ICT v Morton (its tomorrow)

12 minutes ago, RiG said:

Our crowds are desperate.

Looking at one club towns clubs average attendances as a % of population ICT aint doing bad

Dunfermline Athletic 7.8%

Arbroath 6.7%

Alloa Athletic 5.4%

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 4.7%

Queen of the South FC 4.3%

Ayr United 4%

Greenock Morton 4%

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

15 minutes ago, Toby said:

Small crowds aren’t the point I’m making though- there are hardly queues down Sinclair Street either, but why do Inverness announce far bigger home crowds than actually attend games? Do they just kid on that they give out loads of comps to schools but tell touchline advertisers that they have big crowds to sell space at a higher price?

In fairness, you’re not alone in this. I’d say Ross County, Dunfermline and Falkirk all do similar. Always  find it strange when you go to a midweek cup tie at Ross County and a crowd that looks similar to the league crowd of 2700 is announced as 600, presumably because the gate receipts are split.

I suspect we include season ticket holders in amongst the home crowd irrespective of whether they are actually recorded as being at the game. County have been at it with their crowds for years and it seems that we are following suit.

14 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Looking at one club towns clubs average attendances as a % of population ICT aint doing bad

Arbroath 6.7%

Alloa Athletic 5.4%

Ayr United 4%

Greenock Morton 4%

It's not too bad as a percentage but our average crowd has decreased massively in a relatively short space of time. Smaller crowds, less cash for the manager, players leave, results aren't as good, crowds go down and repeat. The club need to try and find out why former season ticket holders haven't been renewing and whether they can do anything to get them back. We probably had more on Friday night against Hibs than we did last night (based on photos of the respective crowds).

8 minutes ago, RiG said:

I suspect we include season ticket holders in amongst the home crowd irrespective of whether they are actually recorded as being at the game. County have been at it with their crowds for years and it seems that we are following suit.

It's not too bad as a percentage but our average crowd has decreased massively in a relatively short space of time. Smaller crowds, less cash for the manager, players leave, results aren't as good, crowds go down and repeat. The club need to try and find out why former season ticket holders haven't been renewing and whether they can do anything to get them back. We probably had more on Friday night against Hibs than we did last night (based on photos of the respective crowds).

I can only really talk about games against Morton at your ground (although I do see highlights of others on TV or online) but it strikes me as if it’s always been the case with Inverness too- I don’t think this is a recent trend.

On the second point about the average crowd: percentage of town’s population ratio, if we’re to assume last night’s difference between announced and actual crowd is something that your club regularly do, I’d argue that your crowds are on average nowhere near 4.7% of your town’s population.

I’d have thought there were about 950 in the ground last night, with 45-50 in our end.

4 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Wasn't at the game and agree taking off a loan striker for a defender seems like it's asking for trouble but, on the other hand, we've been conceding late goals to cost us points recently so maybe worth trying to tighten up. It didnae work. Don't dae it again

Your game plan was based on harass and harry our players giving them no time on the ball, at times you had three players on either Walsh or Storey, all running at breakneck speed which left you exposed at the back, but I'm not surprised at Morton losing late goals as by the time the 90 minutes came round some of your players were out on their feet. 

17 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Our attendance figures are what it is and mainly due to our relegation from the Premier  and our continuing stay in the Championship.

As long as we keep winning and have the odd cup run we grin and bear it. 

Not really true though, is it? I’m not having a go at Inverness for poor crowds, I’m having a go at them for inaccurate crowds.

I can’t for the life of me understand why anyone who was at last night’s game would believe there was a crowd of 1772 there. That’s nothing to do with relegation and stagnation in the Championship, it’s to do with not releasing correct information.

21 minutes ago, Toby said:

Not really true though, is it? I’m not having a go at Inverness for poor crowds, I’m having a go at them for inaccurate crowds.

I can’t for the life of me understand why anyone who was at last night’s game would believe there was a crowd of 1772 there. That’s nothing to do with relegation and stagnation in the Championship, it’s to do with not releasing correct information.

How about the parking or the pies and whats yer take on the seating?

We won, get over it and move on.

2 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

How about the parking or the pies and whats yer take on the seating?

We won, get over it and move on.

The steak pie fell apart in my hand, now you mention it. Fairly hot, which is a bonus, but not the best. Parking was easy enough, £3 which nobody minded as Morton sorted us out for comps into the game. We were of course away sharp due to the paltry crowd.

Congratulations on your win. Now why don’t you address the actual point about your club not publishing accurate attendance figures?

Can't complain with the result: I thought that we were below-par other than in the first fifteen minutes and did well to get ourselves back in the game twice from pretty much no threat in the second half. Inverness were also able to call on very capable players from their bench like Doran and Keatings - Todorov is just a big carthorse who loves scoring against us - while our players tired notably in the closing stages. The collective meltdown about us bringing McLean on to try and see out a point is ludicrous: there was no way in hell that starting back four would have seen the game out for fifteen minutes plus stoppage time. They couldn't even last more then five minutes before shipping a ridiculous goal for 2-1 in the first place.

Escaping with a point and our unbeaten league run in 2020 would have been excellent given the way the game went but sixteen points and one defeat in our last nine league games is still a very good return. If we can keep scoring from the exact same 'cross from left hand side; seven players queueing at the back post to smash it in' routine twice per game then we should have a decent final quarter as well.

3 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Arbroath 6.7%

Alloa Athletic 5.4%

Ayr United 4%

Greenock Morton 4%

Dunfermline and Inverness' figures are works of total fiction though. It's not an exaggeration to say that Inverness could be reduced to a Stirling Albion level of irrelevance within their local constituency unless whatever is going on to explain their decline is resolved; in fact I've probably seen larger midweeks crowds at Forthbank when we rocked up there. 

3 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Rig already mentioned why figures might not reflect who was sitting in their seats last night. If this is counting non attending season ticket holders then I don't see a problem with this.

Would there have to be a system in place to monitor which season ticket holders attend?

That's a waste of time.

I didn’t ask if Inverness do this, though, I asked why they do it. Incidentally, when naming other clubs that I suspect do similar I of course forgot to mention Celtic.

Rather than having a system to count those season ticket holders that don’t attend could your club not implement a system to count those people that do, rather than plucking a figure from the sky? You know, something like tickets scanned, clicks of a turnstile, ticket stubs collected? Something whacky like that?

11 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Maybe you should get a petition started?

Is there any need for the sarcastic response? I’m merely asking. I don’t know why the Inverness fans seem to be trying so hard to answer some pretty straight forward questions?

As expected, Lewis Toshney had the cigars out against Morton's front men last night. 

Was like a training exercise for him. Good to see The Caley have already improved him. 

No, but I am a c**t if it’s any use. Barely heard anyone from either end shouting all night, I’ve seen better atmospheres at Renfrewshire Cup semi finals at Cappielow.
Nah not much use. I already knew that you are a c**t I just wondered who was that particular c**t.

12 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

It’s pretty well known in the local area that around 750 ICT fans followed Billy McKay and subsequently Donaldson to Ross County. That’s got to have a material impact on the numbers.

Err, so??  We, and plenty of other clubs, have lost hundreds each week heading for the two arse cheeks since fitba' started without resorting to that kind of creative accounting. And why not use the same system you seem to use to count those 750 every week to count the number who actually go into your ground?