Final fantasy VII Remake - Demo available now

Doctor

Visually stunning, not sure I like the combat system was a bit button bashing! Feel I will die a lot.
Still getting it though and worst case I put the game mode on easy so I can at least enjoy the story and not have to get too annoyed with the combat system hopefully!

Had to do that with Jedi Fallen order as I just couldn't get used to the fighting system.

• 4 weeks later...

I am so fucking stoked for this. Cannae wait for midnight tomorrow. Wish I hadn't cancelled my physical copy, I might have had it already!

4 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I ordered a physical copy, looks like it won't be here until Saturday.

I had a physical copy pre-ordered, but then when Squeenix started saying that because of the Corona situation they couldn't guarantee delivery on the 10th, I cancelled it and went digital. Then it turns out loads of folk who'd ordered the physical one were getting it early.

2 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Playing this on an emulator on my phone, never been keen on these types of games. Closest I got was Chrono Trigger. 

A lot of late-era sprite-based 2D games have aged far, far better than early 3D polygon-based games. Chrono Trigger is probably my second-favourite game of all time. It's an exceptional game and has aged far better than FF7.

13 minutes ago, Gaz said:

A lot of late-era sprite-based 2D games have aged far, far better than early 3D polygon-based games. Chrono Trigger is probably my second-favourite game of all time. It's an exceptional game and has aged far better than FF7.

Any recommendations for others to try? Saw there's a PS1 version of Secret of Mana. I've never played the SNES original but it's supposed to be good. 

24 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I had a physical copy pre-ordered, but then when Squeenix started saying that because of the Corona situation they couldn't guarantee delivery on the 10th, I cancelled it and went digital. Then it turns out loads of folk who'd ordered the physical one were getting it early.

aye the stuff I read said they were just sending them out (beginning of April) but mine shows 11th

13 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Any recommendations for others to try? Saw there's a PS1 version of Secret of Mana. I've never played the SNES original but it's supposed to be good. 

I hadn't heard of a PS1 version of SoM but if there is it'll be an emulation of the SNES version so you're as well just emulating the SNES version. It came out for PS4 last year but wasn't particularly good.

Final Fantasy 6 and Chrono Trigger are the pinnacle of 16-bit era RPGs. Going into the PSX era I'd really recommend FF8 and FF9 which have both had releases for modern consoles. Chrono Cross is a 'kind-of' sequel to Chrono Trigger (not a true sequel though) and is very love it / hate it (I love it).

FFX is the best of the rest. Graphics haven't aged well (it was an early PS2 game so suffers from the same problems that FF7 did) but its story is fantastic. Maybe even better than FF7's.

I played a couple of hours last night. For context, I've just jumped off the train on the way to the Sector 7 slums - so about half an hour into original, if you know what I mean.

It's brilliant. I'm getting more used to the combat. Tellingly though, there isn't anything I would class as 'filler'. It doesn't feel padded out at all.