Clyde vs Dumbarton 2: Electric Boogaloo

What a thoroughly unpleasant afternoon. The rain. The result. The refereeing performance. Our performance. I could go on.

Just not good enough I’m afraid. A very Dumbarton way to end our season and faintest of play off hopes.

Seeing that thing score leaves a thoroughly horrible taste in the mouth, more so being heralded by the home support. Shameful and at least we can say we’re not nor ever will be, at that level.

Oh well, four more games between the two next season and another eight or nine games for us to trudge over the line and get this season done with.

Thought we dominated today and played very well. Honking defending by Dumbarton for our first goal and a nice counter attacking one for our second. Nice finish for Rankin as well.

Mccluskey is still a useless shitebag of a player. Amazes me he's still playing in the pro leagues.

What a save by the Dumbarton keeper from Goodie near the end too. He's always looked a good keeper everytime I've seen him play.

Think we are all but safe now. Cant see Forfar winning enough matches to catch us even if we went on to lose our remaining games.

Dumbarton were awful. Sat back  wit 9/10 men behind the ball until we scored then came out. Everytime they got on the ball they fouled. Very physical side who we coped well with.

As said above don't understand why penalty appeals for a header onto a dumbo players hand??

Job done. Get something at Stranraer next week and we're just about safe I'd say

At no point did Dumbarton try to win that match.

Even when they went behind, there seemed to be no serious desire to equalise.

I'd be furious if I was a Dumbarton fan. They played the match like an end of season friendly.

As for Clyde there was no doubt about the result after we scored.

4-0 would have been a better reflection of the match.

45 minutes ago, CatAlan said:

What a thoroughly unpleasant afternoon. The rain. The result. The refereeing performance. Our performance. I could go on.

Just not good enough I’m afraid. A very Dumbarton way to end our season and faintest of play off hopes.

Seeing that thing score leaves a thoroughly horrible taste in the mouth, more so being heralded by the home support. Shameful and at least we can say we’re not nor ever will be, at that level.

Oh well, four more games between the two next season and another eight or nine games for us to trudge over the line and get this season done with.

You ok ***?

2 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

At no point did Dumbarton try to win that match.

Even when they went behind, there seemed to be no serious desire to equalise.

I'd be furious if I was a Dumbarton fan. They played the match like an end of season friendly.

As for Clyde there was no doubt about the result after we scored.

4-0 would have been a better reflection of the match.

Only a fucking moron would truly believe that the manager and all the players sat down before the match and agreed to not try and win the match. It's called playing shite whilst the opposition played well. Today was also our 4th match in 12 days, over the course of that gruelling schedule we've taken 9 points out of 12, only conceded in one game and effectively confirmed safety. I think you'll be hard pushed to find any Dumbarton fans who are "furious". 

A thoroughly deserved victory, controlled the game from start to finish. Should’ve had a few more goals as well.

I was at the opposite end but didn’t look like a handball to me, didn’t see any Dumbarton players appeal either which tells its own story. 

Delighted with the 3 home games we’ve had, 9 points and 7 goals scored. 

Will we just agree to share 2 wins each again next season? 

Surprisingly comfortable win today, 2-0 going on 4 at least. McStay should have had a hat trick. What a frustrating player he is. Goes from great to awful within the one move!

Dumbarton were awful, looked like they came not to lose the game and completely forgot how to try to win, had Duffy written all over it.

Still, fantastic weeks work from the players and Management team, well done guys!

McStay & Goodwillie should both have had hat-tricks.
7-0 would have been a truer reflection of the gulf between the sides.
A very poor performance from us today but not helped by the absence of Rico and early injury to Carsy. The turning point was undoubtedly the shambolic defending for the opening goal; after that we huffed and puffed but produced no end product.

Yet again we looked uncomfortable on a synthetic pitch and that led to too many bad decisions right across the team, save for Brennan who was excellent.

No complaints then about the result, but some of the hyperbolic Bully Wee faithful should maybe check tonight's league table.

Only a fucking moron would truly believe that the manager and all the players sat down before the match and agreed to not try and win the match. It's called playing shite whilst the opposition played well. Today was also our 4th match in 12 days, over the course of that gruelling schedule we've taken 9 points out of 12, only conceded in one game and effectively confirmed safety. I think you'll be hard pushed to find any Dumbarton fans who are "furious". 
You sound pretty "furious"

2 minutes ago, haufdaft said:
30 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

You sound pretty "furious"

Aye, I could barely type through the tears and snotters.