Fixtures Update

Kennie

6 minutes ago, Kennie said:

Sorry, didn't mean to turn this into another Pyramid thread.

I was only pointing out that we are ok with fixtures so far. In fact we are further ahead than our counterparts in the East.

This year was always going to be experimental to see how we would fare if we needed to finish by early May. 

If we over-run then we could look at what we need to do to ensure we would finish in time and with the improvements that some teams are putting in place, I'm pretty sure we could meet that deadline.

Right now with no real deadline to meet, there is no point in forcing teams into 3 games per week.

But you arent further ahead you have your main title challenger 9 games behind and you are using numbers to twist your argument which I could do the same.11 games behind clydebank. 

It will be a lot easier next season Kenny your fist game in the super sectional cup with no sponsor will be

Monday night Lugar v st ants 

Weds night kilbirnie v Lugar 

Sat st ants v kilbirnie 

First league game of the season 

Mon night st ants v Lugar 

Weds Lugar v kilbirnie

Saturday free week Gordon ronney got a doctors appointment.

Next Sat West of Scotland cup kilbirnie v Lugar  st ants got a bye to the final.

So you should get your season over by mid August.

But you arent further ahead you have your main title challenger 9 games behind and you are using numbers to twist your argument which I could do the same.11 games behind clydebank. 
Alan... like a pyramidal terminator sent from the future will the sole function of ending junior football

3 minutes ago, AT4EVA said:
9 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Alan... like a pyramidal terminator sent from the future will the sole function of ending junior football

I'm sure the t1000 is out looking for tom johnstone just now

1 hour ago, Kennie said:

Interesting comment Alan. I tried to find the East Of Scotland premier League's fixture to compare, but, unfortunately I could only find fixtures for March.

I did find league tables though and it would suggest that we're not doing too badly considering the chaos of the Junior Cup

West Premiership - Games - 240. Played - 169. Still to play - 71.  On the list - 71.

EOSL Premier - Games 240. Played - 145, Still to play - 95. On the list - ?

I believe the EoS Premier has played 155. With 16 listed. The 4 Saturdays of 4th April, 11th April, 25th April and 2nd May are not booked a year in advance. In a perfect world those dates would be used for the 4 rounds not booked, but some of them get slotted in during the season with the last 4 Saturdays used to mop up postponements. So that 64 games not listed because currently they don't know what needs played. That leaves just 5 outstanding dates from the 240.

With this weekend largely being used for cup games that will end some teams cup commitments for the year (Mix of 1st and 2nd Round of the League Cup and South Challenge Cup games) I imagine the 4 Saturdays and remaining league fixtures will be booked in next week

It will be a lot easier next season Kenny your fist game in the super sectional cup with no sponsor will be
Monday night Lugar v st ants 
Weds night kilbirnie v Lugar 
Sat st ants v kilbirnie 
First league game of the season 
Mon night st ants v Lugar 
Weds Lugar v kilbirnie
Saturday free week Gordon ronney got a doctors appointment.
Next Sat West of Scotland cup kilbirnie v Lugar  st ants got a bye to the final.
So you should get your season over by mid August.
Think you will find that kilbirnie has registered a note of interest regarding wosl, so chances are that they may well be playing in that next season,

39 minutes ago, Kennie said:

Interesting comment Alan. I tried to find the East Of Scotland premier League's fixture to compare, but, unfortunately I could only find fixtures for March.

I did find league tables though and it would suggest that we're not doing too badly considering the chaos of the Junior Cup

West Premiership - Games - 240. Played - 169. Still to play - 71.  On the list - 71.

EOSL Premier - Games 240. Played - 145, Still to play - 95. On the list - ?

EOS fixtures until the third weekend of March were produced at the start of the season. This weekend has two major cup competitions so I assume the rest of the fixtures will be out shortly after that. Especially as we now know which clubs are involved in the title race, so they can be prioritised.

Suppose it's the conundrum of whether to schedule fixtures in a few weeks time knowing some will need to be changed anyway, e.g. Talbot if they get through to the Junior Cup semis.

Would agree with you that you've got plenty of scope to change things up for (ahem!) next season.

Kennie - just ignore the walloper from the Camelon twenty - he is a feckin clown who seems to have an unhealthy interest in a league that he says is dead in the water

Hopefully, he will just f**k off to his own wee narrow minded world and leave others in peace

I'll be working on them over the next few days. Still got to look after the day job.
Any more news on our fixtures, last game advertised for 18 April but plenty of games still to be rescheduled and fixtures out to May on the SJFA West website? You had a Wednesday night for our game against Renfrew which ended up being postponed due to frost, but so far no evening fixtures arranged, surely that's a no brainer?