Clyde Vs Montrose

5 minutes ago, TheBigGuy said:

I find the time wasting tiring personally. 

Totally agree. Unless you're playing a team quite literally out of your league then it's a total embarrassment and completely unnecessary. I honestly believe we are a better team than Montrose but our negativity (and time wasting is a big part of that in terms of mentality if nothing else) let them back into the game and almost lost us 2 points.

We didn't win because we wasted time, we won despite it!

Incidentally, how many Montrose fans were there last night? Seemed a reasonable amount for a freezing midweek game. Fair play.

Edited by RutherGlen

I'm pretty sure just about every team in this League employs time-wasting tactics (including Montrose) , and it does sometimes help to take the sting out of the game and slow it down.

Having said that,  I'm not condoning it, and it is sometimes as frustrating for the fans of the team doing it because of the time the ref will add on at the end.

Not sure we’re a better team than Montrose but certainly not a million miles away. 

Livingstone was done a few times last night but made an excellent block in the last few minutes to stop a ball coming in. Overall I think him and Cunningham have improved us. 

Mcstay has been a lot better recently and agree on the above he’s looking more settled into this league. Still bursting a gut to close down in the last few minutes. 

Also think Cuddihy has been better the last few games, he was woeful December and January but since being dropped for a few games has definitely upped his game again. 

Time-wasting is absolutely magnificent and should be kept up by all teams. Foaming at the mouth with rage at opposition players taking ages to walk off the pitch, gloriously winding opposition fans up when your players take 2 minutes to walk to take the corner. Lovely stuff, more of that please. 

Time-wasting is absolutely magnificent and should be kept up by all teams. Foaming at the mouth with rage at opposition players taking ages to walk off the pitch, gloriously winding opposition fans up when your players take 2 minutes to walk to take the corner. Lovely stuff, more of that please. 
Are you Gus McPherson?

On 03/03/2020 at 11:26, watdeadlyone said:

Can see SP making 2 or 3 changes for this one.

If Tezza is fit can see him in for Winker as he played over 80 mins on Saturday.  CJ for Rusty maybe and would love to see big Aiden get another start.

As said in previous post think this will be a tight game and maybe 1 goal will settle it ( in our favour obviously)

26tPoyDhjiJ2g7rEs.gif

6 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Dont know how anyone can think we are a better team than Montrose atm. The league table doesnt lie.

We have the best player in the league in Goodwillie, but thats it.

I don't think we have beaten Falkirk 3 times by chance. Also, did you see the first half against Montrose? We were the better team by quite a bit I'd say. Like I said, the only reason they dominated the 2nd half was because we stopped playing football which played right into their hands.

6 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

I don't think we have beaten Falkirk 3 times by chance. Also, did you see the first half against Montrose? We were the better team by quite a bit I'd say. Like I said, the only reason they dominated the 2nd half was because we stopped playing football which played right into their hands.

But we have failed to beat Forfar in 3, have won against Stranraer once and have 2 losses v Peterhead.  While grateful for the 9 points from Falkirk we NEED to beat the teams in our mini league.

8 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

Whle I don't think we've beaten Falkirk 3 times by chance, they have been pretty rotten in every meeting. Amazed they haven't lost more games.

10 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Whle I don't think we've beaten Falkirk 3 times by chance, they have been pretty rotten in every meeting. Amazed they haven't lost more games.

To be honest, neither Falkirk or Raith have been spectacular, though Falkirk’s goal difference is impressive, they havent looked like easy contenders for the championship.

IMO Raith and East Fife are the two best footballing teams I've seen this season. Thought East Fife looked really good on the first day of the season. Raith were brilliant in the first game at Starks Park and the first half of our game at Broadwood. 

Stranraer and Falkirk are the two worst teams I've seen so far.