Scotland v Israel

Smokerson

22 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

This game won't go ahead, nor will the final. As Scotland is seeded 1 out of said 4 and some games are at Hampden.. I'd fully expect Uefa to make the decision that Scotland take the Euro place. Unfortunately it's possible that the Euros themselves will not go ahead.

I'd take qualify by default at this stage

This game won't go ahead, nor will the final. As Scotland is seeded 1 out of said 4 and some games are at Hampden.. I'd fully expect Uefa to make the decision that Scotland take the Euro place. Unfortunately it's possible that the Euros themselves will not go ahead.
Hungary, Romania and Republic of Ireland are also hosts, and none of them would be seeded 1st out of 4.

Hungary, Romania and Republic of Ireland are also hosts, and none of them would be seeded 1st out of 4.
Only fair way would be to go with number 1 seeds. These play off games won't happen (2 weeks away, lockdowns on travel everywhere)
Scotland will qualify by default, whether the Euros will actually go ahead is another issue

The most Scotland thing would be to have the qualifiers played and win them both (even if its behind closed doors), then the competition to just be binned off altogether and miss out on a major tournament we actually qualified for!!!!

I very much doubt anyone will be present at the NL play-offs, I actually think they will be postponed entirely.  I just can't see Israel travelling if everyone in the party based in Israel have to go into quarantine on their return.

You also have the situation where Serbia currently have 6 or 7 Italian based players "stuck" there. Will Norway let them in?

It's a mess and UEFA have to make a clear and early decision, although it looks like they are too busy pressuring Govts to make sure Euro 2020 goes ahead, which is completely irresponsible frankly. It's all about the £££.

On 09/03/2020 at 21:22, Gaz FFC said:

Hampden gets slagged rotten by all comers but a full/noisy Hampden is a 12th Man.

You say that about any stadium though regarding a full house . It has a terrible gradient and even a load of the front of the front seats are miles away from the pitch. It is literally the opposite of the way in which you would design a stadium for atmosphere.

19 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I very much doubt anyone will be present at the NL play-offs, I actually think they will be postponed entirely.  I just can't see Israel travelling if everyone in the party based in Israel have to go into quarantine on their return.

Struggling to see why UEFA will care here. They are able to travel to the UK for the match. How many of Israel's team will NEED to return to Israel after the game (i.e. how many of their players actually play in Israel)? Can't imagine it's anything like the full squad, and even then it's two weeks of games they'll miss. UEFA aren't going to postpone NL play-offs to accommodate say 10 guys playing domestic Israeli football for two weeks, they'll be told to get on a plane and deal with it IMO.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Struggling to see why UEFA will care here. They are able to travel to the UK for the match. How many of Israel's team will NEED to return to Israel after the game (i.e. how many of their players actually play in Israel)? Can't imagine it's anything like the full squad, and even then it's two weeks of games they'll miss. UEFA aren't going to postpone NL play-offs to accommodate say 10 guys playing domestic Israeli football for two weeks, they'll be told to get on a plane and deal with it IMO.

It's just my opinion, the Israeli FA will probably request a PP anyway.

UEFA have a responsibility to play its part in stopping the spread of the virus (whether it likes it or not) as well as protecting players/staff and I see the Getafe President has just said they will not travel to Milan for the Inter game for that very reason.

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

It's just my opinion, the Israeli FA will probably request a PP anyway.

UEFA have a responsibility to play its part in stopping the spread of the virus (whether it likes it or not) as well as protecting players/staff and I see the Getafe President has just said they will not travel to Milan for the Inter game for that very reason.

Agree totally, I just don't see UEFA giving the level of care they should.

Just now, Geez a Braco said:

If the game cannot go ahead UEFA should accept an amalgamated team from (Israel, Scotland, Norway, Serbia )  Iscotwabia.   We could have Billy Gilmour picking balls up to Haaland and Mitrovic and qualify ahead of England and Croatia out the group. 

I like it.

22 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Top seed in each play off quadrant goes through.
Nap

I think that there's a good chance we'd be given a place in this scenario.

They seem to be intent on using this Nations League thing to regulate rankings and we were the strongest finishers out of the 4, assuming they take into account us playing in a smaller group and do the usual play-off sorting of removing the score against the lowest rank team and using goal difference to decide ties. Israel on 6 (+1GD), Noway on 9 (+4GD), Serbia on 8 (+3GD). We'd pip Norway with 9 (+5GD).

45 minutes ago, gannonball said:

You say that about any stadium though regarding a full house . It has a terrible gradient and even a load of the front of the front seats are miles away from the pitch. It is literally the opposite of the way in which you would design a stadium for atmosphere.

I was at Hampden when we beat the Dutch

I was at Hampden when we drew with Italy

I was at Hampden when we beat France

I was at Hampden when we spanked Ukraine

A full Hampden is rocking and certainly a 12th Man for the team. I certainly am not about to retract my comment because you've been swept up in the Hampden hysteria