Clyde vs Dumbarton 2: Electric Boogaloo

Goodwillie is a rapist.
Issac Layne is a registered sex offender. I don't think either club can claim the moral high ground.

Back to the football and a comfortable win. Could have been more comfortable if we had took one of earlier chances instead of having to wait till the end for the second.

Looks like all Clyde and Dumbarton will have to play for now is the battle for 6th place and an extra 2.5k prize money. Some difference a couple of weeks makes was looking like both could be dragged into the relegation battle.

I can understand how Duffy got the Dumbarton job, it's what he's best at.  He's got a team of players with limited ability and been given the target by his chairman to organize them and keep away from relegation.  And to be fair he's done that.

They're hard to break down. They're well drilled, they want you to cross it high into their box and we walked into that a few times.  They mix it up so it disrupts any rhythm in the game. Every team's entitled to play however they want, said before it's a learning curve for our young lads how to adapt

There were signs today the penny had dropped, more so in the second half. No coincidence our two goals came from moves played on the deck.  That was a hard shift for us today but deserved the 3 points. The second goal showed the difference between the two sides

Would expect us to face something similar next week down at Stranraer

Firstly let me start Clyde deserved to win today a couple of chance missed and a well taken goal on the break . 
going by the previous posts if any Clyde fans think this should have been 4 or 7 and Clyde s performance was based on ambitions to go up. Please stop. I’ve watched you 4 times this season . That’s not your level

4 games you won 2 we’ve one 2. 6th and 7th in league 4 points apart. Accept it for what it is

16 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

Firstly let me start Clyde deserved to win today a couple of chance missed and a well taken goal on the break . 
going by the previous posts if any Clyde fans think this should have been 4 or 7 and Clyde s performance was based on ambitions to go up. Please stop. I’ve watched you 4 times this season . That’s not your level

4 games you won 2 we’ve one 2. 6th and 7th in league 4 points apart. Accept it for what it is

Accept the fact we comprehensively beat you and that the two goal defeat flatters Dumbarton. We should have scored at least another one or two. 

My only regret is it's taken us until this point in the season to really get into our stride. I take heart, however, from the ambition and high standards at my club which should see us build on this next season and properly challenge for at least a playoff place. Can't say the same for you lot...can you?

[mention=71375]RutherGlen[/mention] trying so hard to get bites that he's on the verge of popping a vital artery.

He's such a raging mess when his team wins, I'd fear for him when they lose. Or maybe he was knocked back by a Dumbarton girl and he's never got over it. #EastFifeTributeAct

53 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Give me Duffy any day over this absolute mess.

skysports-danny-lennon-clyde_4751325.jpg

That ‘absolute mess’ is about as fit as a 50+ year old can be. Gym every day and can still put himself on the pitch with players less than half his age and hold his own. Sure, straggly grey hair isn’t the best look, but as someone the same age as him I’d be quite happy to have the option of straggly hair. 

Trust me when I say that having Lennon as manager is light years away from Duffy. We know. 

4 minutes ago, sydney said:

That ‘absolute mess’ is about as fit as a 50+ year old can be. Gym every day and can still put himself on the pitch with players less than half his age and hold his own. Sure, straggly grey hair isn’t the best look, but as someone the same age as him I’d be quite happy to have the option of straggly hair. 

Trust me when I say that having Lennon as manager is light years away from Duffy. We know. 

giphy(15).gif.35cd12b4c0e1cedd6321a49a305d6b71.gif

32 minutes ago, sydney said:

Yet Duffy’s team, assembled on a smaller budget, is four points ahead of creepy old Lennon’s. Interesting. 

Edited by FifeSons

It’s worth saying that Ross Lyon did very well today. A player who we saw nothing in when he was signed. Then at the start of the season he suddenly showed he had something about him, only to suffer from injuries. 

3 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Yet Duffy’s team, assembled on a smaller budget, is four points ahead of creepy old Lennon’s. Interesting. 

I always laugh when I read about budgets as usually people are making assumptions. Maybe you know more than most though so apologies if you do. So, can you enlighten us on what Clyde and Dumbarton’s budgets actually are ? 

I always laugh when I read about budgets as usually people are making assumptions. Maybe you know more than most though so apologies if you do. So, can you enlighten us on what Clyde and Dumbarton’s budgets actually are ? 
Dont you'll open a can of worms and the financial experts of pie and Bovril will be telling us goodwillie is on 1k a week and our budget is on a par with Celtic

Duffy steadied a very unsteady ship at The time when he was Clyde manager and doesn’t get anywhere near the respect or credit for our play off season.

Same with Mcluskey.

having said that , wouldn’t swap any of the two of them for what we have now.

we dominated today and treated today - possibly for the first time - like we were playing a team in the top half of the table. An attitude that has been sadly lacking up until today.

Dumbartom play to their strengths but even their most loyal of fans would admit they take a pragmatic approach.

Budgets will be similar but - biased perhaps- I think we have a better manager and more exciting player’s