Scotland v Israel

Smokerson

5 minutes ago, come on shire said:

This is a lazy stereotype.

I've only missed 1 Scotland rugby game since 2012 and I don't vote Tory.

Focus more on supporting the Scotland football team instead of making these sweeping statements then that's a grassroot of you getting back to a finals tournament since 1998 perhaps? 😉

Don’t waste your time on that dick. Doesn’t have a clue.

4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Ah, back-tracking on your sweeping generalisation. At least use the quote function or tag me you toothless fucking coward. 

You're clearly too thick to comprehend English if you that was in any way 'back-tracking'. 

9 minutes ago, virginton said:

You're clearly too thick to comprehend English if you that was in any way 'back-tracking'. 

You made a sweeping (and clueless)  generalisation defining “the job of a centre forward” then scuttled back to solely referencing my big mate Lyndon in your next post.
Your backtracking posts are right there as well. Deary me. Off you pop.

19 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

You made a sweeping (and clueless)  generalisation defining “the job of a centre forward” then scuttled back to solely referencing my big mate Lyndon in your next post.
Your backtracking posts are right there as well. Deary me. Off you pop.

No I didn't. You came onto the thread blubbering some utter nonsense about how 'predictable' it would be if all centre forwards tried to, erm, make space for themselves by pulling off from their marker, despite the fact that this is what literally every good striker does throughout their entire careers.  I then contrasted this with the results of the 'other' type of centre forward play of your big mate Dykes, which yielded the grand total of zero goals, zero assists and zero decent goalscoring chances against a bunch of no-hopers.

A typically gormless, thick intervention smacked down with aplomb then. Better luck next time you shitflinging imbecile.

IMG_3095.jpg.c4e03459196c46528c71353f0592ad09.jpg

8 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

That's a few performances against Israel recently where we've been roughly on par. Anyone still determined we're much better and should be scudding them? Is it still the manager's fault?

7 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Yes. Look at the clubs our players play for and compare it to their squad.

Its not quite as simple as that tho, or every match would be very easy to predict.

In terms of forwards they are much better than us unfortunately.

Do we have a winger as good as Solomon? No

Do we have a forward as good as either Zahavi or Dabbur? No

4 hours ago, virginton said:

No I didn't. You came onto the thread blubbering some utter nonsense about how 'predictable' it would be if all centre forwards tried to, erm, make space for themselves by pulling off from their marker, despite the fact that this is what literally every good striker does throughout their entire careers.  I then contrasted this with the results of the 'other' type of centre forward play of your big mate Dykes, which yielded the grand total of zero goals, zero assists and zero decent goalscoring chances against a bunch of no-hopers.

A typically gormless, thick intervention smacked down with aplomb then. Better luck next time you shitflinging imbecile.

IMG_3095.jpg.c4e03459196c46528c71353f0592ad09.jpg

Got as far as the “pulling off from their marker” bit and stopped reading since

4 hours ago, virginton said:

You're clearly too thick to comprehend English

and just because you were wrong in the first place when you said:

8 hours ago, virginton said:

The job of a centre forward isn't to stand passively like a lamp post, play balls back to another man and then 'wait for decent service'. They're supposed to help create that service by making space for themselves through breaking from their marker and therefore receive passes in promising attacking positions.

In actual fact there are many scenarios where a centre forward isn’t expected to break free from their marker at all, but will be tasked with, or actively seek to get marked themselves. You could almost say the centre forward is the one doing the marking in some cases, and all for the sole reason of occupying the defender(s).

If you wish to go into the specific how’s and why’s we can, but I’m not sure it’ll be worth it as you’ll; 

A - Look a right helmet after your slavering sign-off and premature Ainsley,

and

B -  Still be wrong. 

Edited by 8MileBU

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I may be wrong, but i get a certain vibe coming from his posts, that he's no a fan of Dykes.

There’s not being a fan and then there’s just being a clueless c**t that doesn’t know what he’s talking about. In fairness, years of following Morton serving little purpose other than making up the numbers will do that to you.