Clyde vs Dumbarton 2: Electric Boogaloo

Thought after the game last midweek we needed a minimum 6 points from the 3 home games we had coming up, so I’m happy enough we’ve done that. In saying that it’s another good chance to distance ourselves further from Forfar and Peterhead with their respective away games at Raith and Falkirk.

Same team as much as possible again, although agree about an above point on Johnston as this is the sort of game that would suit him. 

Edited by SLClyde

On 06/03/2020 at 10:58, BrigtonClyde said:

This is the kind of game could be more of a test for us than the previous two.  The top 5 sides come out & play to win which leaves space between the lines to play through, and at our best, that's what we do.  If Dumbarton play the same way we've seen before they'll sit in, it'll be attack v defence and they're dangerous on the counter as they've got a fair bit of pace.  That's what happened in November. 

They won't change even if we score early against them as they'll fancy themselves to score, you'd need to score a couple early for that to change.  So they'll look to frustrate us to the point we launch high balls into the box, which is exactly what they want, or shoot from 30 yards into a crowded box.  Our lads will need to show more patience in the final third, move it around on the deck, play with width and look to move their defence about to create the opening.  Could be a long afternoon but a 1-0 home win is 3 points if that's what it takes.

Course now I've said that it'll end up 5 - 5 lol 

I mean we're playing Clyde, not Real Madrid, I doubt it will be 11 men behind the ball trying to snuff out the free flowing Cumbernauld galacticos and frustrating them into aimless punts. We certainly wont be going gung ho but only last week we played the league leaders and had a good go at them. We'll be well organised no doubt, but if I'd be surprised if we rock up to Broadwood and park the bus. 

For some context, here's the stats from our last visit...

Screenshot_20200307-134034~2.png

3 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

Can we take Mcstay off please. Hes howling

I think he tries a bit too hard at times but we have literally no one else capable of doing the same job, as Rankin is rotten in a deeper role.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

3 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

Can we take Mcstay off please. Hes howling

Been our best player. And probably our worst as well.

This game is crying out for Johnston and Rankin.

Dumbarton have had a shot at goal which considering their attacking intent shown is almost miraculous. We have had plenty if the ball and the better team. Just final third letting us down. One good pass away from winning this.