Ayr/Dundee vs Dundee/Ayr - The Double Header

Penalty is 100% on Kerr IMO.

Yes, Hazard clearly misjudges it, but as a defender when you find yourself in a 100% comfortable position to deal with it, as Kerr clearly is initially, you deal with it and clear the danger. You don't listen to the keeper, who, as a human being, is fallible and liable to misjudgement. You get the ball out of there and have it out with him later. 

Different when it's 50/50 and you're not entirely confident yourself. The Keeper gives you a shout and you defer because it's likely he's more confident than you, has a different perspective, so you trust that he knows what he's doing.

Hazard has misjudged it and is never getting there, but Kerr has fucked up even worse by not just dealing with a situation that was 100% within his control to begin with. Blame it on 'Kerr hating' and boo-boys etc, but the simple fact is it's yet another example of exactly why he's miles short of the standard required of a professional footballer of his age and experience. 

Kerr screws up by not simply making an easy clearance in the first place, and then compounds it by getting in a mess and kicking Moffat afterwards. Hazard's misjudgement is a factor, but the ball should have been 50 yards up the pitch even before Hazard gets any ideas about coming for it. Hazard's shout delays Kerr, but Kerr's lack of assertiveness and assuredness creates a situation where the keeper feels the need to come for it in the first place. Meekings  should be reaming Kerr if anything, not the keeper.

5 hours ago, Girth said:

We’re gonna finish pissing 4th aren’t we!?

I reckon we're in the mix for anything from 2nd to 4th.  I we don't get 4th I'll be a tad disappointed to say the least.  Massive difference between 2nd and 3rd/4th so 2nd should be our goal rather than simply top 4.  

4 hours ago, Hazbart said:

Yeah Moff definitely offside. Penalty was well struck and a decent save. Other than that doesn’t look like there was much between 2 sides.

Really does emphasise how far we’ve come when we’re disappointed with that performance.

FTFY. 

A massive difference between the two. It's not just about results. Perhaps 30 or 40 years ago but not now. 

The formation and style a team plays and the performance the players put in as a result are ultimately just aesthetics.

The success of either or both, simply put, has to come down to the problems you create for the opposition and the chances, generally from open play, that the team creates. 

In short, I don't actually care how the team's setup, in fact for a variety of reasons, the more versatile we can be the better. We do however need to be more of a threat in the final third.

Results aside, we aren't causing the opposition enough problems and that's been our problem for a number of weeks. It could come back to haunt us. 

We've had two goalless draws at home against 2 misfiring, underperforming Dundee teams and barely laid a glove from open play on either. Let's get that in a bit of context. 

On its own merits neither is a bad result but let's be a bit more open minded and look a bit deeper as to what actually got us those results. 

Draws at home generally emphasise the need to win the next batch of games away from home. Never easy, but especially in this league. 

In addition to the above too many players are having form and/or attitude dips at the business end of the season. Burnout, glances elsewhere? Perhaps, probably. 

Not what you want at a time when building momentum and form can ultimately reap the club, players and fans, massive rewards that for us don't come around often, if at all. 

6 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Penalty is 100% on Kerr IMO.

Yes, Hazard clearly misjudges it, but as a defender when you find yourself in a 100% comfortable position to deal with it, as Kerr clearly is initially, you deal with it and clear the danger. You don't listen to the keeper, who, as a human being, is fallible and liable to misjudgement. You get the ball out of there and have it out with him later. 

What species is Cammy Kerr? 

FTFY. 
A massive difference between the two. It's not just about results. Perhaps 30 or 40 years ago but not now. 
The formation and style a team plays and the performance the players put in as a result are ultimately just aesthetics.
The success of either or both, simply put, has to come down to the problems you create for the opposition and the chances, generally from open play, that the team creates. 
In short, I don't actually care how the team's setup, in fact for a variety of reasons, the more versatile we can be the better. We do however need to be more of a threat in the final third.
Results aside, we aren't causing the opposition enough problems and that's been our problem for a number of weeks. It could come back to haunt us. 
We've had two goalless draws at home against 2 misfiring, underperforming Dundee teams and barely laid a glove from open play on either. Let's get that in a bit of context. 
On its own merits neither is a bad result but let's be a bit more open minded and look a bit deeper as to what actually got us those results. 
Draws at home generally emphasise the need to win the next batch of games away from home. Never easy, but especially in this league. 
In addition to the above too many players are having form and/or attitude dips at the business end of the season. Burnout, glances elsewhere? Perhaps, probably. 
Not what you want at a time when building momentum and form can ultimately reap the club, players and fans, massive rewards that for us don't come around often, if at all. 

You’re conveniently ignoring the Alloa game to suit your argument.

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The standard of the surface is definitely having an impact on our style of play. However, you need to be able to adapt to the conditions. I'd say we've done that better under Kerr than McCall. We would be on a winless run just now if the media luvie were still in charge.

22 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

What species is Cammy Kerr? 

Lizard like. Born into the Dundee family and some folk just can't not like him, no matter what he does. Privileged. 

Edited by Dele

Warnings for both set of fans ? I believe this happened and wasnt just one Arbroath fan
However I believe you have moved over and had no more threads banned which is good news
It was fully instigated by one arbroath fan who was being clearly homophobic. Some ayr fans probably went too far in their response but in general it was not a case of 'both were equally to blame'.

It was fully instigated by one arbroath fan who was being clearly homophobic. Some ayr fans probably went too far in their response but in general it was not a case of 'both were equally to blame'.
Some ayr fans managed to get the thread closed aswell as the one homophobic arbroath fan ?
So both played a part

Some ayr fans managed to get the thread closed aswell as the one homophobic arbroath fan ?
So both played a part
For all we know the Ayr and Arbroath 'fans' could have been Dundee or Chelsea fans in disguise.

Can happen.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Not at all. 

If you read my post properly I've said that it's not just about the results. The performance at Alloa was far from convincing despite the result. 

We're sleepwalking towards the end of the season and anybody who thinks otherwise, based on the current showings, is kidding themselves on. 

Don’t really get the negativity towards yesterday’s result if I’m honest. While it’s obviously frustrating to miss a penalty (great save btw) I’d probably have took a draw before hand on the understanding we will go up to Dens and at least get a point. Results again on the whole went our way. Matched Pars, Morton and Arbroath’s result and pulled a point closer to Caley. If were still 

Also loads of the usual suspects on the SRE page saying Muirhead shouldn’t of hit the penalty and it should of been an attacker clearly unaware of Muirhead hitting penalties his whole career and having a very good record from the spot. I haven’t watched the highlights back but it looked like a decent penalty and an excellent save. 

On to Tuesday. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Don’t really get the negativity towards yesterday’s result if I’m honest. While it’s obviously frustrating to miss a penalty (great save btw) I’d probably have took a draw before hand on the understanding we will go up to Dens and at least get a point. Results again on the whole went our way. Matched Pars, Morton and Arbroath’s result and pulled a point closer to Caley. If were still 

Also loads of the usual suspects on the SRE page saying Muirhead shouldn’t of hit the penalty and it should of been an attacker clearly unaware of Muirhead hitting penalties his whole career and having a very good record from the spot. I haven’t watched the highlights back but it looked like a decent penalty and an excellent save. 

On to Tuesday. 

If Forrest isn't available then there isn't many players aside Murihead I'd be confident in giving penalty duties too.  If he's off them now he's missed one then we're struggling.