Clyde Vs Montrose

Really looking forward to this one. Big result for the club on Saturday against a full time team. Mark Lamont will be key, he was excellent on Saturday and if Mcstay performs Clyde might just take the game 2-1.

Petrie has done a great job again this season. Crazy to think that he has done it, without a prolific goal scorer.

Edited by TheBigGuy

Wasn't at the game at Links Park but thought Montrose were really good in their 2-0 win at Broadwood. Crazy to think how they started the season compared to where they are now.

Hopefully the same level of commitment from our players as Saturday. Don't really see the need to change anything unless some are feeling the effects of 3 games in a week.

11 hours ago, TheBigGuy said:

Petrie has done a great job again this season. Crazy to think that he has done it, without a prolific goal scorer.

Have said this to others. We are a striker away from being real contenders in this league. 

Tough game for the Mo tomorrow night but vital if we are to push for a top 4 spot. Our previous 2 games against Clyde have been pretty comfortable but they are bound to be on a high after a great result on Saturday. Will settle for a stuffy 1-0 away win. 

I think this will be tough unfortunately. We'll need to be really focussed and make sure we can't get counter-attacked. Montrose will actually have a gameplan to deal with Goodwillie, and we won't come close to dealing with their full-backs attacking, and Lyons.

I'd maybe think about bringing in Rankin for Love who really struggled against Dumbarton after his exertions the previous Saturday.

Agreed I’d bring rankin in for Love. Montrose were excellent at broadwood earlier in the season, both full backs caused up major issues. 

Another big game for us, need another performance but should take confidence from Saturday. 

For us, a lot will depend on how the team have recovered from Saturday.   A few that finished the match were hobbling about, hopefully nothing more that slight knocks however.    

If we can replicate the effort and use of the ball we saw on against Falkirk we will have a fighting chance.  On the flip side, there is no way Montrose's full-backs will be even half as incompetent as Falkirk's. 

Only our 4th home league match this year, and undefeated at present in that time winning 7 out of 9 available.  Keep that up and the relegation playoffs won't be a consideration.  But much like Pele, we struggle to keep it up...   

Agree with all of above. I actually think that Montrose were best side I have seen at Broadwood this season (in league obviously). 

I think Love took a sore one on Saturday During the goal assist, coupled with Rankin being fresher having only payed 20 mins or so. I’d swap them yes. Other than that same starting 11. Have to hope we actually get 2 good performances on the trot; not happened this season which has been the issue.  Glad it’s at home, but as it stands just now I’d probably take a point now TBH.

Don't know if Cunnigham will be fit either. He signalled to the bench that he needed to come off. Wouldn't be surprised if Lennon goes with Wylde instead going by previous line ups. I wouldn't pick Wylde has done nothing since he came in.

Montrose have beat us easily twice so far. We will need to match Sat's performance to take something from the game.

Don't know if Cunnigham will be fit either. He signalled to the bench that he needed to come off. Wouldn't be surprised if Lennon goes with Wylde instead going by previous line ups. I wouldn't pick Wylde has done nothing since he came in.

Montrose have beat us easily twice so far. We will need to match Sat's performance to take something from the game.

Agree on Wylde. As much as he can be frustrating, I’d start Darren Smith in the role that Cunningham played on Saturday and hope the good one turns up and not the one that misses sitters and falls over the ball

25 minutes ago, lumos said:

Agree on Wylde. As much as he can be frustrating, I’d start Darren Smith in the role that Cunningham played on Saturday and hope the good one turns up and not the one that misses sitters and falls over the ball

Can't understand how Wylde gets a game at all, he's clearly unfit and not bothering to improve his fitness as he's been with us for weeks now !

I would definitely play Smith ahead of him, despite missing chances he never gives up, and also tracks back when required. That will be needed against a Montrose side who always appear to be one of the most mobile in the League.

I've got a funny feeling about this one.The good thing is we can change it about a bit if needed.Would personally start big Quinn and sena for a start and maybe even Terry Masson if fit.

Looking forward to this, although can imagine a tricky game with Clyde on a high after a good result on Saturday. 

Agree it would be good to see Terry and Sena in the starting X1 but Cammy F Ballantyne is playing well and Watson has a great game at broadwood earlier in the season. 

Winning this game and next Tuesday’s rearranged game at Stranraer will set us up well for the final push for top 4. 

Both teams with a lot to play for so should be a good one. Montrose seem to have our number this season so DL will need to change something.   I agree with the above that this is not a game for Johnston to start. We need to complete man for man all over the pitch or it will be another stroll for the Mo.  

18 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Just as a side not to this game, did Dillon play in the same side at the same time as goodwillie with Dundee utd?

Aye for a few years up till Goodwillie signed for Blackburn I think.