Bunsen Honeydew vs Stuart Malcolm

We were in complete control throughout the game to be honest. Forfar seemed happy enough with a 1-0 defeat, which was strange. As defeated and deflated as I've seen a group of players in a very long time. 

2nd half was a bit of a tough watch, but we were rarely threatened and if we were it was our own doing. It doesent seem to matter how dominant we are, we always have some kind of defensive f**k up there and so it transpired. It's par for the course with us though. 

I like MacLean as he gives us something different. Doesn't let goalkeepers take all the time in the world, which is a bit of a pet hate if mine. Probably the first time I don't think the lad in goal for Forfar looked all that comfortable against us. 

Bowie was decent enough. He gets a bit of a hard time from some fans, I'm really not sure why, but he made himself a bit of a nuisance. 

Job done, move on. 

20 hours ago, Jilted John said:

I don’t know why people are suggesting that we should have upped the tempo and scored more goals. We came away with no injuries or silly bookings, we will be fresh for next week. That’s called professional game management.

This!

Pushing for more is a prime cause of giving some away. The gaffer got us to first place this season playing this style, and kept us there. There are no beauty points on the table, just more points for wins than draws or loses. I wish it was more entertaining sometimes, but celebrating a win sure feels good.

20 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

I'm sticking in my spirtle here, Kenneth Williams Gif  incoming.

Davo was pushed and kicked throughout, in the second half he was halfed near the tunnel but kept it together, to receive a mere chat from the ref.

Apparently it's possible to be older and wiser.

Alzheimers a possibility for that? That being said, if it’s finally clicked with Davo and he’s gained control, I hope (and I never thought I’d say this) that he’s back next year as a backup/reserve/player-coach, because the lad has talent.

I feel like people expect a huge amount from Bowie now he's made his move. His form dipped a wee bit before December or so. He's nowhere near the finished article. He'll go to Fulham and be in their development team for at least a couple of years. 
Sat for 90 minutes listening to someone behind me saying "cumon Bowie do something ffs" the guys 17 and far from the finished article.

Davo only got a talking to because he had said something to the ref in the first place but he did show maturity in not continuing it when he went in for the ref to speak to him. He's also been playing well bar the odd mistake that you would expect from a player at this level.

Much like Paul Smith thought the performance was disappointing more so the second half but i,ll take any performance over the next 9 games as long as the scorelines the same or similar.

Regards Bowie,everyones aware of his age but hes capable of much better than whats hes shown against Falkirk and yesterday and it was the right decision to hook him yesterday

Much like Paul Smith thought the performance was disappointing more so the second half but i,ll take any performance over the next 9 games as long as the scorelines the same or similar.
Regards Bowie,everyones aware of his age but hes capable of much better than whats hes shown against Falkirk and yesterday and it was the right decision to hook him yesterday

Agree we didn't play well but we didn't need to get out of first gear against a team who I'd be surprised if we were playing next season regardless of what league we're in. No offence to Forfar but they played with 11 men behind the ball for the majority of the game and got a late goal through bene switching off rather than a well worked goal.

Bowie is capable of much better but at 17 he is going to be inconsistent. He hasn't actually played badly in either of those games though. His work rate makes up for the mistakes he does make alot of the time. As a side not his fitness has come on since January. He was gassed by about 60/70 minutes then but he is lasting longer now.

12 minutes ago, grumswall said:

.Bowie is capable of much better but at 17 he is going to be inconsistent. He hasn't actually played badly in either of those games though. His work rate makes up for the mistakes he does make alot of the time. As a side not his fitness has come on since January. He was gassed by about 60/70 minutes then but he is lasting longer now.

Bowie had several attempt to thread a pass through to an open attacker, and managed to make none of them. That doesn’t make it a bad outting, as you could see Forfar backing off him and worrying he was going to get one through. The margins on passes like that are measured in inches, and Ziggy missed by those inches...but the fact he saw the possibilities and was willing to try to thread it through says reams about his tactical vision and confidence.

Seeing play that that from a young player explains why he’s moving South on a nice contract. He may just turn out to be a very special players.

Bowie had several attempt to thread a pass through to an open attacker, and managed to make none of them. That doesn’t make it a bad outting, as you could see Forfar backing off him and worrying he was going to get one through. The margins on passes like that are measured in inches, and Ziggy missed by those inches...but the fact he saw the possibilities and was willing to try to thread it through says reams about his tactical vision and confidence.
Seeing play that that from a young player explains why he’s moving South on a nice contract. He may just turn out to be a very special players.
It's not been coming off for him when has tried things recently. As I said his work rate makes up for those "mistakes" but at least he is seing those passes and attempting them. I surprised our first sub yesterday wasn't Spencer going off for tait but Spencer is another that sees these passes and has made a few assists this season in playing them, such as his pass for baird. If we are playing Bowie wide I'd prefer him on the right but Armstrong is coming onto a game out there so it's hard to argue with how mcglynn has us set up, up top with this formation. They both play similar games aswell with Armstrong being that wee bit more tricky and a better right foot for going down the line.

59 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Agree we didn't play well but we didn't need to get out of first gear against a team who I'd be surprised if we were playing next season regardless of what league we're in. No offence to Forfar but they played with 11 men behind the ball for the majority of the game and got a late goal through bene switching off rather than a well worked goal.

Bowie is capable of much better but at 17 he is going to be inconsistent. He hasn't actually played badly in either of those games though. His work rate makes up for the mistakes he does make alot of the time. As a side not his fitness has come on since January. He was gassed by about 60/70 minutes then but he is lasting longer now.

A dont get this not needing to get out of first gear due to the way the opposition played.We were fine in the first half but levels dropped in the second by some margin.The way we leek goals not a good trait to have

Of course you,ll get inconsistencies with players of Bowies age hence why he was substituted yesterday.

I,m much rather see an inconsistent Bowie on the park before the likes of Dingwall

Edited by Rovers_Lad

A dont get this not needing to get out of first gear due to the way the opposition played.We were fine in the first half but levels dropped in the second by some margin.The way we leek goals not a good trait to have
Of course you,ll get inconsistencies with players of Bowies age hence why he was substituted yesterday.
I,m much rather see an inconsistent Bowie on the park before the likes of Dingwall
Agree re bowie/Dingwall although Dingwall has been good when coming on against tiring defences.

You've summed it up pretty nicely though. We strolled through the game yesterday and first half the players knew it. Second half we strolled through aswell and it took till injury time for bene to slip up we don't need to beat teams 2/3/4/5-0 as long as we win. That is all that matters and I'd rather be bored watching us play like that and get results than see 8 goal thrillers at this stage of the season. The 3 points is all that matters at this stage, how we get them is irrelevant!

On the same page regards 3 points is all that matters and winning by 2/3/4 or 5/ goals is irrelevant especially at this stage of the season

As I said previously,i,ll take any performance in the next 9 games as long as theres 3 points at the end of them

On the same page regards 3 points is all that matters and winning by 2/3/4 or 5/ goals is irrelevant especially at this stage of the season
As I said previously,i,ll take any performance in the next 9 games as long as theres 3 points at the end of them

I'm a pedant...

I'd be astounded if we picked up 3 points in each of our next 9 games. There's 8 league games to go.