming everyone is fit except McKenna.

Marshall, Kelly, Gordon

Palmer, O'Donnell, Robertson, Tierney, Cooper, Hanley, Gallagher, FIndlay

McTominay, McGinn, McGregor, Gilmour, Fleck, Armstrong, Christie, Forrest, Fraser

McBurnie, Griffiths, Naismith

15 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Well here it is lads, the educated squad selection, assuming everyone is fit except McKenna.

Marshall, Kelly, Gordon

McTominay, McGinn, McGregor, Gilmour, Fleck, Armstrong, Christie, Forrest, Fraser

Seems pretty on point apart from the perma-crocked Tierney will be replaced by Taylor of Celtic.

Not to sure about Hanley but who else is knocking on the door at the moment at that position?  

Marshall, Kelly, Gordon

Can’t disagree with much of that although I’d have McLaughlin in for Gordon.

Marshall, Kelly, Gordon

Yep, all looks good. I imagine Burke will be in there too.

Just now, BingMcCrosby said:

That's definitely not going to happen 

Why not? That's essentially where he has been playing for Southampton. We play a 4-3-3 and it would allow us to get the best out of Robertson going forward. Clarke used McKenzie there for Killie a lot of the time.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Clarke has already played him there, so that's quite a bold statement.

Folk just see "midfielder" and think he has to stand in the centre circle. Nuance in this part of the forum in particular is completely lacking.

49 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Marshall, Kelly, Gordon

The matchday squad has to be 23, but you can name more than that in the actual squad. I think there are normally about 26. I'd expect Burke to be in there if he recovers from the mumps in time. Maybe Taylor and another wide player too.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

The matchday squad has to be 23, but you can name more than that in the actual squad. I think there are normally about 26. I'd expect Burke to be in there if he recovers from the mumps in time. Maybe Taylor and another wide player too.

In that case let's go with Bates, Shonklund and Andy Considine to appease the Teuchter moon men on here.

Edited by Marshmallo

13 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Why not? That's essentially where he has been playing for Southampton. We play a 4-3-3 and it would allow us to get the best out of Robertson going forward. Clarke used McKenzie there for Killie a lot of the time.

Whenever I've seen him recently he's been on the right. 

So I'd be surprised if he's in ahead of Fraser. Or even forrest who he has played on the left.

I stick with my, not going to happen