Bunsen Honeydew vs Stuart Malcolm

53 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Poor game, no ideas up front other than the goals (first one keeper should have done better), Forfar were rank rotten but for all our possession  were pretty clueless in breaking them down. I thought the early goal would have settled and inspired the team to go for it but no, that said the most important thing was 3 points and we got them.

Much improvement needed for next week, keep the faith.

Agree with most of that apart from thinking their  keeper should have done better for our 1st.I was right in line when Dan The Man slotted it home,was a good finish

Thankfully Baird woke me up in the second half with his goal

Happy with the 3 points though against a pretty poor Forfar side

Edited by Rovers_Lad

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

That Forfar team offered nothing and looked every bit a team down the bottom of the league, yet we struggled to take advantage and only won 2-1. 

If we can’t find another gear, I feel we could struggle in the run-in. We’ll need to up our game if we want to come out of the next two fixtures - Peterhead away, East Fife at home - and still be top of the league.

Sit doon, min!!

Edited by Wee Sandy

1 hour ago, Wardy said:

We never struggled. The win was actually never in doubt. Did you actually watch the game? The score line is completely irrelevant because we fucking gifted them a goal, which must have been their third attempt at goal the whole game. 

If we never struggled, tell me how we only scored 2 goals?

How did we let that Forfar team score? We gift too many teams goals and don’t score enough, which is why Falkirk have a far superior goal difference and we’re looking over our shoulders.

Its great that we’re still top and hanging on in there, but don’t kid yourself. 

28 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Agree with most of that apart from thinking their  keeper should have done better for our 1st.I was right in line when Dan The Man slotted it home,was a good finish

Thankfully Baird woke me up in the second half with his goal

Happy with the 3 points though against a pretty poor Forfar side

Fair do's, just thought Amstrong took the ball a bit too wide and McCallum could have narrowed the angle better, like you said a great finish

Pretty dull, but we were in complete control. Forfar were awful. Losing Forbes and Hilson and gaining Bobby Barr and that fat number 9 is shockingly bad business. 

Shit goal to lose, but thats par for the course. 3 points is all that matters. 

18 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Sit doon, min!!

See if Baird hadn’t got the second goal, this place would be a very different place tonight. We struggled to put a very poor Forfar team to bed.

The next couple of games will probably be a sterner test.

See if Baird hadn’t got the second goal, this place would be a very different place tonight. We struggled to put a very poor Forfar team to bed.
And if Armstrong didn't score we would have lost that game. Mcglynn out!

9 minutes ago, grumswall said:
10 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

And if Armstrong didn't score we would have lost that game. Mcglynn out!

I suppose. I’m glad we won, because the 3 points is all that matters really, but we’ve been misfiring for a while now and at some stage it’s likely to cost us.

14 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Pretty dull, but we were in complete control. Forfar were awful. Losing Forbes and Hilson and gaining Bobby Barr and that fat number 9 is shockingly bad business. 

Shit goal to lose, but thats par for the course. 3 points is all that matters. 

Fat No.9 was evidently Doris. Wasn’t he good at Arbroath?

17 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Davo reeled it in big time.

He walked away after being done on the touchline, only for the ref to give him a chat.

Him and Bene were immense today. 

Bene putting Munro in trouble about 3 times in the 2nd half notwithstanding...

Steven MacLean looking to the ref, holding his hands up above his head and counting the seconds that McCallum held on to the ball in the first half is exactly the type of bizarre nonsense that St Johnstone fans promised us. Only about 15 minutes in as well, fair play.

Edited by R.R.FC

Steven MacLean looking to the ref, holding his hands up above his head and counting the seconds that McCallum held on to the ball in the first half is exactly the type of bizarre nonsense that St Johnstone fans promised us. Only about 15 minutes in as well, fair play.

I preferred Brian Graham's style at Firhill, counting off the seconds on his fingers. He got the full ten!

After going 2-0 some of the play was really good, almost exhibition at times. The consolation was just typical rovers. Play like that and win for the remainder of the season we’ll all be happy. 

We completely dominated the play for large spell, and genuinely play some good football on what is easily the best pitch in scotland. How many games in the league have we actually lost since we put it down? 

1 hour ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Davo reeled it in big time.

He walked away after being done on the touchline, only for the ref to give him a chat.

Him and Bene were immense today. 

We all see games differently I suppose. For me Benedictus was anything but immense.