ICT v Morton (its tomorrow)

3 hours ago, Fraz said:

Well I've never sat and counted the crowd so I can't say for sure but it certainly looks like that yes. I don't think anyone has said differently have they?

They guys above can guess sure but the fact is nobody knows the reason. I used to assume before we got the electronic ticket system that it was just easier and quick to take the Season Tickets sold and count the walk ups then add them. Now we have an electronic system there's no need to I assume. I think that we would be more accurate to report the numbers as tickets sold rather then attendance. 

Maybe successive Chairmen have just picked random amounts to see how long they can get away with it, who the f**k knows?

I've no idea though really and likely nobody else here does either. I know that will dissapoint you. As I've said when you find out let us know. 

Actual football related, thanks for letting us have a last minute winner it was nice to dish one out and not be on the receiving end for once. 

You really haven’t disappointed me in the slightest- the only thing that has was that last minute winner we conceded.

3 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Why should a club count people who didn’t attend the match in the “attendance”? Tickets sold =/= attendance.

Don’t really buy the season ticket theory anyway. I understand that some season ticket holders will miss games from time to time, especially midweek, but as I said earlier in the thread, it looks like there were about 950 folk at Tuesday’s game. In that case you’re talking about 800 folk just not bothering turning up. I don’t think we even have 800 season ticket holders.

3 hours ago, Snafu said:

I don't know, I wasn't at the game.

I didn’t ask if you were at the game. I asked if Inverness fans think their club are economical with the truth in announcing crowds (plural). Unless you’ve never set foot in the place I’d imagine you’d be able to give us some insight, but it appears that you’re not willing to for some reason.

1 hour ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Crowd wanking his wee cherry tomatoe into a sock😄

Wouldn’t say so. There’ll probably be about 12-1400 (accurately counted) folk at Cappielow today, which isn’t really anything to write home about.

If it makes you feel better, crack on.

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Why would you think I or any other supporter have a clue what goes on behind the scenes at the club on match day if most of us have no direct connection and share the same media as yourself. I can't see why you are wasting your own time asking us when you could do your own digging, but maybe you're just one of these people who can't do anything for themselves and need help to figure stuff out.

Because I’ve got my own theory on why clubs (not just Inverness) do this, as I said earlier, and am interested in what fans of clubs who do it think. And I’ve found it especially interesting to see the defensive reaction from guys like yourself over a pretty minor criticism.

There’s really no need to get too worked up about someone asking about something that isn’t necessarily flattering to your club. It happens to us all.

St Mirren was founded 143 years ago.

In that time they have won lower league championships five times.

In that 143 years they have won 4 Major Honours.

Premier League side St Mirren play in an excellent new stadium and have an average home attendance of 5,500.

Edited by SandyCromarty

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Nope, I'm waiting to see when you are going to give up as I can keep this going until May if I wanted.

Now what is this theory?

Surely its got nothing to do with the opinions of Inverness supporters, mind you we've been accused of running onto the Hampden pitch during a cup semi final and tackling Celtic players so f**k knows, go on lets read it??

The theory is freely available to all readers on page two of this thread. Continue this as long as you want, but your actual contribution has been nothing other than defence and deflection, without actually addressing any of the points raised.

If you want to continue the debate, I’m happy to keep going, but saying something relevant to this discussion might be a good point to move it along.

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

Which post is this?

I don't see any theories, just about Seville calculators, calling yourself a c**t and then the last one where you compare this to other clubs and ask questions. None of these are theories.

I'm not sure why there is any benefit for clubs to announce higher attendances than who turns up, maybe its just the way electronic scanning turnstiles work. The season ticket holders would already be uploaded onto the system, so its just the ones who turn up on the day that make the difference. Its probably likely that clubs which include all season ticket holders if they show up or not are the ones who do this, I don't know, that's my guess.

Imagine if we had to play behind closed doors due to this coronavirus, maybe the club would probably still automatically include I don't know 800 season ticket holders (for example) as an attendance automatically.

I pointed out on page two that Inverness perhaps announce higher than the actual crowds as it would appear more attractive to potential touchline advertisers, and allow them to sell advertising at a higher premium, which would be the only tangible benefit I could imagine.

Any company taking up advertising would likely look at attendance figures before doing so in order to see what audience they are reaching.

18 minutes ago, Snafu said:

You were guessing and asking us about advertising it never came across as a theory, now you say it is and stand by it as if you did originally. Must have been disappointing that only Rig answered your question and didn't give you the answer you were looking for going by your continued bleating about Inverness supporters deflections and being defensive.

I believe everyone has answered your questions to the best of their knowledge which was a waste of time because you already knew the answer or rather the answer which fitted best into your complete sense of outrage. You wouldn't have taken a photo if you weren't triggered.

Not wording a post satisfactorily enough for your satisfaction to make the point count is a new one.

I’m failing to see the point about outrage, too. Why would I be outraged with Inverness and their fans? I could understand the point if it were about someone like Falkirk or Partick, but you’ve got what’s pretty much the most inoffensive support in the country.

You do realise the photo was taken during the game, and before any of this crowd debate even started? Quite how someone can be “triggered” by an event that is yet to take place is a mystery.

11 hours ago, Toby said:

Not wording a post satisfactorily enough for your satisfaction to make the point count is a new one.

I’m failing to see the point about outrage, too. Why would I be outraged with Inverness and their fans? I could understand the point if it were about someone like Falkirk or Partick, but you’ve got what’s pretty much the most inoffensive support in the country.

You do realise the photo was taken during the game, and before any of this crowd debate even started? Quite how someone can be “triggered” by an event that is yet to take place is a mystery.

Dunno Tobes buddy, you seem to be making a pretty good try at it.

If you seriously think anyone's deflecting, and not just ripping the utter fanny right out you then you really are a simpleton. 

26 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Dunno Tobes buddy, you seem to be making a pretty good try at it.

If you seriously think anyone's deflecting, and not just ripping the utter fanny right out you then you really are a simpleton. 

I’d suggest that if anyone’s triggered, it’s the guy who’s reduced to hurling insults at someone because that person had the temerity to ask questions that they don’t like about their favourite football team.

Edited by Toby

Just now, Toby said:

I’d suggest that if anyone’s triggered, it’s the guy who’s reduced to hurtling insults at someone because that person had the temerity to ask questions that they Ronny like about their favourite football team.

Aye, I'm ripping right enough.  Some weirdo who supports a total no mark team that haven't done anything in anyone's living memory is having a wee bubble about crowds? Oh, the pain, the pain. Who gives a fucking toss? Just you.  You've been told to ask the club if it melts your head that much so either do that or shut the f**k up.

1 minute ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Aye, I'm ripping right enough.  Some weirdo who supports a total no mark team that haven't done anything in anyone's living memory is having a wee bubble about crowds? Oh, the pain, the pain. Who gives a fucking toss? Just you.  You've been told to ask the club if it melts your head that much so either do that or shut the f**k up.

This is perhaps the best post I’ve ever read on a football forum.

Absolutely furious. Raging. Incandescent.

Just now, Toby said:

This is perhaps the best post I’ve ever read on a football forum.

Absolutely furious. Raging. Incandescent.

I am, you've got me. I'm literally shaking with rage here.

You must have lived a very sheltered life Toby.

Have a word with yourself, or a w**k. Whatever calms you down a bit.