Lyndon Dykes v Christopher Jullien

Just now, thruthenight said:

Jon Guthrie was absolutely outstanding. 

Edouard made the difference. Easily the best player in the country right now.

Don't want to be touting your manager around but how long before other clubs start sniffing around Holt? What a job he's doing.

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

Don't want to be touting your manager around but how long before other clubs start sniffing around Holt? What a job he's doing.

Amazed it hasn't happened already tbf. He'd have gone to Killie if they'd asked.

Thought Livi were fantastic tonight, especially Guthrie, Brown and Dykes. Some of the most disciplined and organised defending I've seen in a while. Would have been a tragedy if they had taken nothing from the game.

One thing Craigen said in commentary really grinds my gears but, kept suggesting Celtic crosses finding Livi players as bad luck. No it wasnt. It was excellent positioning by the Livi defence and a lack of quality from Celtic. Luck had f**k all to do with it.

You wont get a more organised team in the league than Livi. They are still outsiders but I really hope they sneak a European spot as would actually fancy them to make a fist of Europe more than any other team out with us and the **** if they can keep Dykes for the qualifiers.

Edited by gannonball

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

"Difficult place to come, difficult pitch, but we were outstanding!"

"Individual mistakes, but this team doesn't give up."

Celtic were outstanding? Dearie me

Aye I thought wee Neil was doing some havering there.

I do not like Celtic but Brown and Edouard were outstanding tonight. Really good players contributing to a team of worthy champions.

That said, we were excellent as well and well worth a point. Guthrie was exceptional. The whole team worked really hard and were unlucky to be broken down late in the game. Steve Clarke should be ringing Lyndon Dykes tonight before Australia take him. Fantastic strength on our second goal.

Two good teams each earning a deserved point.

48 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Thought Livi were fantastic tonight, especially Guthrie, Brown and Dykes. Some of the most disciplined and organised defending I've seen in a while. Would have been a tragedy if they had taken nothing from the game.

One thing Craigen said in commentary really grinds my gears but, kept suggesting Celtic crosses finding Livi players as bad luck. No it wasnt. It was excellent positioning by the Livi defence and a lack of quality from Celtic. Luck had f**k all to do with it.

Craigen is a slaver. When he eventually gets a job in management, he will be emptied in <6 months.

That fucking fire alarm [emoji38] 
I’m going to drive down to Livingston and turn that fucking alarm off myself
Couldn't hear any alarm at the game and I sit directly below the main camera
Amazed it hasn't happened already tbf. He'd have gone to Killie if they'd asked.
Don't think he would...always spoke of the slagging his boy gets when Livi play Killie...imagine being the Killie manager and having poor results

Jon Guthrie is a Rolls Royce. To think that Walsall fans were saying he was a bombscare when we signed him... 

Sibbald the best player on the pitch for me though, has come on a whack since we first signed him and I think he will be a massive player for us next season. 

Says a lot for this Livi side that Im gutted with a draw. 

An absolute gutter to lose a goal in injury team but it would’ve been travesty if we hadn’t taken anything from that. Well in about them first half and defended resolutely for about 40 minutes. The pressure Celtic put on us emphasises just how wide the gap is between them and rest of the league, a draw a fair result in the end. 

Guthrie and Dykes - fantastic. Ambrose looked the business in the first half until a daft booking and was a lot more subdued, but did fine. Thought Lawson was poor in the first half but picked up a bit in the second; be interesting to see if Devlin comes in for him before the end of the season. 

Jullien must fall asleep at night haunted by the image of Lyndon Dykes. Incredible how rattled he is by him. 

Not long home from the game and yet to see any highlights but we've had a shocker at both goals and generally our play was slow and predictable.

I'd say a draw was probably fair and we've got Hamilton to thank for helping extend our lead at the top.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Entertaining game despite Collum's best efforts to ruin it.

Disappointed with a draw but, to be honest, most of our players looked almost dead on their feet from about the hour mark. You cant defend against a team like Celtic for half an hour without riding your luck.

Gutted at not getting all 3 points after getting to ET still ahead, brilliant comeback from Livi from a goal down though, never say die attitude right through the team. Just about shot my load when Robbo scored in the first minute of the restart, just a pity Dykes couldn't make it 3-1 when he got his chance, that would've killed it off for us. Eddie missing a sitter just after that was faf though, thought he'd have equalised there.

Sibbald was outstanding, the amount of times he robbed Celtic players of the ball, Livi MoTM for me, everyone bar Lawson was outstanding, his fresh air kick cost us the first goal, and he nearly did it again losing the ball in our half when Celtic hit the post, reading McCrorie should've saved the first goal too, will have to watch it again on BT sport later on tonight, was so annoyed wih Lawson I wasn't paying attention to McCrorie. 

Still undefeated at home to Celtic since we came back up though, what a home form we have.