Airdrieonians v East Fife

Delighted with the points but Slightly worried about the lack of clear cut chances we created. In the small snips of play when the ball was actually on the deck being passed it was good football and the combo from gal and mackay proved that.  We are a good footballing team I just hope the players can gain faith in themselves for the run in. We are due to give someone a skelping

Callum Fordyce is a bit of an unsung hero this year. He's been arguably our best and most consistent signing, very rarely looks troubled and is always fairly calm. He's been shunted about to accommodate Kerr and crighton coming back and just gets on with it, a real team player.

Completely agree. Sound signing and glad he is with us a bit longer.

Disappointing afternoon. After taking the lead early on Airdrie looked reasonably happy to keep things tight and unfortunately we just didn't look able to break them down. Could of decent chances but final ball was out weakness all day.

1 hour ago, diamond daft said:

Delighted with the points but Slightly worried about the lack of clear cut chances we created. In the small snips of play when the ball was actually on the deck being passed it was good football and the combo from gal and mackay proved that.  We are a good footballing team I just hope the players can gain faith in themselves for the run in. We are due to give someone a skelping

Interested what makes you say that? I've not been to every match but been to most and from the matches I've been to I'm not sure I could give you a single game where I'd say we played 'good football' - if by that you mean nice, passing, attractive play for any more than a 20 minute spell.

That's not a criticism, just an observation, we've been in this league so long I couldn't care less how we play as long as we win and get out of it. But I'd say we are a team who are solid defensively, committed and on a good day have pace and energy in forward areas that can be a threat. I've not seen the slightest sign that we are some slick passing side that after 35 games or so just haven't clicked yet.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

54 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Interested what makes you say that? I've not been to every match but been to most and from the matches I've been to I'm not sure I could give you a single game where I'd say we played 'good football' - if by that you mean nice, passing, attractive play for any more than a 20 minute spell.

That's not a criticism, just an observation, we've been in this league so long I couldn't care less how we play as long as we win and get out of it. But I'd say we are a team who are solid defensively, committed and on a good day have pace and energy in forward areas that can be a threat. I've not seen the slightest sign that we are some slick passing side that after 35 games or so just haven't clicked yet.

Like you I have missed only a few League games and apart from  a great second half up at Forfar, we have not been pleasant on the eye. We have won almost as many games as the top 2, and if we had possessed a genuinely creative midfield , it could have been more ( The 2 Stranraer draws and some weird tactics away at Clyde). However I will accept the same result at Forfar next week.

59 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Maybe a bit generous and could have said, have shown signs of a good footballing team.  In the early games, clyde at hamilton, bohemians and clyde at home, most of the football was great. Even roy looked very promising. 

Not a great watch today which was spoiled by the wind to a large extent.

Probably slightly fortunate to take all 3 points but we lost to a penalty last week so things even up usually.

After we scored we seemed content to sit back and soak up the pressure. Today that worked as we defended well albeit EF weaved pretty patterns up to the last third but then lacked a decent final ball.  Our keeper really only had to make one save of any note. Against more creative opponents this tactic would  be extremely dangerous but Murray got away with it today!!!

The team sheet looked a bit suspect with no McCann Ryan or Roberts and a slightly makeshift defence with McDanald going from RB to LB and Fordyce moving from CB to RB. However they defended as a unit pretty well throughout. I agree with others who've suggested that Fordyce has been a bit of an unsung hero this season as he's been very consistent no matter what position he's been asked to play.

Like many others I'm not sure that McKay brings enough to the midfield and even his long throws have lost any element of surprise or productivity. I think I still prefer Roberts in his place as he certainly brought more energy and creativity to proceedings than McKay when he came on.

We now have 8 cup finals left

(A) Forfar, Stranraer, Raith, Falkirk and Clyde 

(H) Dumbarton, Peterhead and Montrose

Hope Andy Ryan, Leon McCann and Calum Smith's injuries arent too serious as we need all 3 on the pitch to perform at our best.

Would be a tough ask to win the title from our current position 5 behind Raith and a vastly inferior goal difference to the top 2 but hope springs eternal and we should have enough to make the play offs.

The next few weeks should be very interesting ...........................

Cmon- I try to be fair- you cant’ call Darren Young the moany one when you have Murray as a manager![emoji23]
The lad McKay may not have been booked for diving if Murray hadn't been so apoplectic on the sideline. The lad didn't actually claim for a pen as he tripped over his own feet, but Murray nearly bust a vein.

Thought that a draw would've been a fair result. East Fife had a few chances but didn't make anything of it. The one on one straight at Gallacher was terrible. Wtf was the ref about with the booking for a dive too? He hit his shot then lost balance and got booked.

41 minutes ago, Roger Thornhill said:

Go on  - explain. 

Both teams were poor though EF looked ok till final 3rd. Airdrie played with a style pleasing to the eye for half a dozen games earlier in the season played good football and the fans responded with good support the aim is to get promoted and we dont loose many goals so for the hardcore fans this will be a good result however for someone who encourages my daughters nephews and friends to go to matches The way we play of late is not exactly good to watch. If EF had a final pass or decent forward may have been different outcome. I have followed Airdrie for many many years I hear fans clap if certain players touch the ball 8 games to go and we still have no idea of what the team will be. 

Are Airdrie fans getting soft or what lol ♦️

Talking about fuds in dugouts. Why do Airdrie have the home dugout at the away end and the away dugout at the home end. Why bother with segregation then stick the opposing manager right next to you. How to wind up the crowd. 

Talking about fuds in dugouts. Why do Airdrie have the home dugout at the away end and the away dugout at the home end. Why bother with segregation then stick the opposing manager right next to you. How to wind up the crowd. 
Hardly right next to you. It's still in the central part of the stand and there is home fans immediately behind both dugouts.