ICT v Morton (its tomorrow)

35 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

All this because I made an off the cuff comment about the away attendance. 

My point was if we took that to an away game we'd be slaughtered for it.

Folk forget we have to make that journey 18 times a season. 

So you have a gentle dig at our support and don’t expect what was a pretty gentle dig back?

It would’ve died off if the Inverness fans either accepted that their club do this and explained why, or just said they do not have a clue why, but agreed that for some reason they vastly over state their crowds.

Personally I suspect that BranchTon is right in saying that it allows them to sell advertising space at a higher price, but it’s strange to see such a defensive attitude to a  wee “Seville calculator” jibe and a reasonable question as to the reasons behind this.

2 hours ago, Toby said:

So you have a gentle dig at our support and don’t expect what was a pretty gentle dig back?

It would’ve died off if the Inverness fans either accepted that their club do this and explained why, or just said they do not have a clue why, but agreed that for some reason they vastly over state their crowds.

Personally I suspect that BranchTon is right in saying that it allows them to sell advertising space at a higher price, but it’s strange to see such a defensive attitude to a  wee “Seville calculator” jibe and a reasonable question as to the reasons behind this.

The original dig was by one of your lot about coronavirus only spreading in large numbers of people. 

I simply commented that Morton take less numbers than Alloa do midweek and if we took as little as you did to a midweek game we'd all be hearing about. 

5 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:

Wow. These folk from Morton are a bunch of c***s. What a cheek telling folk to relocate from Inverness when the only thing of note to come from your town is a "Russian sailor" who eats rats.

Needs must if you can't get to an Edinburgh Woollen Mill to buy tourist shortbread.

47 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:

Wow. These folk from Morton are a bunch of c***s. What a cheek telling folk to relocate from Inverness when the only thing of note to come from your town is a "Russian sailor" who eats rats.

At least you’re taking it well.

As a bit of a stats geek the ever increasing trend of reporting non attending season ticket holders and non attending comps in the “attendance” (the clue’s in the fucking name) winds me up as well. Shitebag behaviour.

Yep, why don't you just phone the club and ask? And while you're at it phone County, Dunfermline, Falkirk, Celtic, Rangers. Who have all been doing it for years. 

16 hours ago, Toby said:

I don't think that we do miss report the attendance.  It would seem your just a wee bit heads gone that we get more than you.

7 hours ago, Snafu said:

I'm not avoiding or deflecting or even defending it, I just don't know as do most people on here, why would we be answerable for what the club puts out as attendance figures, all we do is turn up or not turn up.

As someone said earlier phone up the club and speak to someone who might know and who will answer your 'perfectly reasonable questions'.

45 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, why don't you just phone the club and ask? And while you're at it phone County, Dunfermline, Falkirk, Celtic, Rangers. Who have all been doing it for years. 

Nobody said you’re answerable to anyone, but it’s a debating forum. Why ask or discuss anything when you could just go to the clubs for an answer?

I’m interested to know why Inverness (who in this instance are more relevant than Falkirk, Dunfermline etc. because the game is fresh in the memory) announce fictional crowds for their home matches. We’re at Dunfermline in a fortnight’s time so I’ll be sure to ask them if I think theiy’re at it. Football attendances interest me.

I understand that football fans are generally quite partisan and defensive of their clubs, but why the Inverness fans are quite so uppity about a minor criticism of their club is bizarre.

Do you agree that your club are somewhat economical with the truth when announcing attendances?

Edited by Toby

49 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I would ask the question 

1. Why don’t all clubs count season tickets , as at the end of the day part of the clubs survival is based on gate money and wither  they attend or not they have paid for entry to that game  

11 hours ago, Toby said:

Inverness fans continuing to deflect in an attempt to avoid answering perfectly reasonable questions.

Nobody's deflected anything, how can we answer a question we don't know the answer to ourselves? In the grand scheme of things it's probably not really a big concern for most ICT fans. Have you emailed our chairman yet so you can enlighten us? In all the time it's taken for you to repeatedly post about it you could have done so. 

You seem strangely obsessed and bitter about this. Maybe you're just that kind of bloke. 

Fantastic that you've so much interest in our club though. I wish more people that actually live in Inverness did. 

5 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I would ask the question 

1. Why don’t all clubs count season tickets , as at the end of the day part of the clubs survival is based on gate money and wither  they attend or not they have paid for entry to that game  

Yeah, I could understand that rationale. If everyone did it then you would have a real comparator. Otherwise, you are comparing apples and pears.

Nobody said you’re answerable to anyone, but it’s a debating forum. Why ask or discuss anything when you could just go to the clubs for an answer?
I’m interested to know why Inverness (who in this instance are more relevant than Falkirk, Dunfermline etc. because the game is fresh in the memory) announce fictional crowds for their home matches. We’re at Dunfermline in a fortnight’s time so I’ll be sure to ask them if I think theiy’re at it. Football attendances interest me.
I understand that football fans are generally quite partisan and defensive of their clubs, but why the Inverness fans are quite so uppity about a minor criticism of their club is bizarre.
Do you agree that your club are somewhat economical with the truth when announcing attendances?
Is it not just based on tickets sold, you can't sell the same tickets twice (unless you are rangers fans scamming your own)
Season tickets, comps and on the day or presold at ticket office would be the basis of the figure.
That's a guess.

19 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Nobody's deflected anything, how can we answer a question we don't know the answer to ourselves? In the grand scheme of things it's probably not really a big concern for most ICT fans. Have you emailed our chairman yet so you can enlighten us? In all the time it's taken for you to repeatedly post about it you could have done so. 

You seem strangely obsessed and bitter about this. Maybe you're just that kind of bloke. 

Fantastic that you've so much interest in our club though. I wish more people that actually live in Inverness did. 

Except that’s not actually true. We’ve seen RiG pointing out that crowds are desperate in response to the point about crowds being doctored; Sandy Cromarty saying it’s to do with relegation and stagnation in the Championship, although there’s no reason that should have anything to do with it; ICT_Stew sating they count season ticket holders, which isn’t really an answer; Snafu bizarrely suggesting a system to count those not attending rather than those who are; Worktheshaft thinking he’s edgy by calling folk c*nts; Sandy Cromarty claiming the query has been brought in as a result of Morton’s defeat; Snafu echoing that one as if he has no patter of his own and you playing the obsessed and bitter card.

All of these are acts of deflection from the point that Inverness doctor their crowds. Do you agree Inverness do this?

Edited by Toby

20 minutes ago, Toby said:

Except that’s not actually true. We’ve seen RiG pointing out that crowds are desperate in response to the point about crowds being doctored; Sandy Cromarty saying it’s to do with relegation and stagnation in the Championship, although there’s no reason that should have anything to do with it; ICT_Stew sating they count season ticket holders, which isn’t really an answer; Snafu bizarrely suggesting a system to count those not attending rather than those who are; Worktheshaft thinking he’s edgy by calling folk c*nts; Sandy Cromarty claiming the query has been brought in as a result of Morton’s defeat; Snafu echoing that one as if he has no patter of his own and you playing the obsessed and bitter card.

All of these are acts of deflection from the point that Inverness doctor their crowds. Do you agree Inverness do this?

Well I've never sat and counted the crowd so I can't say for sure but it certainly looks like that yes. I don't think anyone has said differently have they?

They guys above can guess sure but the fact is nobody knows the reason. I used to assume before we got the electronic ticket system that it was just easier and quick to take the Season Tickets sold and count the walk ups then add them. Now we have an electronic system there's no need to I assume. I think that we would be more accurate to report the numbers as tickets sold rather then attendance. 

Maybe successive Chairmen have just picked random amounts to see how long they can get away with it, who the f**k knows?

I've no idea though really and likely nobody else here does either. I know that will dissapoint you. As I've said when you find out let us know. 

Actual football related, thanks for letting us have a last minute winner it was nice to dish one out and not be on the receiving end for once. 

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

I would ask the question 

Why should a club count people who didn’t attend the match in the “attendance”? Tickets sold =/= attendance.