Lyndon Dykes v Christopher Jullien

Not a lot to add to what has already been said. Dykes was imperious up front, Sibbald wonderful in the middle, and Guthrie is incredible. Absolutely incredible. 

Brilliant to see our sounding of the Diddy Alliance Klaxon eventually bore fruit with Hamilton getting a brilliant win at Ibrox. Well done brothers.

Superb performance from Livingston, especially how they handled conceding an early goal.  Guthrie was solid at the back and Dykes certainly caused us issues up front.  Sore one to lose the late equaliser but I'd say a draw was a fair result.  Edouard and McGregor were our best players I'd say.   Frimpong certainly made an impact when brought on.   For someone who's 6ft7 and probably about 17 stone, Fraser Foster didn't half jump like a big lassie for Livi's first goal. 

47 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I certainly don’t want to diminish anything that Livingston have done, it’s phenomenal. But when Celtic go to Ibrox or Pittodrie, they tend to turn up with their A game. Not so sure that, mentally at least, they do that going to Livingston.

Have you seen the banners at Celtic away games. “Montrose CSC”, “Bridge Of Don Bhoys”, “Elgin Celts” and so on. Not too difficult to get to Aberdeen for a lot of them.

To be honest all I saw was Ballieston Brigade and that's because it was covering an emergency exit; but i get the point.

Our home form is the 3rd best in the league too (might be 2nd best soon going by Sevco's current form), and only Sevco and Aberdeen have beaten us there this season, so I think fortress Spaghettihad is a tough place for everyone to come to. Long may it continue.

IMG_9553.jpg

It actually could happen given the pre split fixtures.

Like most I thought it was a fair result, bit of luck for either team (Edouard hitting the post for example) could’ve won it but overall both deserved a point.

20 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I suppose, thinking about it, Lennon’s use of language is really clever. He obviously sees it as putting the boot into Rangers with Gerrard’s recent post match interviews slating his squad. “Breathtaking”, “relentless”,  “brilliant”, “absolutely outstanding”, “ magnificent group of players” and “a privilege for me to manage them”. If he uses this phraseology after drawing 2.2 with Livi, what can he conjour up for a 4.0 win at Ibrox?

I disagree it's feck all to do with sevco or Slippy G,it's everything to do with the position Celtic are in,winning the first trophy and only dropping 10 points in the league.

37 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I disagree it's feck all to do with sevco or Slippy G,it's everything to do with the position Celtic are in,winning the first trophy and only dropping 10 points in the league.

Oh come on.

18 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I think the bit at the end was for Slippy G quote"you get what you deserve"

The vast majority was spouted for Gerrard’s benefit. Celtic lost two goals from horrendous defending, and more horrendous defending should have led to Dykes making it 3.1. So I don’t quite get the “brilliant, breathtaking or absolutely outstanding” for our champions-in-waiting, but as you equalised in the 91st minute, I’ll concede “relentless”.

56 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The vast majority was spouted for Gerrard’s benefit. Celtic lost two goals from horrendous defending, and more horrendous defending should have led to Dykes making it 3.1. So I don’t quite get the “brilliant, breathtaking or absolutely outstanding” for our champions-in-waiting, but as you equalised in the 91st minute, I’ll concede “relentless”.

It's the first 2 points we've dropping since coming back from the winter break plus Celtic can still make 100 points in the league.
How can you criticise the players that haven't lost a domestic trophy in over 3 years?
Individual performances mite dip from time to time but as a team it's brilliant and outstanding.
Criticism over drawing one game after winning the last 11 games  has got to be measured.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

27 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's the first 2 points we've dropping since coming back from the winter break plus Celtic can still make 100 points in the league.
How can you criticise the players that haven't lost a domestic trophy in over 3 years?
Individual performances mite dip from time to time but as a team it's brilliant and outstanding.
Criticism over drawing one game after winning the last 11 games  has got to be measured.

I certainly didn’t say that the team should be criticised for their record this season, and definitely not for drawing one game after 8 straight wins, you’ve made that up in your own mind. All I said that the language that Lennon used to describe the performance against Livingston, just that one game, was not in line with what actually happened that night.

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

5 of those against Livi too, some fucking team.😍

Wee Robbo seems to love a goal against Celtic, that's his 3rd goal against them now.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I certainly didn’t say that the team should be criticised for their record this season, and definitely not for drawing one game after 8 straight wins, you’ve made that up in your own mind. All I said that the language that Lennon used to describe the performance against Livingston, just that one game, was not in line with what actually happened that night.

I find it very strange when a dons fan and the reporter are the only ones trying to make sevco relevant  in a game between Livvy and Celtic?

11 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I find it very strange when a dons fan and the reporter are the only ones trying to make sevco relevant  in a game between Livvy and Celtic?

I find loads of things strange.

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Easily They messed up in the Europe knock out stage having done so well in the group