Airdrieonians v East Fife

After the results tonight I am going for a home win , with Darren Young going mental when we get an early penalty. 1-0 Airdrie. The results tonight keep it all very interesting indeed.

You don’t want DY going mental, he might take out your fullback again!!![emoji6]

Hopefully we can take care of our own game so we'll be keeping a close eye on this one.
The winners will be in a really strong position, the losers and we'll be breathing right down your necks.
A draw and hopefully we can take advantage and jump into third place on Tuesday night.
Assuming we take care of our own business, of course.

15 hours ago, King Kebab said:

You don’t want DY going mental, he might take out your fullback again!!!emoji6.png

Yep it was a most unusual move by DY. If it stops our ineffective long throws I won't mind. Should be a very tight game until one of our teams score. Hope you enjoy the visit , but maybe not the result?

3 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Murray to see red in the second half after a vicious sliding tackle on Darren Young.

Given Murray's card count  this season that remains a possibility.   Their careers did overlap in the SPL so I wonder how often they were in midfield combat . I suspect they could both "leave it in" when needed.

When the teams get shys tomorrow can East Fife get some of those ikea white towels  handed out to the airdrie players from the ball boys. The towels go missing when East Fife get a shy an extremely poor show. 

5 minutes ago, troy said:

When the teams get shys tomorrow can East Fife get some of those ikea white towels  handed out to the airdrie players from the ball boys. The towels go missing when East Fife get a shy an extremely poor show. 

Will you bring your own poly bags to keep then dry for the shy?  Seriously I never noticed EF using this long throw tactic and I wish we would reduce them.

On 02/03/2020 at 11:03, TxRover said:

That’s a brutal stretch of games, against three of the top five. Of the lot, Airdrie seem slightly off form recently, so this will be an interesting result to see.

Very much so  😄

Priming myself for my ‘that’s a foul throw’ followed by ‘that’s a foul throw’ followed by ‘THATS A FECKIN FOUL THROW’ followed by ‘aw just gies a break man’! Write my own scripts too!

Its been a strange season from the what other supporters would term as usual airdrie badboy behaviour.   A few yellows for tripping a player on the break running at our defence.  Cant remember the last proper red though.  Fordice off at raith was over turned as it was the softest red ever.  No proper reds for tackles from 10 yards away.  However Ian Murray being the first manager in the uk to receive a yellow and has had quite a few over the season and then he got a red in the raith game.  I believe all our coaches have been booked at some point this season.  Even the ballboy got a telling off from the ref for time wasting a few weeks back against clyde.   Could perhaps be our best strategy tomorrow.   Early goal then the ballboy to runaway with the ball and Derek Young chasing him round the 3 empty stands for 85 mins.  

21 minutes ago, Ballboy said:

Its been a strange season from the what other supporters would term as usual airdrie badboy behaviour.   A few yellows for tripping a player on the break running at our defence.  Cant remember the last proper red though.  Fordice off at raith was over turned as it was the softest red ever.  No proper reds for tackles from 10 yards away.  However Ian Murray being the first manager in the uk to receive a yellow and has had quite a few over the season and then he got a red in the raith game.  I believe all our coaches have been booked at some point this season.  Even the ballboy got a telling off from the ref for time wasting a few weeks back against clyde.   Could perhaps be our best strategy tomorrow.   Early goal then the ballboy to runaway with the ball and Derek Young chasing him round the 3 empty stands for 85 mins.  

I am assuming Derek Young is the pervy old uncle of Darren?

38 minutes ago, LiamA said:

Priming myself for my ‘that’s a foul throw’ followed by ‘that’s a foul throw’ followed by ‘THATS A FECKIN FOUL THROW’ followed by ‘aw just gies a break man’! Write my own scripts too!

Jesus our tactics must have been leaked out.  Blast!!! 

Difficult to predict this one... as is with the  Diamonds  but Airdrie two win by 3 long throws to 2... or even goals. 

Though DY trying to catch the ball boy would be fun lol ♦️

Edited by Eric the half a b

14 hours ago, Ballboy said:

Early goal then the ballboy to runaway with the ball and Derek Young chasing him round the 3 empty stands for 85 mins.  

Tell your PA announcer to have yakety sax primed and ready from the 5th minute please! 

This had bothered me all morning. 

Woke from a drunken stupor, to see a vision of the bbc sport website saying airdrie 2-2 east fife. We had raced into a 2 goal lead scoring in the 8th and 13th minutes. We had Long sent off, conceding the resulting penalty in 33. Before airdrie equalised in 45+3. Don't know if that was only half time, or the final result. 

You heard it here first! 

Looks like it'll be a back 3 with Thomson at left wing back despite him being a right footed winger who is not a defender. Hope it's at least 343 and not 352 since that front three with Gal through the middle alone has worked and the 352 with no width was horrible to watch. Wedderburn and McKay have both had good and bad games and definitely have their uses but I'm not sure how well they'll do together in centre midfield without anyone else in support as Wedderburn is the world's slowest man and the game can bypass McKay. My first thought after seeing that lineup was "0-0"