Scotland v Israel

Smokerson

These rules were drawn up mainly to prevent players from being "forced" to travel to unsafe countries and to generally discourage international matches to be played during that period.

I would say that there is almost no chance that we are going to be asked to play the play-offs under that set of rules. Everyone will be available.

These rules were drawn up mainly to prevent players from being "forced" to travel to unsafe countries and to generally discourage international matches to be played during that period.

I would say that there is almost no chance that we are going to be asked to play the play-offs under that set of rules. Everyone will be available.
Not saying it will definitely be an issue, just a possibility.
With many leagues still wanting to finish the 2019/20 season and squeeze in the 2020/21 season before the Euro's, fitting several more international fixtures in will be a nightmare.

it would make sense for most nations to keep borders closed for a number of months after they end their lock downs so I cannot see any international football being played in 2020, even if mass gatherings are allowed. 

We could of course play England , Wales or Northern Ireland should that be the case.

The play off will most probably be in March 2021.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, chocolateankles said:

No chance of any fans being allowed in if it is played this year or if there is then it will be serverely limited

Agree. Football resumed in Hungary at the weekend with every second row closed and only every fourth seat of the others available.

Lots of refunds for Hampden will be forthcoming unless the game is delayed until the New Year.

Should they be allowed to admit a certain figure it would still require seats to be reallocated which would be a nightmare for the SFA.

It's not just UEFA, other international games will have to be played at some point too. Asian, South American & African WC quali is mess just now. They may decide to change some of their formats if they're forced but the triple header approach seems to be getting the most attention just now (presumably for financial reasons).
I reckon we'll have some international football by November at the very latest. Assuming no significant second wave of course.

Guest DAVIDB69

Seems we will get a date for it on June 17th or 18th also nations league .

Still think they might play it early September instead of the nations league fixture

I reckon it'll be November.

Although they may not all be at the same time, of the nations in out playoff path:

Scotland: No Deaths for two days,  126 deaths in last two weeks, 483 new confirmed cases in the last two weeks.

image.png.c8075bc5869a1985bba4019cfa211231.png

Israel: no deaths for two days, 7 deaths in last two weeks, 2632 active cases, seeing a rise in number of cases.

image.thumb.png.81266da55ea39d83469695aea28a48aa.png

image.thumb.png.4ce25796851eb3e9fd74cfa90b3bbba1.png
Norway: 4 deaths last two weeks (Lockdown Lifted) - 184 active cases
image.thumb.png.f4bf526b35eff2e2962dc2ba711b3135.png
Serbia: 11 deaths last two weeks. 289 Active Cases. Govt. probably lying about official figures.

image.thumb.png.eac851dc23ecb95325b3020cdd1a4f32.png

I reckon it'll be November.
Although they may not all be at the same time, of the nations in out playoff path:

Scotland: No Deaths for two days,  126 deaths in last two weeks, 483 new confirmed cases in the last two weeks.
image.png.c8075bc5869a1985bba4019cfa211231.png

Israel: no deaths for two days, 7 deaths in last two weeks, 2632 active cases, seeing a rise in number of cases.
image.thumb.png.81266da55ea39d83469695aea28a48aa.png
image.thumb.png.4ce25796851eb3e9fd74cfa90b3bbba1.png
Norway: 4 deaths last two weeks (Lockdown Lifted) - 184 active cases
image.thumb.png.f4bf526b35eff2e2962dc2ba711b3135.png
Serbia: 11 deaths last two weeks. 289 Active Cases. Govt. probably lying about official figures.
image.thumb.png.eac851dc23ecb95325b3020cdd1a4f32.png
Interesting that you have Serbia as the possible liars from these 4 countries.

10 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Interesting that you have Serbia as the possible liars from these 4 countries.

Was just about to say that, it's hilarious when British people point to other countries not being truthful about figures when our own government quite literally lie to us on TV every day about our own figures.

• 2 months later...

Squad announcement this week? 18 days till the (Nations League) game.

Edit: Looking at the last squad, Naismith might be out of the squad for good now. 33 years old forward and playing in the 2nd division. Surely not.

Dykes is a possible replacement for him but as far as I'm aware there's no news yet on if he'd accept a call up.

Tierney hopefully to come in for someone. Think I'd drop Taylor but O'Donnell may be the one to go.

Naismith might be out of the squad for good now. 33 years old forward and NOT playing in the 2nd division.

FTFY[emoji16]
I could see Naismith still being in just because we're so short of options.
Can't believe we're nearing these games already. What a shitshow of a summer this has been.

14 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

FTFYemoji16.png
Can't believe we're nearing these games already. What a shitshow of a summer this has been.

If we're playing a forty year old albino with no competitive football under his belt for the last seven months the games a bogey

FTFY[emoji16]
Forgot about that! He'll likely be twiddling his thumbs till October then.
Look to the future and think of the positives. 3 games against Israel in the space of 3 months.

30 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

I had actually forgotten about them. Who do we even have striker wise? 

McBurnie - pish.

Griffiths - What's the script with him anyway?

Naismith - Not kicked a ball in ages.

Shankland - Injured?

Fletcher? Martin? 

Not exactly encouraging, but then again I've probably missed loads of guys out because I haven't exactly been arsed about football or paid much attention for a while.

I had actually forgotten about them. Who do we even have striker wise? 

McBurnie - pish.

Griffiths - What's the script with him anyway?

Naismith - Not kicked a ball in ages.

Shankland - Injured?

Fletcher? Martin? 

Not exactly encouraging, but then again I've probably missed loads of guys out because I haven't exactly been arsed about football or paid much attention for a while.

Oli Burke too. f**k knows what'll happen with him now.

From a quick google Trabzonspor's new manager is a former West Brom manager and they might have interest. For some reason Celtic are linked with him again too.

18 minutes ago, charger29 said:

Oli Burke too. f**k knows what'll happen with him now.

From a quick google Trabzonspor's new manager is a former West Brom manager and they might have interest. For some reason Celtic are linked with him again too.

I actually like him. Runs about like Kramer on gear without really knowing what's going on but there's something about him I like but can't put my finger on. 

Mentioned it in the sellik thread earlier but surely there's a manager out there who knows what to do with him? Guy is a machine. 

A broken one, but a machine nonetheless.