Hibs vs Hearts - Scottish Cup Semi Final

HibsFan

The last time Robbie managed Hearts in a cup game against us. He was 2-0 up and fucked it up with 10 to go. We also went on to win the cup. 

Aye that wasn’t great. I can’t think of anything more embarrassing than losing to your rivals by the odd goal the early rounds.

Maybe getting absolutely rag-dolled at Hampden en route to them winning the cup? TWICE?

Bit far fetched that though.

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I am absolutely convinced that Heart of Midlothian are going to somehow win this one.

Can't see it. I wouldn't read too much into their ragdolling of an inept Dundee side. Hibs are several levels up from that.

9 hours ago, Stan Hope said:

playing your biggest rivals for a place in a final, and you have zero excitement for it cause the pub isnt open ? any game of such importance, i'd be nowhere near a pub, its the stadium or in the house in front of the telly, and being unable to be contacted for 2hrs, and since the stadium is out of the question....

The pubs aren’t open, can’t be at the ground, can’t go anywhere to celebrate if we win other than staying at home, pretty depressing if you ask me.

As someone who’s attended just about every game home and away for years this really means very little to me.

Would happily take a loss in this game to win the next couple of league games and get more chance of a European trip next summer but that’s just me.

All that we’re playing for is bragging rights, prize money and the right to gloat over social media, give me points towards a trip away next summer over that any day of the week.

Edited by Les Cabbage

I hate to say it but Ross has to win this one. Everything in the lead up to this has gone in our favour and we’ve had huge advantages over hearts in terms of preparations.

It’s not going to be the same without the fans but it’s still a Scottish cup semi derby which rarely comes around.  I’m going to start drinking at 10 and set off pyro in my living room. f**k it.

Edited by St. Jude

I can't honestly say I'm looking forward to this game , which is unusual for a semi final. If it was against any other team I'd be ok .  I don't think it will be a classic by any means , the thought  of loosing to Robbie Replays mob is a grim proposition 

Edited by stanton

On 24/10/2020 at 00:28, Les Cabbage said:

All that we’re playing for is bragging rights, prize money and the right to gloat over social media

Have you forgot that we are playing for a place in the Scottish Cup Final?

Quadruple is still on etc etc?

2 hours ago, Green Day said:

Have you forgot that we are playing for a place in the Scottish Cup Final?

Quadruple is still on etc etc?

A cup final that if we reach we won’t be able to attend and if we win we won’t be able to celebrate.

The reason we all follow football is to be able to go to see your team play at the big occasion and to be able to celebrate when things go well, if you take that away it really doesn’t mean anything for me.

As I said before, by all means play the league games in the hope that we can build foundations and even get a European trip for next summer but football without us being there to celebrate or even being able to get together with friends and loved ones for the day just isn’t football if you ask me.

Feel a bit flat about this game if truth be told. Big game, against our rivals, with a SC final place at stake and yet I just can't feel excited about it. It feels surreal tbh. I'm sure my interest will pick up as the week goes on, but the fact it's behind closed doors has definitely ruined it in terms of build up and excitement. 

It just doesn't feel like a massive Derby at this point though.