Scotland v Israel

Smokerson

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

He played 2453 in total in all competitions despite being out with a knee injury for 2 months.

Your 424 minutes is totally wrong - he played 1771 in the league, as you actually said above, which is 66 minutes per appearance. If he hadn't been injured he would no doubt have made it over that 2000 mark in the league.

As a comparison, when Darren Fletcher was a similar age back in 2007/08 he played 643 minutes in the league and 1191 in all competitions. He also missed a similar amount of time through injury that year.

Actually I take it back you're totally right.  Still a dick though.

He isn't eligible for the U21 squad anymore. I think you have to be 21 or younger at the start of a quali campaign (or something like that) to get in the squad. He was 23.

I don’t think that’s right, especially with the lockdown/furlough affecting it.

I'll usually err on the side of defending players, but that does not look good for McBurnie.  Of course Sheffield United could well be stepping in with a big club-issue blade to his back and strongly advise him not to turn up, but I like to think players will only go along with that if they could never really be arsed in the first place.  It's a shame, because flashes of the frustration he showed in the likes of the Russia game and noises in the media suggested that he really wanted to make it work, but crying off from the squad and then playing for your club a day or so later...that's not great.

1 hour ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Mcburnie knows he can pick and choose his games as our up front situation is so dire

And the disappointing part is, he's right.  If we're going into a super-important playoff, it's not as if we're swimming in alternative options.

1 hour ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Should Scotland play the five day rule card through this, they should but they won’t .

The 5 day rule

He's playing even before the game he's pulled out for cause he was injured

He should simply never be called up again

International career over before it ever really began, his choice

Btw

He's hopeless as a lone front man

Can't hold the ball up, can't link the play, immobile

He looked hopeless in the role we play

He's a beenpole poacher, a decent one, with sheff u playing two up and the non goalscoring mcgoldrick doing all the hard work

This is hopefully a godsend and allow dykes, who looks will fit our system, to bed in before the big game in Oct

Edited by Binos

Does anyone know if it's possible to get this game on the Amazon firestick? 

Edit - not asking for a streaming site in case this aggrieves the mods - just in case there's a way to get a PPV or something.

Edited by Estragon

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

What is 5 day rule?

If you don't play for international team due to injury

But then look set to turn out for league team within 5 days of fixture

International team can get uefa to ban you from turning out for your club

N irn did it with Lafferty

I don’t think that’s right, especially with the lockdown/furlough affecting it.
I'm confused. Do you think he's still eligible for the u21s?

Players are eligible to play in the competition if they were born on or after 1 January 1998.

Jack Harper (born 28 February 1996)