ICT v Morton (its tomorrow)

Sickener. That’s three stoppage time goals conceded and five points lost through them in the last seven games.

On one hand after taking two pumpings at ICT earlier in the season running them close shows how we’ve improved, but ultimately the defence isn’t good enough for us to sit in and see games out. If teams get crosses into our box they’re going to capitalise.

11 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Sickener. That’s three stoppage time goals conceded and five points lost through them in the last seven games.

On one hand after taking two pumpings at ICT earlier in the season running them close shows how we’ve improved, but ultimately the defence isn’t good enough for us to sit in and see games out. If teams get crosses into our box they’re going to capitalise.

That's exactly what we did all game. Absolutely peppered your box with crosses as Robbo knew we would score from them. 

I left before the end and missed the winning goal. 

Deserved win with good effort and work rate by the team, couldn't fault any of them, Walsh deserved the MoM but Carson, for me, came a close second.

Robertson's subs came at the right time and paid off, good management.

Some odd behaviour by Morton's goalkeeper and what was that drop ball all about towards the end when we clearly had a throw in.

As mentioned earlier the continual cross balls were their downfall.

Edited by SandyCromarty

59 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Fair play to the 30 or so Morton fans who made the trip. Almost as many as Alloa brought. 

Not sure if that’s a dig or not but we’ve had Ayr, QOS and yourselves away all in the space of a week. 

Wasn't at the game and agree taking off a loan striker for a defender seems like it's asking for trouble but, on the other hand, we've been conceding late goals to cost us points recently so maybe worth trying to tighten up. It didnae work. Don't dae it again

Time for a crowd w**k, then? Well done to the “1742” home fans that also came out last night.
No use of Seville calculators whatsoever, here. Move along now.
DA664482-1920-45CD-9C9B-8A4F64FE85A1.thumb.jpeg.efa88457dafc5aa58873430dea55c136.jpeg
Are you the c**t that was shouting at Caley fans calling us a disgrace cause there wasn't more of us there?

2 hours ago, Worktheshaft said:

Are you the c**t that was shouting at Caley fans calling us a disgrace cause there wasn't more of us there?

No, but I am a c**t if it’s any use. Barely heard anyone from either end shouting all night, I’ve seen better atmospheres at Renfrewshire Cup semi finals at Cappielow.

Edited by Toby

Our crowds are desperate.

Five years ago we won the Scottish Cup and something like 15,000 got off their fat arses to head to Glasgow. Now we barely scrape into four figures. Tragic stuff indeed.

6 minutes ago, RiG said:

Our crowds are desperate.

Five years ago we won the Scottish Cup and something like 15,000 got off their fat arses to head to Glasgow. Now we barely scrape into four figures. Tragic stuff indeed.

Small crowds aren’t the point I’m making though- there are hardly queues down Sinclair Street either, but why do Inverness announce far bigger home crowds than actually attend games? Do they just kid on that they give out loads of comps to schools but tell touchline advertisers that they have big crowds to sell space at a higher price?

In fairness, you’re not alone in this. I’d say Ross County, Dunfermline and Falkirk all do similar. Always  find it strange when you go to a midweek cup tie at Ross County and a crowd that looks similar to the league crowd of 2700 is announced as 600, presumably because the gate receipts are split.