ICT v Morton (its tomorrow)

15 hours ago, TheScarf said:

As expected, Lewis Toshney had the cigars out against Morton's front men last night. 

Was like a training exercise for him. Good to see The Caley have already improved him. 

In the two games I've seen him I've been happy with his performance in central defense, he seems to read the opposition forward line well, hopefully he will keep it up.

Morton fans finds are finding it difficult to come to terms with the defeat and congratulate us on a good game and instead are finding comfort in their absolute grief with our poor attendances instead of  analysing why their teams arses collapsed with ten minutes to go.

19 hours ago, Toby said:

The steak pie fell apart in my hand, now you mention it. Fairly hot, which is a bonus, but not the best. Parking was easy enough, £3 which nobody minded as Morton sorted us out for comps into the game. We were of course away sharp due to the paltry crowd.

Congratulations on your win. Now why don’t you address the actual point about your club not publishing accurate attendance figures?

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Morton fans finds are finding it difficult to come to terms with the defeat and congratulate us on a good game and instead are finding comfort in their absolute grief with our poor attendances instead of  analysing why their teams arses collapsed with ten minutes to go.

Nope, not true. You've been congratulated on your win ( something I've never seeked from an opposing fan after a win incidentally), and asked why your club don't announce accurate attendances.

Not why your club have poor crowds, we also have poor crowds. So, why do Inverness announce fictional crowds for their home games?

There's a massive difference between that and "Why do Inverness have poor crowds?"

Now, if you could answer the former satisfactorily, instead of deflecting and dancing around the question, we could perhaps move on.

In your own time.

I've never bothered with a season book. Work, etc. means I miss too many games a season to make it financially worthwhile but I probably get to a coupla games a year on other folks books when they have work or a holiday or whatever. Who are these weirdoes who have a season book but nae pals?

58 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I've never bothered with a season book. Work, etc. means I miss too many games a season to make it financially worthwhile but I probably get to a coupla games a year on other folks books when they have work or a holiday or whatever. Who are these weirdoes who have a season book but nae pals?

coupla - novel and concise

weirdoes - weird

I've got a season ticket but have been avoiding big crowds on account of the virus.

To be fair, I think @Toby is asking a pretty reasonable question. I don't see any logic in Inverness, or any other team for that matter, announcing fictional crowd figures. Pretending that a crowd of 800 is in fact a crowd of 1700 is far more embarrassing than simply having a crowd of 800..

1 hour ago, sophia said:

I've got a season ticket but have been avoiding big crowds on account of the virus.

Oh aye? ICT seem to think you were there on Tuesday. With a bunch of mates, too. 

3 hours ago, Toby said:

Nope, not true. You've been congratulated on your win ( something I've never seeked from an opposing fan after a win incidentally), and asked why your club don't announce accurate attendances.

Not why your club have poor crowds, we also have poor crowds. So, why do Inverness announce fictional crowds for their home games?

There's a massive difference between that and "Why do Inverness have poor crowds?"

Now, if you could answer the former satisfactorily, instead of deflecting and dancing around the question, we could perhaps move on.

In your own time.

Probably because attendance levels trigger sponsorship thresholds and there accounting software is geared to that.Who but a twisted wee duck give a toss what Inverness do  though?

24 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Probably because attendance levels trigger sponsorship thresholds and there accounting software is geared to that.Who but a twisted wee duck give a toss what Inverness do  though?

If you’re going to try and be a smart arse and put someone in their place at least try not to make an absolute howling c*nt of your post.

54 minutes ago, Toby said:

If you’re going to try and be a smart arse and put someone in their place at least try not to make an absolute howling c*nt of your post.

If you would only follow your own advice the world would be a better place. 

12 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:
6 hours ago, sophia said:
coupla - novel and concise
weirdoes - weird

So, for your own safety, you were there on Tuesday then?

health & wellbeing and getting jokes are blessings

6 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I missed this topper in first reading through. You are the first person since Gus (maybe) who's admitted to eating a pie from the stadium, unless the club have changed catering company recently that pie will sit in your stomach like an alien waiting to burst out for the next 24 hrs. Maybe they are ok now as the club were giving them away to NHS staff recently. But fair play if you didn't feel any side affects.

Cool story, but I’m more interested in finding out why Inverness appear to announce fictional crowds for their home games. Any further on with that one, yet?

2 minutes ago, Toby said:

Cool story, but I’m more interested in finding out why Inverness appear to announce fictional crowds for their home games. Any further on with that one, yet?

What are going to do with the information when you get it? Make a pi chart?

All this because I made an off the cuff comment about the away attendance. 

My point was if we took that to an away game we'd be slaughtered for it.

Folk forget we have to make that journey 18 times a season. 

42 minutes ago, Toby said:

It's a mystery for the ages, who knows? Perhaps you could email the chairman and ask for comprehensive explanation or even a PowerPoint that he could show you. Let us know what you find out.