Ayr/Dundee vs Dundee/Ayr - The Double Header

Comfortable win. Defence looks solid. Can’t remember Hazard having anything to do other then one save in the first half and their shot off the post. Ayr are a good side but I thought it was comfy tonight tbh.

McDaid was so disciplined defensively but was able to contribute in attack, really impressed with him. Byrne looked sharp too and got stuck in. And Nelson ran himself into the ground. Good balance about the team just now. Hopefully can keep it going against Dunfermline.

25 minutes ago, Muggy said:

Comfortable win. Defence looks solid. Can’t remember Hazard having anything to do other then one save in the first half and their shot off the post. Ayr are a good side but I thought it was comfy tonight tbh.

McDaid was so disciplined defensively but was able to contribute in attack, really impressed with him. Byrne looked sharp too and got stuck in. And Nelson ran himself into the ground. Good balance about the team just now. Hopefully can keep it going against Dunfermline.

Think this is key. He broke up a lot of midfield breaks from Ayr tonight.

There was one moment in particular when Ayr looked to have a man advantage as it broke to them in our LB position in the second half, yet Byrne sprinted over and forced the Ayr player to turn back on himself. A completely innocuous moment purely due to Byrne sensing the danger before Ayr had even the slightest of chances to take advantage.

Watching the match replay, just saw the first goal. How the f**k does Gowser touch that perfectly while rotating backwards? Masterful touch there, it's moments like that prove he's still one of our best players.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

4 games against Dundee and no wins has to be a huge worry for us. Despite some narrow defeats, we've created v few chances from open play over the two most recent games. 

I honestly have no axe to grind on here with anybody, it doesn't pay the mortgage, its all a bit of fun, well it should be, and the day I'm actually judged to have an ability on an anonymous internet forum covering bang average football is the day I'll really worry. 

From the outside looking in, I'd have big concerns that a central defence containing Forster and Berra wouldnt be found out by better teams than us. That's just an opinion though before anyone thinks it's a real go. 

With the wage budget you have there has to be a huge importance of going up. The implications of another season in the Championship are talk for another day. 

I genuinely hope the playoffs treat you well, the SPL needs a shake up and honestly hope that there are two of the current Championship sides there next season. 

Day 2 of the festival as well....🙏

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

4 games against Dundee and no wins has to be a huge worry for us. Despite some narrow defeats, we've created v few chances from open play over the two most recent games. 

I honestly have no axe to grind on here with anybody, it doesn't pay the mortgage, its all a bit of fun, well it should be, and the day I'm actually judged to have an ability on an anonymous internet forum covering bang average football is the day I'll really worry. 

From the outside looking in, I'd have big concerns that a central defence containing Forster and Berra wouldnt be found out by better teams than us. That's just an opinion though before anyone thinks it's a real go. 

With the wage budget you have there has to be a huge importance of going up. The implications of another season in the Championship are talk for another day. 

I genuinely hope the playoffs treat you well, the SPL needs a shake up and honestly hope that there are two of the current Championship sides there next season. 

Day 2 of the festival as well....🙏

Defensively, someone like Forster in the Premiership would be far too slow.  I would expect him to struggle badly over a season.  At this level, a player with Berra's experience with Forster in support is proving to be all that is needed week to week.

9 hours ago, Muggy said:

The number of times where I have watched Nelson and thought he has put in a ton of support work all over the pitch.  I just wish he could nick goals! even just a 10-a-season performance could change some crucial results.

12 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Defensively, someone like Forster in the Premiership would be far too slow.  I would expect him to struggle badly over a season.  At this level, a player with Berra's experience with Forster in support is proving to be all that is needed week to week.

A fair argument. 

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

Translation :

"What a minter I was last night, one too many guiness'. Please be my pals again."

Then :

"YoUs ShOuLd Be DoInG bEtTeR yOu ArE sPeNdInG pUrE mIlLiOnS" 

Some boy, Pukey.