Am I living in a Ben Elton novel?

I thought that was a spoof. It isn't

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-51708961

Flags flown at two town halls to celebrate International Women's Day were branded "transphobic" amid a flurry of complaints.

Flags which read: "Woman, noun, adult human female" were flown at Southport and Bootle town halls on Monday.

The slogan was widely criticised on social media as a recognised symbol of a "transphobic hate group".

Sefton Council apologised and said it removed the flags as soon as they realised they were causing offence.

Wtf?

Then we've got some vinegar-pussed wee lassie bopping around the world whining and greetin' and lecturing in that way that only teenagers (who know everything) can.

I sometimes think I'm living in a Ben Elton novel. Anybody else see stuff that they just shake their head at? 

Titania McGrath is a parody Twitter account created and run by comedian and Spiked columnist Andrew Doyle. Doyle describes her as "a militant vegan who thinks she is a better poet than William Shakespeare."

22 minutes ago, Jamaldo said:
1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:
Titania McGrath's Twitter feed is something else.
I hope that she's at it.

You do realise "Titania" isn't a real woman right?

Did you just assume Titania's gender?

4 hours ago, L'immortale Par said:

There’s a sticker on a bin in Shandon that warns the public that certain local Pars fans are cocks. Makes a change from missing cat posters.

That would be more useful...