Hibs vs Hearts

The away end was absolutely bouncing last night as well, genuinely never heard a peep from the home fans.

A five hour sash bash in Middleton’s snorting cheap coke and pretending you’re h*ns will do that to a support to be fair.

4 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

A five hour sash bash in Middleton’s snorting cheap coke and pretending you’re h*ns will do that to a support to be fair.

And Hibs fans get the good shit do they? I think I'll take my chances over burning spoons.

Edinburgh derbies are occasions where a bit of the Scottish da football coach mentality is actually needed. As much as it's a horrendous cliche, every Hearts player won their battle. It seemed like we didn't win a second ball all night, which comes down to players grafting and helping each other out. 

I wouldn't take it as an insult to talk up the difference in attitude last night. On the rare occasions that we have teams who are up for the battle, I love to see it.

I noticed after the second goal that none of our players were talking to each other. We are chronically lacking any kind of leadership figures who aren't crocked.

Guest JTS98
1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I don't think it's unfair to say that Hearts wanted it more. It was clearly a bigger and more important game for them. Our players looked like they thought they could just turn up after what happened in the Boxing day fixture.

It's a large part of the reason why Hearts have such a good record in the fixture. The fixture means more to Hearts.

I don't really know about it 'meaning more'. I think it's just that Hearts as a club are better at handling derbies and better at instilling the idea that you don't lose these games.

Also, we tend to just be better than Hibs.

The Hibs players were quite clearly trying their best last night. How much harder could they have tried? They were losing the rag at what was happening, shouting at the referee etc. The Hibs fans were clearly devastated by it. Dempster's face was like thunder at full time. In what sense could it 'mean more'? What does that even mean?

Hearts were the better team last night. Hibs fans never ever say after any of their many derby defeats that Hearts were simply better than them. It's the Hibs narrative that Hearts only ever kick them off the park, beat them on a small pitch, 'want it more' etc. It is anathema to Hibs fans to ever concede that Hearts simply played football better than them and played them off the park.

However, nobody could doubt that last night. Even if Hibs supporters' ridiculous sense of identity tied to an imaginary tradition of flair will never allow them to admit it.

2 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I don't think it's unfair to say that Hearts wanted it more. It was clearly a bigger and more important game for them. Our players looked like they thought they could just turn up after what happened in the Boxing day fixture.

It's a large part of the reason why Hearts have such a good record in the fixture. The fixture means more to Hearts.

Tears 

Guest Bob Mahelp

Hibs have always been a soft touch as long as I've watched football. Everyone knows that, apart from Hibs fans.

'Hibs are silky footballing geniuses and (insert name of team) are clogging, hoofball thugs'.......copyright hibs.net...... is simply Leith code for 'Hibs are shite'.

1 hour ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Edinburgh derbies are occasions where a bit of the Scottish da football coach mentality is actually needed. As much as it's a horrendous cliche, every Hearts player won their battle. It seemed like we didn't win a second ball all night, which comes down to players grafting and helping each other out. 

I wouldn't take it as an insult to talk up the difference in attitude last night. On the rare occasions that we have teams who are up for the battle, I love to see it.

I noticed after the second goal that none of our players were talking to each other. We are chronically lacking any kind of leadership figures who aren't crocked.

It's not a horrendous cliche or 'yer da patter', it's just a fact of football.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Hibs have always been a soft touch as long as I've watched football. Everyone knows that, apart from Hibs fans.

'Hibs are silky footballing geniuses and (insert name of team) are clogging, hoofball thugs'.......copyright hibs.net...... is simply Leith code for 'Hibs are shite'.

You going to your semi final in hampden Bob? 

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

You going to your semi final in hampden Bob? 

Now that I know that we're not going to be playing Hibs in the final, yes.

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Thats not what you said on another thread...

True dat.

I did change my mind though, later in the thread... 👍

7 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

True dat.

I did change my mind though, later in the thread... 👍

You changed it from,  not a direct quote but its close "we will lose, I'm tired of losing, we always lose, it's too far, it's too expensive, Deeks will bottle it, whinge,whinge cry"

I'd thought given half a chance to get out of the dullest city in Europe youd jump at it..

It must be shite supporting Aberdeen 

Edited by Bohemian