Airdrieonians v East Fife

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Hardly right next to you. It's still in the central part of the stand and there is home fans immediately behind both dugouts.

The nearest dugout to the away support is the home dugout it's only a pie throw away. 

Talking about fuds in dugouts. Why do Airdrie have the home dugout at the away end and the away dugout at the home end. Why bother with segregation then stick the opposing manager right next to you. How to wind up the crowd. 

Because it’s right next to the lino to moan at[emoji23]

14 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

On another note, Callum Fordyce is a bit of an unsung hero this year. He's been arguably our best and most consistent signing, very rarely looks troubled and is always fairly calm. He's been shunted about to accommodate Kerr and crighton coming back and just gets on with it, a real team player.

Player of the Year IMO. Our defence is really what has gotten us this far and he's better than Crighton IMO. I'm sure he's been an ever present this season too. Leon is probably a shoe-in for Young Player of the Year but I think Kyle should be in with a shout too. 

6 hours ago, troy said:

Talking about fuds in dugouts. Why do Airdrie have the home dugout at the away end and the away dugout at the home end. Why bother with segregation then stick the opposing manager right next to you. How to wind up the crowd. 

It comes from the time when kenny black was the manager.   The context behind it was we had 3 straight seasons where we got relegated but but were "saved " by other events in the league system.   Livingston being demoted to bottom league after their administration problems and gretna going bust.   Kenny black moved dugouts to change the luck.  Rather than just say it was to move away from the pelters he was getting from the fans.    Teams used to warm up at opposite ends too but when we walk out to start the game airdrie have always gone to the left and line up to start in the opposite half from the warm up.   It still happens sometimes both teams walk out the tunnel and go to the same end.  

Player of the Year IMO. Our defence is really what has gotten us this far and he's better than Crighton IMO. I'm sure he's been an ever present this season too. Leon is probably a shoe-in for Young Player of the Year but I think Kyle should be in with a shout too. 

Completely agree. Fordyce is without a doubt Player of the Year for me, although I'd have personally given man of the match to Kerr or MacDonald yesterday. Think Leon has to get Young Player of the Year as he's been the more consistent than MacDonald but both worthy of the accolade. Going by how he's done since returning to the team I think Josh Kerr might've been in with a shout too had Dycey and Crighton not clung onto their places in the team so strongly. Very happy with our defenders at the moment and hope Kerr gets a contract extension soon like the others have already.

43 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Completely agree. Fordyce is without a doubt Player of the Year for me, although I'd have personally given man of the match to Kerr or MacDonald yesterday. Think Leon has to get Young Player of the Year as he's been the more consistent than MacDonald but both worthy of the accolade. Going by how he's done since returning to the team I think Josh Kerr might've been in with a shout too had Dycey and Crighton not clung onto their places in the team so strongly. Very happy with our defenders at the moment and hope Kerr gets a contract extension soon like the others have already.

Surely the club has already offered Kerr a contract considering his age and potential.. he’s simplified his game which in my eyes makes him a much better player!

The debate on the penalty. I had a look at the highlights today. As the cross comes into the penalty area the East Fife guy ( not sure who he is) has his arms all around Kerr . With the Ref looking straight at it, ands the modern rulings, it is a penalty. I can see why EF players were annoyed, especially as something similar happened last time, but the old cliché of "I've seen them given" applies. Kerr for Airdrie did not throw himself down which might have seen the Ref go for simulation. The later one was not IMO a dive but it was not a foul as he sclaffed his attempted shot.  I hope Stranraer get something on Tuesday but the top 5 chase is still on. 

Yep. Difficult to tell whether Higgins actually brought him down or not but if you put your arms round an attacker in the box like that you're pretty much asking for it.

Thought Mckay's booking for a dive was ridiculous at the time.

Wasn't at the game, but fair to say most airdrie fans feel what I have in a while, a lot of the ball, but no one, for whatever reason wanting to have a shot. We always seem to make 1pass too many & the chance is lost.

Presumably Davidson will miss the next match. Might not be a bad thing, he's not looked himself the last couple of weeks, a rest might do him some good. Gives us the chance to alter what's been an unfunctional midfield of late. Another 6 pointer next week & we're still in a great position. 

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Yep. Difficult to tell whether Higgins actually brought him down or not but if you put your arms round an attacker in the box like that you're pretty much asking for it.

Thought Mckay's booking for a dive was ridiculous at the time.

Yes indeed. The wee Ref produces much debate but what would we do without that post match banter? He has a long way to go mind you to rile me like Matt Northcroft used to. Hope Stranraer put a bit of a dent in Montrose's great run before you play them.

Definently lacking a cutting edge when we are on the road only 2 goals in our last five away games. Our trips to Airdrie this season have seen 2 very controversial penalty decisions go against us.  Airdrie and Montrose very much alike big strong teams. If you let them get in front very difficult to break down. Playing pretty football up to the 18 yard line no good unless you have an end product. Having said that just watched a team worth millions Man City having the same problem. As is the norm in a promotion or relegation battle always highs and lows on the way to the finishing line. 

7 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Yeah totally agree. He's always had a lot of potential but he's really stepped it up since he got back in the team the last few weeks. When he concentrates, keeps it simple and just focuses on defending he;s good centre-half for this level with a lot of potential and a very high upside. I hope we offer him a contract too and I'd be surprised if we didn't. Refine his passing game and start to score goals at first team level (he already looks a threat in the air and from taking set pieces) and he'll be a cracking player.