Clyde vs Dumbarton 2: Electric Boogaloo

The score flattered Dumbarton. Tom Lang won everything and looked a real class act. Goodwillie was unlucky not to have a brace (but for a great save). Tremendous achievement to net 20(25) goals this season. Once Mcstay gets back into the groove it could be a very positive last quarter for the Bully Wee.

Finally very pleased to see John Rankin get a goal today. Really nice guy and works his arse off.

Hopefully we will fair better at Stair Park: I have a suspicion we will :)

Nice to see "Duffyball" working out for you lot. Bunch of absolute losers who don't even have an original strip - I thought we were playing East Fife for the first half. We'll be leap frogging you soon enough ya shower of absolute $hite. Up ye!

Well worthy of the win. No failure in the team. It was probably Cunningham's quietest game for us but he still worked hard. McStay's sublime to ridiclous and vice versa performance has been well documented. Great burst from him for the clinching goal though which was a very good move. Excellent persistence by Goodie for the first too.

We've had a few comments about Dumbarton not really looking like they wanted to win the game but I would say it was down to their poor performance rather than tactics, for instance Quitongo replacing the injured Carswell was quite an attacking change early on. He was poor though. However true the rumours of us signing him were, I'm glad we didn't on that evidence.

Great run of victories at home. 10 points ahead of Forfar is a fair cushion after it was looking bleak a few weeks ago. Tough test next week on the grass pitch at Stranraer though. They have 2 games on hand over Forfar and are 8 points behind them so still very much in reach of the play off spot.

Nice to see "Duffyball" working out for you lot. Bunch of absolute losers who don't even have an original strip - I thought we were playing East Fife for the first half. We'll be leap frogging you soon enough ya shower of absolute $hite. Up ye!
We first wore a strip like that in 1887 when East Fife were wearing green and white hoops. They didn't adopt their current colours until 1911.

7 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

3 minutes ago, microdave said:
7 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

We first wore a strip like that in 1887 when East Fife were wearing green and white hoops. They didn't adopt their current colours until 1911.

Feel the burn, Stevie!

Ba4GETNIEAAvtbm.png.58f2e2a88ecf7170d01035e134e4b5da.png

I think I might be furious if we'd had something to play for. But we don't. We were never going to make the promotion playoffs and should be safe from ninth now. It's a straight out battle between us and Clyde for sixth.

As others have said the Bully Wee thoroughly deserved to win today. We lacked a bit of sharpness and the players looked pretty fatigued. Combine that with losing Rico, who has been outstanding in recent weeks, and then Carsy and it's no real surprise that Clyde won routinely. Take two players like them out of most sides in this league and they'll struggle. 

Fair play to Conor Brennan though. I've criticised him a bit this season but he pulled off one of the best saves I think I've ever seen irl today. Maybe it won't look quite as good in the highlights given we were at the other end of the park, but he had no right to deny Goodwillie from about three yards. It looked out of this world.

13 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Arguably my favourite post of the thread. Trumping even Microdave's response.

I mean I'd understand it if there was some rivalry going on here...but there really isn't. I doubt any Sons fans give a single hoot about Clyde and vice versa. 

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I think I might be furious if we'd had something to play for. But we don't. We were never going to make the promotion playoffs and should be safe from ninth now. It's a straight out battle between us and Clyde for sixth.

As others have said the Bully Wee thoroughly deserved to win today. We lacked a bit of sharpness and the players looked pretty fatigued. Combine that with losing Rico, who has been outstanding in recent weeks, and then Carsy and it's no real surprise that Clyde won routinely. Take two players like them out of most sides in this league and they'll struggle. 

Fair play to Conor Brennan though. I've criticised him a bit this season but he pulled off one of the best saves I think I've ever seen irl today. Maybe it won't look quite as good in the highlights given we were at the other end of the park, but he had no right to deny Goodwillie from about three yards. It looked out of this world.

It's attitudes such as this which will ensure you lot remain in this division for not only next season but many seasons to come. We, on the other hand, have aspirations to move onward and upwards and (unlike your bunch of thick necked b@stards) we have the squad to do it. Admittedly, we may be a bit late to get a playoff place this season but rest assured Danny & Co. will have us going for promotion next season. 

I certainly won't miss having to endure this faux East Fife bunch of diddies.

It's been interesting watching Duffy's team this season. He will claim that absolutely dire style is him getting the best out of a limited squad, but he couldn't be bothered putting a better team together earlier on in the summer. One thing he has done in each game though is mix up tactics during the match, which is something he didn't really do when at Clyde. We were in total control early on, should have scored, but when Carswell went off he went two up front. That stopped our fullbacks pushing forward as much as they had been. It did mean that Grant had more time on the ball but we didn't really exploit that, with some awful final passes from all of the front five. 

He changed it a few times second half; Quitongo went out left, McCluskey was put closer to Grant, Forbes was right up with the striker at one point, throwing on the Stranraer reject "target" man. Not sure any of it worked to be honest; they couldn't handle McStay and Goodwillie at the other end. Each of them could have easily netted a brace, possibly more. Whilst I understand people having a pop at McStay, I thought he made all the difference today. Playing against a team who are as compact as that, he moved them out of their shape time and time again with his runs from deep. Still bursting down the line in stoppage time to help set up the second goal.

Isaac Layne didn't look fit/sharp, but that may have been because Lang and McNiff defended aggressively. Livingstone wasn't tested, neither Lyon really. Grant was excellent. Cunningham and Lamont both quiet but the former put an absolute sitter on a plate for Goodwillie. Love much better in the second half.

The game could probably have gone ahead without a referee. An easy day out for an official normally to be found in the top division.

LOL - Clyde....the authentic Rutherglen team..now playing at er, Shawfield, Firhill, Cumbernauld and who knows where soon ?

As for leapfrogging; as a wee exercise remind of the last time Clyde finished above Dumbarton in the league. Clue - it's earlier than you think.

43 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Trying far, far too hard. 

IjB579vm8l98.gif.a26236dd11bbb0421ba0a4a73af0b4a2.gif

20 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

It's attitudes such as this which will ensure you lot remain in this division for not only next season but many seasons to come. We, on the other hand, have aspirations to move onward and upwards and (unlike your bunch of thick necked b@stards) we have the squad to do it. Admittedly, we may be a bit late to get a playoff place this season but rest assured Danny & Co. will have us going for promotion next season. 

4 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

I feared for some Samson-esque reduction in his powers...I should have known better than to doubt the beautiful b*****d.

Ray is bae emoji7.png

Glad to hear it Adolfo. I’m a fan of our Ray’s new hair. He is quite simply, a beautiful human being.

1 hour ago, RutherGlen said:

Goodwillie is a rapist.