Hibs vs Hearts - Scottish Cup Semi Final

HibsFan

3 hours ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

Genuine question, what would have been the ideal kick off time? I've seen a load of folk on Twitter complain about it also.

Half 5 on a Saturday night so both set of fans can have a few tequila's. 

Would there then not be a load of complaints about it everyone being drunk and it not being family-friendly? Pretty sure that's what Hibs fans said regarding the league cup semi 5.30 kick off this season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

1 hour ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

Would there then not be a load of complaints about it everyone being drunk and it not being family-friendly? Pretty sure that's what Hibs fans said regarding the league cup semi 5.30 kick off this season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Families can get to f**k, there’s probably a rugby game on somewhere if they want a friendly atmosphere.

Seriously though, 12:15 is a shite kick off time. Barely any time for even one drink before the game, have to leave Edinburgh about half 10/ 11 o’clock to make it in time for kick off, probably earlier if people are getting the train or driving through. Even 12:30 would have been better.

11 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

That will never happen, regardless of TV, for precisely the reason you want it to happen.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but it's the way things are these days. 

Families can get to f**k, there’s probably a rugby game on somewhere if they want a friendly atmosphere.
Seriously though, 12:15 is a shite kick off time. Barely any time for even one drink before the game, have to leave Edinburgh about half 10/ 11 o’clock to make it in time for kick off, probably earlier if people are getting the train or driving through. Even 12:30 would have been better.
12:30 isn't possible because potential extra-time would cut into the 3pm blackout.

• 1 month later...
On 15/04/2020 at 02:47, JCR said:

Hearts season ticket information implies they still expect this match will happen at some point.

The Scottish Cup is just three matches, affecting four teams. It would be relatively easy to squeeze the cup into the schedules somewhere once the fitba restarts.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 01/03/2020 at 18:07, Darren said:

I for one cannot wait to beat Hibs in a semi then Celtic in a final, only to get relegated a week or two later. Some laugh.

* I for one cannot wait to beat Hibs in a semi then Celtic in a final after being unjustly demoted. Some laugh.

On 21/07/2020 at 17:50, RossBFaeDundee said:

Bump

So, Hibs with new fresh faces and 3 months of competitive game time behind them, vs Championship Hearts who have maybe played 2 league games but this point.

If things go right, this could be a hammering.

There's certainly been one hammering.

It's a sad state of affairs when superior clubs with premiership status such as ourselves are forced to face off against lesser qualified sides from smaller leagues. They should have their own Scottish Cup competition down there with cups half the size made from copper tinted led. Let us bigger boys get on with more pressing business.

It's a sad state of affairs when superior clubs with premiership status such as ourselves are forced to face off against lesser qualified sides from smaller leagues. They should have their own Scottish Cup competition down there with cups half the size made from copper tinted led. Let us bigger boys get on with more pressing business.

Technically this is part of the 2019/20 season
So, on this thread,we’re a top flight club

It will be business as usual at hampden. Hibs as usual will have delusions of grandeur. Jack Ross will have them believing. Neilson has a point to prove. Not only to the hearts fans but himself. 

Hibs yet again will underestimate us and will end up the losers. 

Hearts 3-1

13 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

I'm all for wiping the 2015/16 Scottish Cup from history because it was won by a lower league team.

52 minutes ago, Darren said:

I'm all for wiping the 2015/16 Scottish Cup from history because it was won by a lower league team.

Didn't Hearts suffer the embarrassment of losing to a side in the championship that year? 

I suppose it wouldn't seem so embarrassing now, that they've found their level. 

4 hours ago, juvehearts said:

It will be business as usual at hampden. Hibs as usual will have delusions of grandeur. Jack Ross will have them believing. Neilson has a point to prove. Not only to the hearts fans but himself. 

Hibs yet again will underestimate us and will end up the losers. 

Hearts 3-1

The last time Robbie managed Hearts in a cup game against us. He was 2-0 up and fucked it up with 10 to go. We also went on to win the cup.