Scotland v Israel

Smokerson

5 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I don't mean to be pedantic* but that train can't get to Scotland. Not unless they convert the hovercraft by adding rails. 

*i do

Ok to resubmit with Portillo on the Eurostar ?

portilloEurostar.jpg.c04249c794ed2176985a82547d7343ce.jpg

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The ELO rankings have Scotland at 51, and Israel at 70, which seems better than the farcical world rankings.

Always a few eyebrows raised when perusing the FIFA ones. Curaçao up at 80th stuck out this time. I've barely heard of them which, of course, says more about my ignorance than their status.

Thank f**k we won't be playing them any time soon.

32 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Yes, I know, that's the usual response. It doesn't take into account that most of us know hee-haw about the bulk of Israel's players. The next step is usually, "well, they'd be playing at the top European clubs if they were any good," which completely ignores where the bulk of our squad ply their trade.

I'd imagine that over on Israel's Pie & Bovril, there won't be much fear of anything we have. Quite rightly, as it turns out.

Hummus and Genocide.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Hummus and Genocide.

There's a GIF of the Red Dwarf cast being asked an uncomfortable question at a convention, and all immediately running away or hiding under the table.

If anyone knows the one I mean, could you post it here please? Thx.

40 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Yes, I know, that's the usual response. It doesn't take into account that most of us know hee-haw about the bulk of Israel's players. The next step is usually, "well, they'd be playing at the top European clubs if they were any good," which completely ignores where the bulk of our squad ply their trade.

I'd imagine that over on Israel's Pie & Bovril, there won't be much fear of anything we have. Quite rightly, as it turns out.

Ignore the facts fairdoos

We have much more playing at a higher level

5 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Really? What did you expect him to do with zero balls of any quality into the box. He won pretty much everything that he challenged for and found a man almost every single time...until the rest of the team up their game and help get decent balls into the box then you could play lewandowski up front and we'd still have the issues

The job of a centre forward isn't to stand passively like a lamp post, play balls back to another man and then 'wait for decent service'. They're supposed to help create that service by making space for themselves through breaking from their marker and therefore receive passes in promising attacking positions. What great, defence-splitting runs of Dykes were ignored by the midfield last night? Israel would be quite happy to trade losing the majority of aerial challenges forty yards from their own box for marking some 'targetman' carthorse out of game completely in the final third where it counts, every single day of the week. 

Edited by vikingTON

45 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

There's a GIF of the Red Dwarf cast being asked an uncomfortable question at a convention, and all immediately running away or hiding under the table.

If anyone knows the one I mean, could you post it here please? Thx.

Seconded

I may have to whisper it but sign me up to the Ryan Jack fan club. Does the basics right and doesn't waste possession. I don't see the need for him and McGregor in the team, and he edges it for me.

Dykes done well considering, I just hope we aren't going back to the Kenny Miller days of pumping aimless high balls up the park.

With the creative talent we have in the squad, we should have had more than 2 efforts on target.

3 hours ago, virginton said:

The job of a centre forward isn't to stand passively like a lamp post, play balls back to another man and then 'wait for decent service'. They're supposed to help create that service by making space for themselves through breaking from their marker and therefore receive passes in promising attacking positions. What great, defence-splitting runs of Dykes were ignored by the midfield last night? Israel would be quite happy to trade losing the majority of aerial challenges forty yards from their own box for marking some 'targetman' carthorse out of game completely in the final third where it counts, every single day of the week. 

Well there you have it. The one and only way a centre forward plays. Glad that’s been cleared up. With such a predictable skill-set it makes you wonder how some centre forwards still manage to set up or score goals these days...

Spoiler

Clueless twat.

9 hours ago, Junior Pub League said:

I've never met anyone who plays or watches the public school borefest that is Rugby who isnt a massive tory c**t.

This is a lazy stereotype.

I've only missed 1 Scotland rugby game since 2012 and I don't vote Tory.

Focus more on supporting the Scotland football team instead of making these sweeping statements then that's a grassroot of you getting back to a finals tournament since 1998 perhaps? 😉

16 minutes ago, virginton said:

How many goals did your big mate Dykes score or set up against some muppet outfit at home last night instead?

The shite-flinging imbecile never disappoints.

Ah, back-tracking on your sweeping generalisation. At least use the quote function or tag me you toothless fucking coward. 

Edited by 8MileBU