Lyndon Dykes v Christopher Jullien

Somehow there doesn't seem to be a topic for this even though it's 2 days away.

I feel like I'm going insane but I honestly feel like we can get something from this. Celtic haven't been on top form in the past week and our home form is outstanding.

Dykes to body Jullien within 3 minutes and a 88th minute Souda bicycle kick giving 2-1 Livi. 

We haven't scored a goal at Livingston since their top flight return and conversion to plastic fantastic, never mind win.

Hopefully that will finally change on Wednesday and we will have learned our lesson from the previous fixture here that, sometimes you need to be able to battle when required. 

This is the fixture the **** and the MSM will be earmarking us to slip up in before we go to Ibrox in a couple of weeks to give them a glimmer of hope going into that match, these however are the pressure fixtures we nearly always grind a result out of, based on that and, the law of averages meaning surely we can't drop points here again I'm going for a hard fought 2-1 win for the champions, Christie and Eduoard on target.

54 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

We haven't scored a goal at Livingston since their top flight return and conversion to plastic fantastic, never mind win.

This is the fixture the **** and the MSM will be earmarking us to slip up in 

Exactly why I can't see past an ('pasta'?) away win.

McCrorie

McMillan  -  Guthrie -  Ambrose/Brown  -  ATS

Bartley  -  Sibbald

Lawless  -  Pittman  -  Robinson

Dykes

Home win. James Forrest to do everything in his power to avoid using his left foot even when shown inside. Nah, we had a good run against Celtic with those three consecutive clean sheets (I blame the pitch) but they've probably got our number now. Edouard and McGregor seem to have been flying recently, though didn't see the game yesterday, so could see them causing damage - actually, why was it so tight against St. Johnstone?

Edited by crispy

40 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Exactly why I can't see past an ('pasta'?) away win.

McCrorie

McMillan  -  Guthrie -  Ambrose/Brown  -  ATS

Bartley  -  Sibbald

Lawless  -  Pittman  -  Robinson

Dykes

It'd be a tough decision to drop Brown with the partnership hes forged with Guthrie...can see us sticking with the back 3 though giving us a man to match up against Griffiths and Edouard plus a free defender to mop up the midfield runners. Perhaps going for something like:

McCrorie

Efe - Brown - Guthrie

McMillan - Bartley - Sibbald - ATS

Lawless - Pittman

Dykes

Pittman, ATS and McMillan dropping back one place when defending making it more of a 5-3-1-1

44 minutes ago, crispy said:

Home win. James Forrest to do everything in his power to avoid using his left foot even when shown inside. Nah, we had a good run against Celtic with those three consecutive clean sheets (I blame the pitch) but they've probably got our number now. Edouard and McGregor seem to have been flying recently, though didn't see the game yesterday, so could see them causing damage - actually, why was it so tight against St. Johnstone?

Hopefully the midweek European game, along with the Cup game yesterday, will have taken a lot out of the Celtic players. Forrest and Ajer are injury doubts. No doubt our pitch will be in their heads too.

If we can keep it to 0-0 at HT then I think we could have a decent chance of nicking it 2nd half, with our players being a lot fresher after the 10 days between games. Dolly would be a great sub to bring on if we're under pressure and trying to hold onto a goal lead too, fantastic out ball with his pace and physicality. Could even get us a goal on the counter, he loves turning it on in big games, in front of large away crowds (Sevco & Hearts last season).

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Hopefully the midweek European game, along with the Cup game yesterday, will have taken a lot out of the Celtic players. Forrest and Ajer are injury doubts. No doubt our pitch will be in their heads too.

If we can keep it to 0-0 at HT then I think we could have a decent chance of nicking it 2nd half, with our players being a lot fresher after the 10 days between games. Dolly would be a great sub to bring on if we're under pressure and trying to hold onto a goal lead too, fantastic out ball with his pace and physicality. Could even get us a goal on the counter, he loves turning it on in big games, in front of large away crowds (Sevco & Hearts last season).

The games on the TV too...he does love a goal in front of the cameras

5 hours ago, crispy said:

A combination of a really heavy pitch which made Celtic's normal passing game, switching the play quickly difficult, the home keeper having a brilliant performance and Celtic taking 45 minutes to get out of second gear.

2 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

A combination of a really heavy pitch which made Celtic's normal passing game, switching the play quickly difficult, the home keeper having a brilliant performance and Celtic taking 45 minutes to get out of second gear.

Ah right, maybe unsurprising giving the euro comedown. It’s the usual story in that we need our ‘keeper to have a good game; we can’t afford to concede anything cheap; and to take the few chances we might manage to create. Rangers did a good job on Dykes when we last played them at the Mac; if there is someone around to mop up the second balls then he can be kept quiet. That said, the Copenhagen second goal was calamitous! Is it a 2 or 3 just now and who’s preferred?

Hopefully Bartley is back for this as that’ll be tastey with Brown. I believe there’s always a chance we can take something, home or away. Unsure what shape we’ll play I think playing with the central three might be asking for trouble if we get robbed up the park.