Scotland v Israel

Smokerson

Heard UEFA might be ditching the system they've used for every game for about the last 15 years to bring back the silver goal rule.
I appreciate that this is just your standard sarcasm, but to be fair, this entire NL qualifying system including these playoffs is new and experimental. Certainly not been in use "for about the last 15 years"*

*sarcastic quotes

v biased but really think Clarke should be speaking to Lyndon Dykes tonight. Australia assistant manager watching the game this evening where he once again ragdolled a £7million defender.

Only Cosgrove & Doidge have more Premiership goals of non Old Firm players and similarly, he has the best goals & assists total of any Old Firm player. Well worth a call up before we lose him like Martin Boyle. 

Edited by EdinburghLivi

4 hours ago, Geez a Braco said:

Hopefully the Strikers are:  

Naismith ( Nap ) 
Griffiths 
Shankland 

If we have to call up a fourth then any of the Below.   
Dykes 1 in 3 ratio in Premiership.

FTFY
Also Johnny Russell could be a shout, depends how he gets on next week in the MLS.

Saw his game against Vancouver and he looked good in short spells, but a bit lacking in Match Fitness. Was hooked with 15 to go.

Edited by ArabAuslander

Seen some boy on FB post this as his starting XI, I'm absolutely howling.

McGregor - okay fair enough.

Tierney - Has barely kicked a ball for Arsenal, and our Captain plays in that position. Not to mention he's out for another week at least with an injury

Findlay - Played one game for Scotland, possibly could go on the bench. We have better players in that position.

McKenna - Injured. LOL.

Anya - Has not played a game all season, for Derby, hasn't even been in a Matchday squad.

Dykes - Never played for Scotland, so why play him out of position? Also unproven at international level. We have better players such as Forrest and Fraser.

Armstrong - No Complaints tbh.

Gilmour - Played half a dozen games for Chelsea, and the U21s, not proven at the elite level, we have players more proven at that level such as Super John McGinn.

Snodgrass - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA He's fucking retired.

McBurnie - A useless lump who doesn't want to play for Scotland - we have better players

Fletcher - We have better players.

4 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Tierney - Has barely kicked a ball for Arsenal, and our Captain plays in that position. Not to mention he's out for another week at least with an injury

Findlay - Played one game for Scotland, possibly could go on the bench. We have better players in that position.

McKenna - Injured. LOL.

Anya - Has not played a game all season, for Derby, hasn't even been in a Matchday squad.

Dykes - Never played for Scotland, so why play him out of position? Also unproven at international level. We have better players such as Forrest and Fraser.

Gilmour - Played half a dozen games for Chelsea, and the U21s, not proven at the elite level, we have players more proven at that level such as Super John McGinn.

McBurnie - A useless lump who doesn't want to play for Scotland - we have better players

McGregor (Mgregor :lol:) has retired too. Although in his 60s he'll probably still be our best keeper.

Edited by C. Muir

21 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

McKenna - Injured. LOL.

Does M'Gregor wear a fedora?

That is a fucking howling squad.  I'd say there's two in there that will likely be in with a shout of starting.  One more at a push in an emergency.

Johnny Russell could be a shout, depends how he gets on next week in the MLS.
Saw his game against Vancouver and he looked good in short spells, but a bit lacking in Match Fitness. Was hooked with 15 to go.

Trying to contain my excitement...

Genuinely looks like it's the last chance for us to call up Dykes. Australia assistant manager at the game yesterday, Clarke needs to make the move or lose him. 

He's bodying £7m defenders, he's good enough for this level. Bit of a big statement to make but he'll be better for Scotland than McBurnie ever could be. 

On 04/03/2020 at 18:09, Binos said:

That's what we're going to do

It's currently 1980

Would go some way to explaining the general Old Firm fan mindset. 

Hoping the games doesn't get put behind closed doors. However starting to look like it's increasingly likely. 

22 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

I appreciate that this is just your standard sarcasm, but to be fair, this entire NL qualifying system including these playoffs is new and experimental. Certainly not been in use "for about the last 15 years"*

*sarcastic quotes

You werent being serious when you asked about golden goal were you?

Guest DAVIDB69

Who is dykes , we can being throwing randoms into a game of this importance

Surely not Lyndon dykes we are talking about

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Genuinely looks like it's the last chance for us to call up Dykes. Australia assistant manager at the game yesterday, Clarke needs to make the move or lose him. 

He's bodying £7m defenders, he's good enough for this level. Bit of a big statement to make but he'll be better for Scotland than McBurnie ever could be. 

jose.png

I said a few months ago that we should call him up and nothing has changed my mind since then. I don't think he should be starting or anything like that, but he's an absolute pest to play against and has physical attributes that none of our other forwards have.

If we're chasing a game I'd much rather be bringing him on than Johnny Russell or, as much as I love him, Eamonn Brophy.