Promotion and Relegation

Wee Albert

With all the carry on about Brexit oops sorry lowland league,  teams leaving the league will there be any promotion or relegation this season as there are rumours of new league starting next season.

The deadline for applications to the WOSL is end of this month. At that point after taking into account how many clubs are leaving the region would then proceed with reconstructing the setup in what ever way is opted for. My guess would be the number of divisions would reduce. Some will be spared relegation with others getting moved up a division. The other option would be a similar set up to what the east region has but that's less likely of an option imo.

1 minute ago, Wee Albert said:

Wasn’t news just asking a question 

Sorry Albert, only kidding. To be honest, at the moment the ba’ is up on the slates. As I see it the WRJFA attempt to join the pyramid is too little, too late. They will try and string along the less determined teams/committees but it would appear that they have burned their bridges with the LL and therefore have no road into the pyramid. Veiled threats of‘action’ I would take with a pinch of salt. Many West Region teams will migrate to the new WoSFL. I would suggest that you get on board. The times, they are a’changing.

10 hours ago, holmparkheroes said:

Sorry Albert, only kidding. To be honest, at the moment the ba’ is up on the slates. As I see it the WRJFA attempt to join the pyramid is too little, too late. They will try and string along the less determined teams/committees but it would appear that they have burned their bridges with the LL and therefore have no road into the pyramid. Veiled threats of‘action’ I would take with a pinch of salt. Many West Region teams will migrate to the new WoSFL. I would suggest that you get on board. The times, they are a’changing.

I wonder what they mean by "It may be that the determination outcome lies outside the football authorities jurisdiction. A step we will consider if required to do so."

Who will be outside the football authorities jurisdiction? The SJFA? Well I suppose they could use the clubs £565,354 Investment Bond (value at March 2019) to fund a court case.

Or the WRSJFA? Have they asked the clubs if they want to go down this route or are they just blundering ahead?

13 hours ago, Wee Albert said:

With all the carry on about Brexit oops sorry lowland league,  teams leaving the league will there be any promotion or relegation this season as there are rumours of new league starting next season.

See East Juniors for details.

On 02/03/2020 at 00:34, Wee Albert said:

After the East region exodus, the region got reformed back in 2018, and again last year (and probably again this year with more teams leaving). After the initial exodus, the teams relegated from the Superleague were saved and all teams staying junior in the Premier League went to the new Superleague.

And the standard now left in East Region is garbage.

After the East region exodus, the region got reformed back in 2018, and again last year (and probably again this year with more teams leaving). After the initial exodus, the teams relegated from the Superleague were saved and all teams staying junior in the Premier League went to the new Superleague.

43 minutes ago, TheLad said:

And the standard now left in East Region is garbage.

North of the Tay it hasn't changed that much, although I can't deny that the exodus also had an effect here, it's not nearly as bad as south of the Tay, where the standard has gone downhill massively.

On 02/03/2020 at 00:34, Wee Albert said:

You might get promoted.