Lyndon Dykes v Christopher Jullien

12 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Entertaining game despite Collum's best efforts to ruin it.

Disappointed with a draw but, to be honest, most of our players looked almost dead on their feet from about the hour mark. You cant defend against a team like Celtic for half an hour without riding your luck.

Is Dolly injured, wasn't on the bench, could've done with him for an out ball in the last 20 mins or so, Dykes was done and had no running left in him, so the ball just kept coming back at us. Saying that, Souda gave a bit of a chase when he came on, maybe should've had him on a bit earlier for fresh legs up front.

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Gutted at not getting all 3 points after getting to ET still ahead, brilliant comeback from Livi from a goal down though, never say die attitude right through the team. Just about shot my load when Robbo scored in the first minute of the restart, just a pity Dykes couldn't make it 3-1 when he got his chance, that would've killed it off for us. Eddie missing a sitter just after that was faf though, thought he'd have equalised there.

Sibbald was outstanding, the amount of times he robbed Celtic players of the ball, Livi MoTM for me, everyone bar Lawson was outstanding, his fresh air kick cost us the first goal, and he nearly did it again losing the ball in our half when Celtic hit the post, reading McCrorie should've saved the first goal too, will have to watch it again on BT sport later on tonight, was so annoyed wih Lawson I wasn't paying attention to McCrorie. 

Still undefeated at home to Celtic since we came back up though, what a home form we have.

McCrorie made an absolute howler for the opener. It's a shame, as he did really well in the rest of the game.  Edouard's sitter was also an outstanding challenge from Guthrie rather than a proper sitter.

From watching it on TV, Guthrie was MOTM by a mile for me. Honourable mentions to Brown and ATS.

Surely the Livingston Twitter account person must be mistaken here...

Celtic fans running on the park at full-time to celebrate a 2-2 draw here at The @_TonyMacaroni Arena.

Tells its own story of the evening.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

"Difficult place to come, difficult pitch, but we were outstanding!"

"Individual mistakes, but this team doesn't give up."

Celtic were outstanding? Dearie me

They weren’t just “outstanding”, they were also “brilliant”. All this in a 2.2 draw at Livingston.

Celtic fans running on the park at full-time to celebrate a 2-2 draw here at The @_TonyMacaroni Arena.
3 kids running on to get shirts from the players unlike your mobs mass pitch invasion after scoring a goal there.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

47 minutes ago, bennett said:

Was a couple of kids, about 9 or 10 years old trying to get shirts from Eduoard, relatively harmless behaviour and nothing to either laugh at or condemn. 

No doubt the SNP would like to see them get a lifetime football banning order. 

56 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

McCrorie made an absolute howler for the opener. It's a shame, as he did really well in the rest of the game.  Edouard's sitter was also an outstanding challenge from Guthrie rather than a proper sitter.

From watching it on TV, Guthrie was MOTM by a mile for me. Honourable mentions to Brown and ATS.

Just saw it on BT sport there, yep right through McCrorie's arms, should've saved it, or at least got his hands to it. Disappointing defending from Lawson, and McCrorie in goals for that one.

Yeah big Guthrie has been terrific for us, him, Marv and Dykes are brilliant signings.

Absolute brilliant display from the Lions,yeah disappointed we conceded late on but if we had conceded a 2nd 5mins or earlier we may hav lost the game.

We were out on our feet by the end,as Celtic had us pinned back for the last half hour.

Guthrie absolute colossus at the back,Sibbald all over the midfield like a rash and big Lyndon ran himself into the ground up front.

Top 6 more than a achievable now.

20 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’m sure that you actually believe that.

Statistically he's probably right. In the last two seasons at Livingston; Celtic have scored twice and taken away 2 points.

At the last two seasons at pittrodrie Celtic have scored 14 times and taken 12 points in the league.

If your talking travelling wise though then Pittordrie is probably more challenging to get to than Livingston for the majority of Celtic fans.

2 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Statistically he's probably right. In the last two seasons at Livingston; Celtic have scored twice and taken away 2 points.

At the last two seasons at pittrodrie Celtic have scored 14 times and taken 12 points in the league.

If your talking travelling wise though then Pittordrie is probably more challenging to get to than Livingston for the majority of Celtic fans.

And there is a good chance Celtic will be visiting again after the split.

35 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Absolute brilliant display from the Lions,yeah disappointed we conceded late on but if we had conceded a 2nd 5mins or earlier we may hav lost the game.

We were out on our feet by the end,as Celtic had us pinned back for the last half hour.

Guthrie absolute colossus at the back,Sibbald all over the midfield like a rash and big Lyndon ran himself into the ground up front.

Top 6 more than a achievable now.

Think that was down to Dykes being fucked and not giving us an out ball for the last 10 mins of the game, really should've had Souda on earlier, to at least give us someone with the energy to chase after tha ball, and maybe keep it up the pitch for a bit. Imo that's what Dolly does best for us, runs like a goodun after the ball and has the strength to body defenders, was surprised he wasn't on the bench, reckon we'd have seen out the game if he'd been an option to replace a knackered Dykes.

Yeah personally i'm looking at top 4 more than behind us to stay top 6, can't see us not getting at least another 3 points before the split, which would easily have us top 6, but i'd love for us to catch Aberdeen before the split and see if we are anywhere near Motherwell too, to push for a European place in the post split games.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

22 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I certainly don’t want to diminish anything that Livingston have done, it’s phenomenal. But when Celtic go to Ibrox or Pittodrie, they tend to turn up with their A game. Not so sure that, mentally at least, they do that going to Livingston.

Have you seen the banners at Celtic away games. “Montrose CSC”, “Bridge Of Don Bhoys”, “Elgin Celts” and so on. Not too difficult to get to Aberdeen for a lot of them.

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The spaghettihad is harder place to go than pittrodrie or ibrox to get a result.

It has been since we came back up last season anyway, think the plastic pitch does its job of getting into players and managers minds before ko too, and they like using it as an excuse when they don't win.

Our home form is the 3rd best in the league too (might be 2nd best soon going by Sevco's current form), and only Sevco and Aberdeen have beaten us there this season, so I think fortress Spaghettihad is a tough place for everyone to come to. Long may it continue.

I suppose, thinking about it, Lennon’s use of language is really clever. He obviously sees it as putting the boot into Rangers with Gerrard’s recent post match interviews slating his squad. “Breathtaking”, “relentless”,  “brilliant”, “absolutely outstanding”, “ magnificent group of players” and “a privilege for me to manage them”. If he uses this phraseology after drawing 2.2 with Livi, what can he conjour up for a 4.0 win at Ibrox?

27 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Think that was down to Dykes being fucked and not giving us an out ball for the last 10 mins of the game, really should've had Souda on earlier, to at least give us someone with the energy to chase after tha ball, and maybe keep it up the pitch for a bit. Imo that's what Dolly does best for us, runs like a goodun after the ball and has the strength to body defenders, was surprised he wasn't on the bench, reckon we'd have seen out the game if he'd been an option to replace a knackered Dykes.

I'd heard Dolly hurriedly left the stadium in a taxi earlier in the evening. Hope everything is ok with the big man