Scotland v Israel

Smokerson

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyway, do these fuckers need a psychologist? There is definitely a mental issue when Scotland play. All the confidence and energy goes and players hide and look nervous and are afraid to do things they might usually do.

And there isn’t anyone even watching.  I think it’s just that they’re just that shit to begin with.

Well no because those options are not even remotely good enough to build an international level attack around in the absence of a credible striker. If Scotland think that they just need a carthorse to hold the ball up and do nothing in the opposition box then they'll score under a goal per game once you take out the bottom seed pub teams.

Really? What did you expect him to do with zero balls of any quality into the box. He won pretty much everything that he challenged for and found a man almost every single time...until the rest of the team up their game and help get decent balls into the box then you could play lewandowski up front and we'd still have the issues

WyScout have Scotlands, non-penalty, xG at 0.27. Israel at 0.55.

Lowest home xG I can find and I've gone back to 2016. 0.4 against Belgium the 2nd lowest.

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I have no idea what any of that means.

It helps prove we created less chances yesterday than in any other home game over the past 5 years.

Better gauge of attacking quality than simply looking at the amount of shots.

When full backs move into more advanced roles they rarely perform - instead of having everything in front of them, acres of room, plenty of time they start receiving the ball with “back to goal” and are obliged to try and take men on. Full back is by far the easiest position and while Andy Robertson is an excellent FB in a conventional back four he is “lost” as a wide midfielder. Best solution is probably to revert to a Back 4 and play Tierney as a left CB alongside AN OTHER. It is probably all academic as we are bereft of the quality that we need in the wider squad and the lack of creativity is there for all to see.

Literally just found out this game was on. Have I been out of the loop more than usual lately, or was this game particularly badly advertised?

Edit: just reading through. I take it the game went well?

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

1 hour ago, Junior Pub League said:

I've never met anyone who plays or watches the public school borefest that is Rugby who isnt a massive tory c**t.

I’m pro-Indy and I go to Murrayfield now and then. Great day out. I went to a shitty high school and I’ve never voted Tory.