Hibs vs Hearts

Guest JTS98
4 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Ah fair fucks hearts.  I’d be thinking twice about renewing my season ticket for next season.  Fortunately your mob just paid for it.  Guess that what happens when you bet on the outsiders to win.

1818EAFC-2B1B-4929-913B-3F5F29C989B3.jpeg

Shut up and charge your phone.

The St Mirren game call-off might well have saved our season. Whatever Stendel's been doing in training (rope and goggles lol) has worked as we've looked solid as f**k at the back in the last two games. Dikamona has been excellent since coming in and Smith makes us so much more secure in there.

There weren't any failures in the team but I thought Washington was excellent again. Always makes intelligent runs and works hard. I was going to comment that he's a very good player for a striker who never scores but then he rammed in the third. Smug 

Nothing new being said here, but Hibs were absolutely fucking rank. This had the feel of one of those early 2010s derbies where we just turned up and ragdolled them with ease. The bad news is they surely can't play as badly as that in the Semi.

Hibs looked like a Craig Levein team tonight.

Pffft......nowhere near that good. That’s the worst team performance from Hibs in fück knows how long......no fight....little skill on display.....some of the passing was schoolboy stuff......
Hearts just off the back of claiming Sevco’s scalp must have given Ross food for thought re. his tactics as he’d know their confidence would be high.
Stendel has just shown every other team how to comprehensively turn Hibs over.
Jackson and Doidge should be prosecuted under the Trades Description Act for impersonating professional footballers.
[emoji35][emoji3525]

Guest JTS98
3 minutes ago, DC92 said:

There weren't any failures in the team but I thought Washington was excellent again. Always makes intelligent runs and works hard. I was going to comment that he's a very good player for a striker who never scores but then he rammed in the third. Smug 

Nothing new being said here, but Hibs were absolutely fucking rank. This had the feel of one of those early 2010s derbies where we just turned up and ragdolled them with ease. The bad news is they surely can't play as badly as that in the Semi.

I'm pretty much always impressed with him. A good player, but the lack of goals has been a concern. All forgiven now.

I agree with the feel of the game. Always felt like we were fine and from the start of the second half we just wiped the floor with them. The intensity changed noticeably in the first few minutes of the second half and we never looked back.

It's like I said before the game. While Hibs were obviously favourites going into it, there was no reason we couldn't beat them again. They're not very good either.

Semi could go either way too, but we've no reason to fear it.

With no exaggeration, that was one of the worst derby performances I've ever seen. Which is really saying something. I'm not sure how I didn't expect this in hindsight, with a team that is filled with total mystery players like Allan and out and out frauds like McNulty. 

Hearts were the complete opposite, they showed everything you want in a derby performance. I'd be surprised if they were even close to relegation by May.

Some month for Jack Ross now. I imagine he had a pretty strong approval rating before tonight but I don't see how he ends up making this job work if he loses the semi. 

18 hours ago, Aim Here said:

The world where Hearts have managed to win 1 game out of 10 against fellow tail-enders Ross County, Hamilton, St Mirren and St Johnstone this season.

How did that barrowload go for you?

9 hours ago, JTS98 said:

I'm pretty much always impressed with him. A good player, but the lack of goals has been a concern. All forgiven now.

I agree with the feel of the game. Always felt like we were fine and from the start of the second half we just wiped the floor with them. The intensity changed noticeably in the first few minutes of the second half and we never looked back.

It's like I said before the game. While Hibs were obviously favourites going into it, there was no reason we couldn't beat them again. They're not very good either.

Semi could go either way too, but we've no reason to fear it.

He's a 100% effort player. He just never,ever looks like scoring. But he now joins a glorious list of Hearts strikers that couldn't hit a coo's erse with a banjo - until they face Hibs. Weir, Glen, Nade, Obua, Ikpeazu and now, step forward Connor Washington.

11 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Bozanic is a weird one. I've seen him been anonymous, I've seen him be shite, and I've seen him be absolute class. That's it. Not one average 6/10 performance. 

Damour is, admittedly, absolute fucking garbage. :lol:

I bow to nobody in my disdain for the lack of ability in these two players. Nobody groans more than me when Bozanic takes 4 touches to work out what to do next, or Damour's first touch has the ball bouncing 5 yards away. But tbf they have both been very good in the last 2 games. Maybe Stendel's got them practicing football or something.

That was excellent.  Seen the usual platitudes about us "wanting it more", and while we did, putting it solely down to desire does us a disservice. We were utterly dominant, Hibs should've been down to 10, possibly 9, yet we had a great gameplan that we executed well and didn't get distracted.  

The away end was absolutely bouncing last night as well, genuinely never heard a peep from the home fans.

I don't think it's unfair to say that Hearts wanted it more. It was clearly a bigger and more important game for them. Our players looked like they thought they could just turn up after what happened in the Boxing day fixture.

It's a large part of the reason why Hearts have such a good record in the fixture. The fixture means more to Hearts.

38 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Hibs should've been down to 10, possibly 9, 

There is no doubt McNulty and Alllan should have gone and Halkett lucky to stay on as well. Another dreadful performance by Clancy.