Final fantasy VII Remake - Demo available now

Doctor

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Played through it twice last night.

It's perfect. Everything I could have hoped for. I've waited 15 years for this.

I didnt get a chance to play it but I did see Mr X jnr play it for a few minutes. Visually, its absolutely stunning. The combat was very different but he said there are different modes :unsure2:

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I didnt get a chance to play it but I did see Mr X jnr play it for a few minutes. Visually, its absolutely stunning. The combat was very different but he said there are different modes :unsure2:

There is a 'classic' mode as well but I haven't tried that yet. I'm going to play through it again tonight and give that a try.

Had no clue there was a demo coming out, hoping I love it as been looking forward to the game coming out!

Keen to see the new combat system and hope it A) doesn't dissapoint and B) I am not terrible at it

I have had just gotten used to turn based combat systems again after playing the two south park games recently.

Will it not annoy you that it wont be the full game when its released 
They are being sneaky by advertising this as Final Fantasy 7 Remake with no mention of it being part 1. Looks like it will finish upon leaving Midgar. Funny enough I remember playing this back in 98 and thinking I must be nearing the end of the game after leaving Midgar, just a wee bit wrong there [emoji28]

Don't think there is any release date for part 2 or any indication of how many parts there will be?

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I am still annoyed it is not the full FF7

50 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

They are being sneaky by advertising this as Final Fantasy 7 Remake with no mention of it being part 1. Looks like it will finish upon leaving Midgar. Funny enough I remember playing this back in 98 and thinking I must be nearing the end of the game after leaving Midgar, just a wee bit wrong there emoji28.png

Don't think there is any release date for part 2 or any indication of how many parts there will be?

Its been of the most anticipated remakes for years, one of the most requested, and they treat the fans like this, brutal 

Id much prefer to wait till the full game is out in its various parts

Its been of the most anticipated remakes for years, one of the most requested, and they treat the fans like this, brutal 
Id much prefer to wait till the full game is out in its various parts
Apparently the remake will take 50 to 60 hours to complete and that's just Midgar. It wasn't that big a section of the original game so could be a long way off before they finish the whole remake.

4 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Will it not annoy you that it wont be the full game when its released 

If it was the same 3-5 hours that Midgar takes in the original game, then yes. But it's not. It's fully fleshed-out. It'll be the length of a full game.

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:

They are being sneaky by advertising this as Final Fantasy 7 Remake with no mention of it being part 1.

It's been known for at least a year that this is just Part 1. They're not being sneaky at all. Anyone who buys it thinking it's the full game is a bit dim.

9 minutes ago, Gaz said:

If it was the same 3-5 hours that Midgar takes in the original game, then yes. But it's not. It's fully fleshed-out. It'll be the length of a full game.

It's been known for at least a year that this is just Part 1. They're not being sneaky at all. Anyone who buys it thinking it's the full game is a bit dim.

40hrs to complete midgar is a bit of a pisstake, they are clearly gonna just pad the f**k out of what was already a good length section in the original game

12 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

40hrs to complete midgar is a bit of a pisstake, they are clearly gonna just pad the f**k out of what was already a good length section in the original game

That's a fair enough opinion, albeit one that I disagree with, but to say they're being 'sneaky' and saying they're advertising it with no mention of it being Part 1 is just, well, wrong.

That's a fair enough opinion, albeit one that I disagree with, but to say they're being 'sneaky' and saying they're advertising it with no mention of it being Part 1 is just, well, wrong.
OK maybe not sneaky but it is going to confuse a lot of people. There is nothing on the advertising on Amazon etc stating it is Midgar only unless you delve into the FAQ.
I’ve never played any of these, as I always thought that turn based combat sounded shite.
Would this demo change my mind?
It isn't turn based anymore. You can slow down time to cast spells and use items but other than that you are fighting in real time. Didn't really like the new combat system until the boss fight. You have to be more tactical to beat the boss whereas you can just bash the attack button over and over again against the cannon fodder.

It does capture the look and feel of the original but because all the characters are voice acted now the music takes a bit of a back seat which is a shame.

1 minute ago, Jack Burton said:

OK maybe not sneaky but it is going to confuse a lot of people. There is nothing on the advertising on Amazon etc stating it is Midgar only unless you delve into the FAQ.

That's Amazon's fault then, not Square's. It's literally written on the first page of the website, and the reverse of the box, that it's the first part up until the escape from Midgar:

"The story of this first, standalone game in the FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE project covers up to the party’s escape from Midgar, and goes deeper into the events occurring in Midgar than the original FINAL FANTASY VII."

40 hours to complete Midgar sounds fucking brilliant. Mind the sick guy in one of the sector towns next to Marlene's house? That was supposed to be linked to Aeris and the Ancients later in the game but they didn't have time to complete it last time round. Shit like that I'd love to see. Also just explore deeper in the actual slum towns.